Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
You wrote, "Part of me thinks I am doing nothing wrong just by talking to him." The other part of you knows that is complete crap. You are a married woman, yet you've been talking to another man and say you are passionately in love with him. You know full well that what you are doing is wrong.

D
D
No answer to my question. I believe this poster came here to find justification for her indescretions bka cake eating. I agree with ML tell your husband, stop talking to this guy and fix your marriage.

E
E
Originally Posted by TranquilDark
No answer to my question. I believe this poster came here to find justification for her indescretions bka cake eating. I agree with ML tell your husband, stop talking to this guy and fix your marriage.

x2!

O
O
Originally Posted by methodman2
But sometimes when I speak with him he says things*(emotional) like I wish it was me & you together right now...etc,

You're kidding me right? In the recesses of your mind, which are being overridden by your emotions, you KNOW you're being played. This dude is trying to get into your panties, MM2. Nothing more.

I don"t think he is a mean spirited person, or he just wants to ruin my marriage because he knows I am happy, I just thinks he regrets that we never really had a fair chance of making things work back then.

The most pertinent point you make in the quote above is "I don't think . . ." You obviously "feel," and substitute that for thinking. Believe me, he isn't putting that much thought into it. When the opportunity presents itself, he's blowing a few kind words up your skirt and waiting for you to reveal the prize.

There is a reason why people come in to our lives, maybe to help them or vice versa, we might never know the true nature until later on in life.(not saying that this is the case here)...but my question is why?.

Ah! Let's muddy the waters, confuse the point, and dodge responsibility behind the false cover of philosophy. He came into your life because you let him. He stays in your life because you let him. There's no deeper meaning here.

The conflicting thoughts in your head are the result of you letting this man meet some of your emotional needs. The conflict is not in thought, it's between thoughts and feelings, the feelings being the result of chemicals released in your brain due to contact, both mental and physical, with this man. Pavlov and his dog. Nothing more. Your thoughts -- the ones telling you to get the hell away from this guy -- are correct.

Stop it, MM2. Stop it now. Confess to your husband and cut your ex out of your life forever. You're playing with fire, and you're gonna burn down everything and everyone around you.

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Then why don't you show your husband your communications with this bum and let him decide if it is hurtful to your marriage or not?

You say you don't want to hurt your husband, then why don't you prove it?

Bingo!

T
T
Originally Posted by TranquilDark

No answer to a simple questions is a lie by ommission.

This must be an affairiage.

She can not be honest with us or her OM1/BH2.

Last edited by TheRoad; 01/16/13 01:23 PM.
G
G
MM2,

He never married but he does have 2 children, saying he could never find anyone that was like me...

Did you really fall for this line? My God do these OM have any sense of originality? He has said this to every woman who fail to ignore his sorry behind.

God Bless
Gamma

J
J
Referring to her ex, she wrote: "He never married." That would seem to indicate that he is an ex-boyfriend rather than an ex-husband. Still, it is strange that she has ignored every question on this topic.

M
OP Offline
M
RE:JC & TheRoad.

sorry I didn't mean to ignore the question. He is in fact a ex-boyfriend(fiance`) & I met him before my current husband but it didn't work out d/t long distance....I guess the relationship never really had closer before I started dating my current husband.

M
OP Offline
M
Well. It's been 2 weeks & I have not attempted to contact my ex, I am confident that I can continue on this path...will keep you updated. Wish me luck. Forgot to mention my husband has asked me for my password for access to my facebook account, should I give it to him??

M
M
Well. It's been 2 weeks & I have not attempted to contact my ex, I am confident that I can continue on this path...will keep you updated. Wish me luck. Forgot to mention my husband has asked me for my password for access to my facebook account, should I give it to him??

You should DELETE Facebook and give him the passwords for everything. He has a right to know EVERYTHING you when he is not looking. But Facebook should be eliminated. That is how you contacted the OM.

Originally Posted by methodman
I have recently started to talk with my ex of 14 years, as we saw each other at my relatives funeral his family & my family are very close.The problem is I am married & have been so for 16 years. I didn't realize how much feelings I still had for him until we saw each other.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I encourage you to read the book His Needs Her Needs by Dr Willard Harley

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 431 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation