Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 82 of 89 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 88 89
P
P
A milder rant than usual ....... Medium rant.

A new BS comes to the forum and posts in a way that suggests a pretty massive level of anxiety and depression. The poster is flooded by MB'er post after post saying the same thing "EXPOSE NOW" "GO NUCLEAR NOW" "TELL YOUR TODDLERS NOW"

........ Meanwhile, the BS is so anxious and depressed they cannot manage their day-to-day activities, much less mount a comprehensive and EFFECTIVE plan of attack on the adultery.

Remember, The Art Of War speaks of preparation before battle.

"To ... not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of virtues."

To advise the extremely wounded and fragile BS to go directly into battle before preparing is not how MB should be taught. IN MY OPINION !!!!

Can't we show the newly wounded ones ways they should prepare and steady themselves first before yelling at him/her to fire off nukes?

Some new ones have the stamina and wherewithal to take immediate action. Some new ones need to be given some time to prepare themselves. They are too weak for battle, and need time to gain strength.

That's my opinion.

P
P
Sometimes, I was called upon to teach a new diabetic how to self-administer insulin injections. It is pretty easy (straight-forward) to teach insulin ..... unless the patient was in shock after just hearing the diagnosis.

If I yelled at the diabetic for being reluctant to do that first injection, I'd increase their shock, not decrease it.

Again ..... MY OPINION.

Adding:

Me: "This is how you store insulin. This is how you fill the syringe. This is how you prepare your skin. This is how you hold the syringe. This is the angle you use. This is how you dispose of the syringe."

What the diabetic in shock hears: "You are going to go blind, lose your foot to amputation, and then die of a heart attack .... Just like your Uncle Sid."

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
[

To advise the extremely wounded and fragile BS to go directly into battle before preparing is not how MB should be taught. IN MY OPINION !!!!

This is the reason I made an exposure thread with tactics, strategy and even templates. I haven't seen anyone suggest that a new BS "rush" into battle without preparing, though. Exposure and affair fighting is a very strategic maneuver. Telling someone to "expose" is to recommend a principle, not a "rush" to action.

Although there is no reason to WAIT to expose. It doesn't take long at all to gather contact information and arrange talking points. That usually doesn't take more than a few hours. Exposure should be done SOONER, not later. Like Harley states, "exposure should be done immediately."

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"I generally recommend exposure. When should it be exposed? I usually recommend that it be exposed immediately."
here

What is important, especially to a very fragile BS, is for her to be given a PLAN. Hopelessness is a result of floundering around without a plan for a long time. Hopelessness causes despair. Executing a PLAN is extremely empowering to most BS's. I have seen many a BS change from a fearful, hopeless mess into confident, fearless warrior once she has exposed. It is a means of taking back some semblance of control over a very traumatic situation. The sooner that happens, the sooner the BS feels better.

And sometimes it takes spraying such a person with a water hose to wake them up. It might be painful to watch such a water spraying, but that is what it takes to wake them up.

Anyway, that is how I roll! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I think they need to be lead by the hand to expose as soon as possible.
Otherwise if some are not pushed to exposure, such as myself, te affair will go on and on.

C
C
What the diabetic in shock hears: "You are going to go blind, lose your foot to amputation, and then die of a heart attack .... Just like your Uncle Sid."

I can relate Pep, having developed type 1 diabetes at he tender young age of 28...Yeah it was like, "So God wants me to die now..."

It took a couple years to take control of my diet and control the disease. With all the other challenges of a new wife who was pregnant..and drank like a fish...well you can guess the stress.

But facing the music is inevitable, so we must be ready to pounce when we get the chance, and not hold back the judgement that will set them free from the chains of their emotions..

I think this site and the posters should be aware that they have the power and influence and most of all, the experience, that so many BSs must be experiencing while in shock...They will come around no doubt, we hope for their sake.

Bottom line, nobody can take care of you like you can, and that is our responsibility, nobody elses.

If we don't have a team player, when are we to realize this?

Maybe after they are gone for good? Then we are left alone to explain to the kids why Mommy is gone? I find that even harder than, "Mommy does drugs, don't give her any money" But that is my opinion.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink" seems to pop up in my mind..but dang it we are gonna keep fresh water in that trough for when they feel like drinking

Yeah Mel well you Texans need to get hosed down quite a bit in all that heat..I would want the hose turned on me every day if I lived there..The summer I lived in phoenix was hot enuf for me.

Yes Pep they are in shock, and the thread you posted is a good tool, if they are able to get it..It goes both ways I am afraid..Those that get it and those with thick skulls.. banghead Some days...

C
C
Originally Posted by armymama
OK. Here's another one. Pastors who don't even use the word evil, let alone tell someone that their behavior is unacceptable and/or evil. Pastors who never look people in the eye and say, "Stop".

AM

Yeah I ran into this when I tried to get our church to back me up with insisting my wife go to AA.

Finally realized they needed her to stay sick..so they would have some purpose in her life.

AA would have saved her..she was a smart woman

MelodyLane #2698256 01/14/13 04:12 PM
P
P
You can wield a rotflmao water hose like nobody's business.

Once a newbie reads your Exposure 101 link/thread, they should be about ready to follow the exposure steps.

It is MY OPINION that an important and often overlooked preparation for exposure is to have spy-devices in place BEFORE exposure.

It is important IN MY OPINION to lock up the finances before exposure.

Thanks for caring enough to reply hug

M
M
You can wield a rotflmao water hose like nobody's business.

Amen! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
A milder rant than usual ....... Medium rant.

A new BS comes to the forum and posts in a way that suggests a pretty massive level of anxiety and depression. The poster is flooded by MB'er post after post saying the same thing "EXPOSE NOW" "GO NUCLEAR NOW" "TELL YOUR TODDLERS NOW"

........ Meanwhile, the BS is so anxious and depressed they cannot manage their day-to-day activities, much less mount a comprehensive and EFFECTIVE plan of attack on the adultery.

Remember, The Art Of War speaks of preparation before battle.

"To ... not prepare is the greatest of crimes; to be prepared beforehand for any contingency is the greatest of virtues."

Can't we show the newly wounded ones ways they should prepare and steady themselves first before yelling at him/her to fire off nukes?

Some new ones have the stamina and wherewithal to take immediate action. Some new ones need to be given some time to prepare themselves. They are too weak for battle, and need time to gain strength.

That's my opinion.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2698557 01/15/13 11:33 AM
P
P
HHH Perfect! Thanks.

I am in favor of effectiveness over speed.
Occasionally, speed trumps effectiveness, but that is not usually the case.

When I was a 19 year old who knew everything, I was so foolish as to get myself into a social/political argument with my Dad. My Dad was amused, I am certain.

Then, Dad told me an illustrative story. Which , by the way, I absolutely hated at the time, but grew to appreciate.

"There were 2 bulls grazing in the field. Suddenly, from the other side of the hill, appeared a beautiful group of a dozen fertile cows. The cows stirred the desires of the 2 bulls looking at them. The young bull said to the elder, "Lets run up that hill and have our way with one of the cows." The elder bull shook his heavy head and responded. "No. Lets walk up the hill and have our way with all of the cows."

At that time, Dad's story made me think he was soooooooo sigh tiresome.

I miss my Dad.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/15/13 11:37 AM.
N
N
On the other hand.....

This senior rooster is patrolling the barnyard when he spies a younger rooster strutting his stuff. The youngster strolls over and says, "Hi, Pops! I'm here to help take care of all these ladies, and....oh, my, I see female Rhode Island Reds!" And off he dashes to service the whole flock.

Later that day, the senior rooster says to him, "Sonny, you should pace yourself a bit. No one can keep up the rate you've set for yourself!" The kid replies, "Nope, Pops, I'm gonna stay at it until...oh, wow, I see female Plymouth Rocks!" and off he goes again, mating with each one of them.

Later that day, the senior rooster sees the youngster laying flat out in the dust, eyes closed, tongue lolling. He approaches the body, mumbling, "Poor stupid kid. He had a great future if he'd just have paced himself!" From the prone rooster he hears, whispered, "Quiet Pops, I see female vultures!"

P
P
LOL

C
C
You forgot to add, all the cows, "one at a time"

You know, walking...taking your time...appreciating the moments...

But you have never been a young bull so...

Your Dad sounds like he was a smart man Pep. No surprize his daughter is wink

M
M
[
I am in favor of effectiveness over speed.
Occasionally, speed trumps effectiveness, but that is not usually the case.

I am in favor of being strategic and think that is a better predictor of effectiveness than speed or slowness. A good strategy should drive the agenda, rather than the speed. Sometimes it is strategic to be fast, other times it is strategic to be slow.

I think most people are lacking in strategic insight and confuse "speed" or "slowness" with effectiveness. In my experience it is not the same thing.

That's how I roll... grin

Exposure 101

H
H
For anyone requiring more analogy to understand Pep's point; I have 3 weeks of vacation to burn in the next 2 months, and I will gladly come to your home and apply pain and pressure to your most sensitive bits while teaching you defensive driving strategies... there will be a test after.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
B
B

That's my opinion.
[/b]

Pretty much agree. It's when months go by and the new ones aren't so new anymore and still don't want to act, I get concerned.

Plan B complaint...when it is also Plan D, it is very different than a solo Plan B. Going into a dark plan B too soon, smells of conflict avoidance by the BS to me. There are some legal aspects that should be ironed out ASAP but going 100% dark from the get go is not a good idea IMO. The legal disadvantage a BS puts themselves in concerns me GREATLY. Unless you're Rockerfeller and can pay an attorney $300/hr to handle every single communication with a stbxWS, I don't think not knowing about certain things or incurring legal expenses up the wahzoo is helpful to the BS.

Last edited by black_raven; 01/15/13 06:39 PM.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I think most people are lacking in strategic insight and confuse "speed" or "slowness" with effectiveness. In my experience it is not the same thing.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

That's how I roll... grin

Oh Cmon Mel, your from Texas..I live in Bawlimer and I don't even use those "Gangsta" sayings..lol.

I agree that they don't have the insight, or the wisdom...hopefully we can say "yet". But Peps talking about the shock value of the incidents that brought them here..

It would be different if they were accually "here", instead of browsing the web looking for answers..if they paid for this advice, if they really valued all of the time put in here by people such as yourself..

But in this world full of cop-outs and looking the other way if things are not what we want to see, it is easy for them to just go to U-tube and watch thier favorite video if things get to tough.

Remember you, and I, came up in a different world, where adults were listened to, and guidance was respected.. Unfortunately it is sold more often than not in this world,,for fame or fortune.

As I read Dr. Hs words of wisdom I realised he was of the same school of thought as I was from the beginning of my marriage, so it was like I found a home.

.Too late for my wife, and my marriage of course too. But I totally get the concept of time and influence on human beings..I was fooled at one time too.

Pushing people who are afraid and in shock may be the right thing to do, and wisdom says.."WHY DO YOU PUT UP WITH THIS?", but we must work with what we have..

Many times its a audience that is timid and afraid, and needs time to see the light.

I wish there was a section of MB for the timid and weak of heart, who don't see the writing on the wall when they are playing around with other peoples emotions,or being played on themselves, but it will take time and experience for them to see the light.

I say we let them ask for help, when they realize that they are lost, and when they are ready to take the bull by the horns. Until then, we keep the water trough full, for when they need a drink.

"Word?"

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
M
"Many times its a audience that is timid and afraid, and needs time to see the light."

And who is the best judge of how much time is needed? I think most people have poor instincts about such things, don't you? And some have an inflated view of their own abilities. The nice thing is we have several different posters so those with poor instincts can be helped by those who don't. I think most people who show up on the infidelity are timid and afraid. But we still help them.

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
You forgot to add, all the cows, "one at a time"

You know, walking...taking your time...appreciating the moments...

But you have never been a young bull so...

Your Dad sounds like he was a smart man Pep. No surprize his daughter is wink

Oh yeah that "bull" story, here is how I heard it guys...

__When the young bull comes running to the big old bull and says.."Hey lets run on down to the field and screw one of those cows!"

The older bull says, "Lets walk down, and screw them all, one at a time"__

But here we have a lot of the roosters like in NGs story, some that show up and wonder where the magic went. How did the other guy get my Mojo?

Yeah...lol Mojo..well

Page 82 of 89 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 423 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation