Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64
A
A
I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. To help remedy the situation, H is getting a series of cooking lessons for Christmas. I'm going to attend, too. And yes, before I signed up for them, we did agree using the POJA.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
N
Jacques Pepin's Black Bean Soup With........Bananas

Seriously.

J
J
Fried potatoes with onion and garlic, fried ham and cheese melted on
Top.
Apple juice to drink

Ice cream scoop for dessert

N
N
IMHO, John Pinette does here for Italian food what Abbott and Costello,
in "Who's On First?", did for baseball!

J
J
Ham, hash browns, Brussels sprouts

N
N
Lamb Chops with Summer Squash, Tomatoes and Mushrooms, over brown rice

(Hey, JK, I guess we're the only gourmands who enjoy food!)

J
J
Spaghetti. I use whole wheat noodles. Canned tomato sauce, olive oil and olives for the sauce. Garlic in the sauce.

M
M
Beef stroganoff and brussel sprouts with melted parmesan cheese.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Chicken fried steak, rice with gravy, green beans, sliced peaches and blueberries.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
...parmesan cheese

Really? Authentic [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] parmesan, or some Midwest [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] concoction that is sold in a spray can?

K
K
I thought parmesan was a grainy sort of cheese...concoction in a can indeed.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...parmesan cheese

Really? Authentic [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] parmesan, or some Midwest [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] concoction that is sold in a spray can?

A spray can?? No silly, it was CHEEZ WHIZ parm-e-zan in a jar! MrRollieEyes

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Okay, then.....three days until Christmas Eve (I love doing this just to read the horrified protests of the less adventuresome!) and we will once again be consuming the Dinner of the Seven Fishes (actually: Seafoods)!

As appetizers we will enjoy chilled clam dip(1) and warm crab dip(2).

We will have a pasta course of linguine with anchovies(3).

The salad course will be a cold baccala salad with a olive-pepper tapenade topping.(4)

We will then dine on Octopus with Wine and Tomatoes(5) and Calamari fra Diavolo(6), and, instead of bread, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers(7).

How about it, colleagues - Anyone else observing the Holiday with an ethnic feast?

L
L
Mmmmmm......I'm not sure about all that NG. The only time I would eat anchovies would be in the preparation of homemade Ceasar salad dressing....even then it is in the form of anchovie paste.

I am still trying to figure out some ideas for a new traditions Christmas dinner. I am hoping that others will share what they are serving so I can get some ideas. I have the ham.

C
C
Having great Christmas Dinner surprise with Daughter and Grandchildren....and my 20 year old son cooking the meal for us all..

Roast Pork and who knows what else..Um Home made egg-nog ... the list goes on..

Maybe Greek Salad too..

Can't wait...

M
M
We will then dine on Octopus with Wine and Tomatoes(5) and Calamari fra Diavolo(6)

faint He eats octopus sick and has no fish sticks??? Good grief, how can a person have a 7 fish dinner and leave out the fish sticks?? MrRollieEyes

How about it, colleagues - Anyone else observing the Holiday with an ethnic feast?

Yes, we are of the TEXAN ethnic and we will be having PRIME RIB, [that's BEEF people!] taters and fixin's... laugh

Exposure 101

N
N
Good grief, how can a person have a 7 fish dinner and leave out the fish sticks??

As a matter of fact, fish sticks (What part of the fish is the "stick"?) WILL be served at the NG family Holiday repast. It seems that DGS, age 2, has latched onto those chopped, formed, and processed icthiological horrors as his "favorite food du jour"!! Since DD and family, are driving here from NC, we are making accommodations for DGS's juvenile palate, and making them available.

See, NG isn't as unfeeling as you all believe!

L
L
Italian spaghetti with ham, garlic toast, sliced cucumber and tomato.

http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=30971

K
K
For Christmas dinner we had a pork roast with red potatoes, an onion or two, and carrots. There was so much in there that even with the minimal amount of water it leaked!

Tonight we plan to shove rice in the leftovers. It'll last us tonight, maybe even tomorrow.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
It seems that DGS, age 2, has latched onto those chopped, formed, and processed icthiological horrors as his "favorite food du jour"!! Since DD and family, are driving here from NC, we are making accommodations for DGS's juvenile palate, and making them available.

The 2 year old has redeemed you! grin

Fish sticks are the best! laugh

Exposure 101

Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation