Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Pistou, which is an elegant French vegetable soup, HEAVILY spiced with garlic - to the extent that it is oozing through my finger-pores, erasing the letters on my jrtboawf!

Wheres the beef??? MrRollieEyes That is a sissy supper!!

My dinner was chili dogs, no bread and cream cheese with sugar free chocolate chips! YUM!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Quesadillas with homemade taco meet and ranch style beans. With a dessert of Cherry Jello for DH and raw homemade peanut butter cookie dough for me.

I don't understand DH's love of jello. But, he dearly loves it, so I've been keeping it around lately.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
L
L
Baked chicken in a mushroon sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus, slice oranges and pears.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
V
V
Mel you would approve of tonight's meal.

Texas Beef BBQ marinaded in dark beer and brown sugar served on garlic toast sandwich rolls with fried potatoes and homemade peanut butter cookies.

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
M
M
Originally Posted by HopefulNC
Mel you would approve of tonight's meal.

Texas Beef BBQ marinaded in dark beer and brown sugar served on garlic toast sandwich rolls with fried potatoes and homemade peanut butter cookies.

Oh my, all those carbs!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
I love reading this thread. It gives me so many great ideas for dinners.

Tonight, we had broiled wild Sockeye salmon, steamed brown jasmine rice, and green beans with pine nuts sauteed in olive oil.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
L
L

Last night we had pork pizzaiola, asparagus, and mashed potatoes with butter. Come to think of it, I haven't used maragarine for several years!

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
N
N
broiled wild Sockeye salmon, steamed brown jasmine rice, and green beans with pine nuts sauteed in olive oil

Man, that sounds good! But beware, if the meal does not involve something with hooves, there will be protests!

Which reminds me, if anyone enjoys a quirky read, get The Shameless Carnivore. The author reports on his quest to eat a different meat, or cut thereof, every day for a year. The guinea pig account is hilarious!

W
W
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
broiled wild Sockeye salmon, steamed brown jasmine rice, and green beans with pine nuts sauteed in olive oil

Man, that sounds good! But beware, if the meal does not involve something with hooves, there will be protests!

Hooves? Gross. I am NOT eating hooves for dinner.

Actually, I'm trying to stay away from livestock that could have potentially been fed hormones. I have a thyroid condition and there are some theories bouncing around out there that these hormones that are commonly given to cows, pigs, etc. may be negatively affecting thyroid function in humans. So, I'm trying to eat mostly sustainable seafood, chicken that does not have added hormones, organic milk, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Will it help? Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

J
J
Scrambled eggs and canned chilli (from dollar store)

V
V
Taco Salad with leftover taco meat. DH had to go to NC for the night. frown

Together 5 years
M
M
Ground deer meat in a pasta sauce done with mushroom soup for a poor mans (and healthier too) version of alfredo sauce on flaxseed pasta noodles. tomato pasta sauce gives me killer heart burn .. so my wife either cuts the tomato sauce in 1/2 with mushroom soup .. or leaves out the tomato sauce totally in her pasta dishes. Of course in the mushroom soup sauce .. she puts peppers ... red and green .. onions ... garlic .. plus who knows what else. ITs SOOO YUMMY!

Ok .. its morning here and now im hungry ..

J
J
Brussels sprouts (cooked using Rich Rolls recipe), brown rice (cooked in chicken broth), lentils, sour cream and pumpkin pie for dessert

W
W
Tonight is butternut squash stuffed with brown rice, ground sausage and pine nuts and sauteed kale on the side.

N
N
Butterflied Pork Loin Roulade Stuffed with Apples and Onions

L
L
Baked chicken wings, baked home fries, green beans and sliced pears.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
V
V
Quesadillas, nachos with cheese, and corn.

Tomorrow we're having a pork roast with who knows what.

Together 5 years
W
W
Last night was roasted chicken, sauteed kale, and sweet potato fries.

Tonight was chicken quesadillas (using the leftover chicken from last night) and refried black beans.

V
V
Lunch was orange glazed pork roast with steamed brocolli.

Both were good.

Tonight, grilled cheese and roasted potatoes.

Together 5 years
N
N
Swordfish Proven�ale over noodles, a garden salad, accompanied by a '11 Southern Point Sauvignon Blanc

Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation