Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 89 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 88 89
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And who is the best judge of how much time is needed? I think most people have poor instincts about such things, don't you?

Oh definatly Mel, specially in shock.

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
C
C
Yeah it was probably their inflated attitude that got them in trouble too

M
M
Thank you so very much for lifting us from the error of our ways. lol

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Thank you so very much for lifting us from the error of our ways. lol

Don't mention it.. kiss

Oh that was a shot stickout

Ok

G
G
Pre-coffee mini-rant: When analogies & parables that are supposed to make it easier to understand a point than plain English, instead go over my head.

Maybe we need to import some farm animals here to the suburbs...

GloveOil #2698809 01/16/13 08:31 AM
V
V
Originally Posted by GloveOil

We have our horses in the city limits of a large city in Ohio that is a suburb of Cleveland.

The neighbors are either amazed or not enthused.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
M
Originally Posted by GloveOil
Pre-coffee mini-rant: When analogies & parables that are supposed to make it easier to understand a point than plain English, instead go over my head.

rotflmao don't feel alone...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Lol. well the cow & bull thing went over my head when I was younger too..

It wasn't till I saw how important sex was to me that I saw the humor...yeah me man..sex important..yeah Ug.

But it was the confidence that was my problem, not the sex..sex is a no brainer..has to be..for the propagation of our species.

You wouldn't want an egghead to figure out sex now would ya?

We could make it a law of course, but nah, that wont work, they got pills for that anyways..Or maybe some kind of birth control method..umm they aren't reliable..

Of course common sense will work, but then where is the romance?

See there is always a reason and an excuse..

But God tells us sex is for procreation and life is preciuos..even the best of us cant keep that straight and figure that .."IT WILL BE ALRIGHT, QUIT YUR GRINNIN AND DROP YUR LINEN!"

or something much more romantic and subtle...depends on the mood at the time..

and then we are telling God he has to take care of us cuz its HIS? fault..What a mess huh?

No wonder so many people come here so mixed up and confused..

Thank you Dr H

C
C
So the old bull was talking to a young bull one day...

P
P
A good strategy should drive the agenda, rather than the speed. Sometimes it is strategic to be fast, other times it is strategic to be slow.

I could not agree
more.
Sorry, It took me awhile to type the last word. grin

P
P
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
For anyone requiring more analogy to understand Pep's point; I have 3 weeks of vacation to burn in the next 2 months, and I will gladly come to your home and apply pain and pressure to your most sensitive bits while teaching you defensive driving strategies... there will be a test after.

Oh
My
Goodness
I
Already
Feel
Defensive

P
P
Originally Posted by black_raven
Plan B complaint...when it is also Plan D, it is very different than a solo Plan B. Going into a dark plan B too soon, smells of conflict avoidance by the BS to me. There are some legal aspects that should be ironed out ASAP but going 100% dark from the get go is not a good idea IMO. The legal disadvantage a BS puts themselves in concerns me GREATLY. Unless you're Rockerfeller and can pay an attorney $300/hr to handle every single communication with a stbxWS, I don't think not knowing about certain things or incurring legal expenses up the wahzoo is helpful to the BS.

You make an interesting point. Something I have never considered! hurray
I am now wondering if
I should go to law school.

P
P
And who is the best judge of how much time is needed?

It's not a time unit I am talking about. My thinking is ..... whatever unit of time it takes to get the new BS prepared for battle. Sometimes it's a day or 2. Occasionally longer. The more the BS answers our questions and reads the links we offer, the quicker they become prepared. I am not arguing against speed. I want to make myself clear. I am arguing for preparedness.

Remember, I really care NOT about quickness, but preparedness.
I was ranting that ,sometimes the advice offered stresses quickness of action while the BS is woefully unprepared .... IN MY OPINION.

I can tell my approach to this is very much influenced by my medical background. Getting prepared for surgery is usually a good thing. But, if we are talking about a life-death emergency surgery, the time taken to prepare is often minimal. Get in there and do this now, or the patient dies.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/16/13 11:19 AM.
P
P
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Lol. well the cow & bull thing went over my head when I was younger too..

It wasn't till I saw how important sex was to me that I saw the humor...yeah me man..sex important..yeah Ug.

But it was the confidence that was my problem, not the sex..sex is a no brainer..has to be..for the propagation of our species.

You wouldn't want an egghead to figure out sex now would ya?

We could make it a law of course, but nah, that wont work, they got pills for that anyways..Or maybe some kind of birth control method..umm they aren't reliable..

Of course common sense will work, but then where is the romance?

See there is always a reason and an excuse..

But God tells us sex is for procreation and life is preciuos..even the best of us cant keep that straight and figure that .."IT WILL BE ALRIGHT, QUIT YUR GRINNIN AND DROP YUR LINEN!"

or something much more romantic and subtle...depends on the mood at the time..

and then we are telling God he has to take care of us cuz its HIS? fault..What a mess huh?

No wonder so many people come here so mixed up and confused..

Thank you Dr H

CP

What an insane post.
I loved it. Every word.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/16/13 11:25 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Remember, I really care NOT about quickness, but preparedness.

Agree with this. Being prepared is part of strategy and can make all the difference between success and failure.

Exposure 101

P
P
Thanks!

P
P
Unless........ the BS is a pedantic engineer. The sort who cannot get out of the preparations mode. 9 million "what if" scenarios.

In that case, a small stick of dynamite PR. <~~~ HHH know what this means. It's a route to administer medication when oral is not available.

N
N
...small stick of dynamite PR

I saw this administered.
It not only damaged 'im, it
wrecked 'im !!

P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
wrecked 'im !!

rotflmao

I am very partial towards rear-end humor. It's my way of coming to accept and appreciate my 'changes' this past year.

Last edited by Pepperband; 01/16/13 02:12 PM.
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
For anyone requiring more analogy to understand Pep's point; I have 3 weeks of vacation to burn in the next 2 months, and I will gladly come to your home and apply pain and pressure to your most sensitive bits while teaching you defensive driving strategies... there will be a test after.

Oh
My
Goodness
I
Already
Feel
Defensive

blush

*applying pressure to the pinky toe*

HHH: Be sure to watch for cross-traffic while approaching uncontrolled intersections...

*cough* Student *cough* hears;

(Though, not nearly as relaxed as our friend Peppermint Patty)

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
Page 83 of 89 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation