Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 64 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 63 64
T
T
Hooray for you! Hope you didn't forget to add the green olives! *s*

M
M
Pre-diabetic here.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast

Lunch: Sugar free Protein drink with egg and heavy cream

Dinner: Rib eye with fresh squash and salad with SF blue cheese dressing

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
...SF blue cheese dressing...

Tex, waaaaaay too much information here. blush Most of us just enjoy consuming our blue cheese over lettuce.

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...SF blue cheese dressing...

Tex, waaaaaay too much information here. blush Most of us just enjoy consuming our blue cheese over lettuce.

sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Who woulda thunk it? Sex free dressing...

M
M
I think the poke was about Sexually Fullfilling dressing...I'm gonna have to ponder that one...

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I think the poke was about Sexually Fullfilling dressing...I'm gonna have to ponder that one...

I thought ML was alluding to sugar free and NG's innuendo was as you described,I just combined the two. NG was funny mine was reaching...not to give up too easily though; in my best Beavis and [censored] "you said poke"...

V
V
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Pre-diabetic here.

Bacon and eggs for breakfast

Lunch: Sugar free Protein drink with egg and heavy cream

Dinner: Rib eye with fresh squash and salad with SF blue cheese dressing

Honey, if you're drinking raw eggs you're going to die of food poisoning long before the diabetes takes you!

You're a brave woman!

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
M
Originally Posted by HopefulNC
[

Honey, if you're drinking raw eggs you're going to die of food poisoning long before the diabetes takes you!

You're a brave woman!

I doubt it, there is very little chance of getting salmonella eating raw eggs. The risk is about 1 in 20,000 - 30,000, while the risk of dying in an accidental drowning is 1 in 1,000 and 1 in 6500 chance of dying from a slip and fall. I have been doing it since I was 14 so 40 years so far, so good. grin

Salmonella Risk of Raw Eggs May Be Lower Than Originally Thought

In the late 1990s, the U.S. government reported that as many as 20% of all U.S. chickens were contaminated with salmonella. However, by 2005, that had dropped to 16%.

A 2002 study by U.S. Department of Agriculture found that the risk of egg-borne salmonella was less than previously thought. The USDA study found that of the 69 billion eggs produced each year in the U.S., only 2.3 million are contaminated with salmonella. That�s 1 in every 30,000 eggs. Even then, the salmonella may have not even penetrated the shell, so smart handling and additional washing of the egg can decrease that risk.

Children, the elderly and immuno-compromised should probably avoid raw eggs entirely. If you are a healthy adult, you have to make your own decisions about the occasional consumption of raw eggs in dishes or dressings. While the odds of contracting salmonella from eggs is fairly slim � 1 in 30,000 � there are risks, so be aware of them. Health experts advise people to store eggs in the refrigerator, use them within two weeks, cook them thoroughly, and not eat them raw.

If you are eating raw eggs daily because you think they are somehow more healthy than cooked ones, eat at your own risk, but realize there�s really no reason for it. Eat �em scrambled and you�ll do just as well. And if you�ve ever tried to down a glass of raw eggs, you�ll now they taste better cooked, anyway.
here

Exposure 101

M
M
Just learned how to make homemade pico de whatever and it is delicious!! I used it to make some guacamole with the fresh avocadoes we bought at Sam's this weekend.

Exposure 101

N
N
..pico de whatever..
Pico de coyote? [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com]
Pico de armadillo?
Pico de polecat?
Pico de possum?

Sorry, but I am reminded that on this thread there was once a Lone Star
offering of "Roadkill Chili", so I think caution is highly appropriate!

M
M
shaddup, NG!!! sigh

It happens to be Pico de gallo.. laugh

Exposure 101

V
V
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I doubt it, there is very little chance of getting salmonella eating raw eggs. The risk is about 1 in 20,000 - 30,000, while the risk of dying in an accidental drowning is 1 in 1,000 and 1 in 6500 chance of dying from a slip and fall. I have been doing it since I was 14 so 40 years so far, so good. grin

I fall into Immunocompromised. I'll stick to well cooked.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
L
L
Homemade chicken noodle soup and biscuits. Sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
I
I
Chicken stew with parsley dumplings. My Auntie Josies recipe smile

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Does Aunt Josie share her recipes?

K
K
I wasn't aware you could safely eat raw eggs. Huh.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
L

I hope she does.........I would add it to my MB friends recipe collection. smile

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
B
B
Originally Posted by Logans_Run

I hope she does.........I would add it to my MB friends recipe collection. smile
Me too!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
Oh I'm sure she won't mind, Ill type it up.

Though I'm sure shredded suet is a difficult ingredient to get in the US and its essential for the dumplings.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 26 of 64 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation