Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I still have not purchased the eblaster software to install on my husbands android phone. He was talking the other day about rooting his phone. I have a vague idea of what he will do but does anyone have any information or experience with installing eblaster on a phone that is rooted? I don't want to spend the money on the product if I won't be able to use it. He has not rooted it yet but he has talked about it for quite some time so I know it is coming. I am wondering if it would be better to install before he does this. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

E
E
Let me preface this with saying I don't know anything about this software. What I do know about is Android OS and what rooting means.

The term rooting comes from the Unix predecessors of Android. Android Operating System (OS) is an OS similar to Unix and Linux. They use similar command sets, file system layouts and user accounts. The user root is the administrative account of the machine, userid 0 (zero). This user has unlimited power on the machine.

What rooting a phone does is give the owner of the phone administrative rights to change things on the phone. For example, I rooted my old Android phone so I could install a WiFi hotspot application, bypassing my carriers desire to sell me the service. But for that application to run, I needed root access to make some networking changes in the system.

The bottom line is I don't expect that rooting the phone prevents one from installing an app. However, there are two caveats. He may be changing the version of Android OS as he roots his phone using a custom ROM. Second, it may be easier to detect as he then has access to higher privileges than before an may be able to run commands or other apps that would make it easier to detect.

Another thing, if you install before the phone is rooted, depending on how it works vs how the your husband gets root access, it may simply wipe out the software. If he installs a custom ROM that replaces something written by the eblaster software, then you will lose that source of information. (Argument for doing it before and getting what you can now???)

The question is best directed back to the software vendor and they may have tested it against rooted Android phones and would know exactly how the two interact.

I've been a Unix guy since 1983 and work for a major Unix vendor, FWIW.

E
E
This article says it stops when the phone is rooted:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399192,00.asp

Wondering if that means if it's rooted after installed, or simply any rooted phone stops reporting?

D
D
Yes, you can use HelloSPY app. Its help to track phone location, text message, call history, and more. Hope this help.

Download FREE and try it at http://hellospy.com

W
W
Daisyvo,

I would also be interested in something that can be installed on a rooted android phone. Do you know for sure that you can use HelloSpy app with a rooted android phone? I have looked on the internet and can not find any information that says you can or can't use it. It seems like a good app. Anyone have any experience using it? I would be willing to try it.

K
K
You can still install the app whether it is rooted or not. The key is that the app is hidden and does not leave evidence of its activity, such as in the status bar. I installed an app called "ATP Deluxe" on my wife's phone. I liked this app because it keeps a third party out of the loop. Many of these spy apps send the data to a central server. ATP Deluxe sends it to any POP compatible email address (gmail, yahoo, hotmail to name a few). The software forwards all call records and SMS messages in and out and location data. It does not however forward picture messages. If there is no internet connection it will save messages to be sent when a connection is available AND a message/call is made. You can easily check the location of your spouse just by sending a text message. The only caution point is that it does not hide its icon, but it is password protected. Hopefully his phone has a launcher that allows you to hide icons -- make sure you do it.

That said, he could still uninstall the app if he finds it. If the phone is rooted, you can move the app to the system area which makes it a bit harder to remove. Apps2Rom is an app that can help you do this if you don't know how.

Me: BH
Married: 2000
Children: 2 (2006, 2009)
WW (3 occurrences, 2004, 2012, 2013, discovered Jan 2013)
Exposure: 3/08/2013

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation