Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2702394 01/27/13 01:44 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hello all, it has been a while.

I started a thread in SAA about 10 months ago, detailing my WW affairs. I have done quite a bit, did a full exposure, granted late. Came up with a list of EPs. I requested a NC, that never happened. Basically almost all EPs were thrown by the wayside. She has "tried" in her own way to fix our marriage, but just when things seem to be going better, another bomb drops. I.E. There was a guy who had been married to a mutual friend of ours. They had problems, and my WW let him stay in our house for a week. The last day he stayed, I had gone to bed, leaving my WW and him downstairs alone. I can't say for sure anything physical happened, but my WW said he came out of the bathroom naked and tried having sex with her. She says she laughed at him, and pushed him away. I can't prove or disprove this story, but needless to say I hate this guy. Out of the blue, he starts calling again, then shows up at the bar we were at. She spent almost the whole night talking to him.

In one breath, she says she is working hard to gain my trust, then she goes and does stupid stuff like this. On top of the fact, 5 months after she said she wouldn't contact the last OM, I bust her talking to him. This contact happened 4 months ago.

I don't know anymore. I still love her, but I don't feel I can get over what she did to me. It has been almost a year since D-day, the flashbacks are better, but sometimes I look at her in utter disgust from what she did to me. I feel she doesn't deserve me.

I tried to get her to come post on here, tried to get here to read the recovery guide for WW... In one ear and out the other. She has always been an independant person, and I feel that is causing a lot of the problems. She wants to fix the problem ourselves, and not get anyone else involved. I have tried, and I am done.

The only way I can see getting around a D, is she comepletly turns around with her actions. If that doesn't happen, I'm throwing in the towel. I can't say I didn't try my hardest. I have never been an advocate for divorce, but I refuse to go through my life unhappy. I have the right to be happy.

I am giving this until March 7th (D-day anniversary) and if it doesn't change, plan B, and if that doesn't change anything, D.

S
S
Originally Posted by WhataboutmeinVA
There was a guy who had been married to a mutual friend of ours. They had problems, and my WW let him stay in our house for a week. The last day he stayed, I had gone to bed, leaving my WW and him downstairs alone. I can't say for sure anything physical happened, but my WW said he came out of the bathroom naked and tried having sex with her. She says she laughed at him, and pushed him away. I can't prove or disprove this story, but needless to say I hate this guy. Out of the blue, he starts calling again, then shows up at the bar we were at. She spent almost the whole night talking to him.

In one breath, she says she is working hard to gain my trust, then she goes and does stupid stuff like this. On top of the fact, 5 months after she said she wouldn't contact the last OM, I bust her talking to him. This contact happened 4 months ago.
Is this a joke? Your wife let him stay - did you have any say in the matter, do you think? Do you have any say in who stays in your home?

And she has been in contact with "the last" OM?

What signs are you waiting for that would show a complete turnaround by March 7th?

You've been married 3 years and she has had lots of affairs. You have no kids. I doubt that Plan B will have any positive effect on her independent, affair-loving behaviour. This seems like a woman who does not know what being married means, or who values marriage and fidelity. By all means try to rebuild your marriage if that's what you want to do, but your chances of success seem low.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
W
OP Offline
W
At the time the guy stayed, I thought he as a friend down on his luck. All this happened the last night he was there, I had no idea it had happened until I got home that evening, and she told me.

Yes, she texted the last OM (different guy) for about a week until I found out.

I don't know exactly what signs I am looking for... I guess following the EPs I had laid out for her.

And yes, married 3.5 years, and 3 affairs. I was gungho at the beginning to save this marriage, but now I'm not sure if it is worth keeping. And I decided soon after all this went down, that I would make a decision on 3/7, whether I stay or leave.

One bad thing is in Virginia, once an affair is discovered, you can file for divorce on the grounds on adultery. But once you have sex with the spouse post-D-day, adultery cannot be used as grounds. It can be a no-fault divorce though.

If we do get a divorce, I don't want anything except whats mine. The house was bought by her before we met. We have no kids to worry about. So if I decide that I do want a D, I just want out with what I came with, nothing else to remind me...

G
G
She has no remorse.

So I'll stick with what I advised you in August:
Her junk in Hefty Bags in the driveway. Strike 3, she's gone. Side retired. Game over. No more of your life wasted on her.

The only reason to wait until March is if you don't want the open door letting cold air inside...

Although if it's gonna be her house, then I guess I'd just work that stuff out with your lawyer.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
L
L
WhatAboutMe,
How old are you? Do you want children?
Can your WW change? Yes! Is she likely to?
Some folks post here from cynical points of view - mine included. Don't post often, but I have to say my experience was that the affairs continued and even during times when there wasn't one, the relationship was one-sided and rocky.

The biggest lesson I've learned here is that at the end of the day you and you alone know the person you are married to and the dirty details of the situation you find yourself in. You and you alone have to act on the advice given here.

You will get plenty of advice and opinions. What is your gut telling you? Can you live with the knowledge you have and the mulitple affairs in such a short time?

Speaking again from experience the worst thing you can do is nothing. The days, weeks, months and years will fly by.

N
N
I hate to be cynical too...but giving her more and more time will not change her. If she is unwilling to make any changes, unwilling to have any kind of counselling or heed anyone's advice, what gives you hope she will change? I too was gungho to save my marriage. I too gave him time...and it was D-Day after D-Day.

You have no children, nothing tying to someone who has disrespected you over and over and continues to break your trust and text the OM. If you caught her once, what's to say it won't happen again, with your WW making no moves to actually change? If she's spending hours chatting with a man she says "tried to have sex with her and she supposedly pushed him away"...that is a huge red flag.

Go dark. Don't give it time. Do it immediately, lay out what you want, and if she wants to make it work she will move mountains to do so.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
J
J
You are taking too much abuse.

I would draft a loving plan b letter and leave. Time to go dark.

Have you seen sample plan b letters?

J
J
Dr Harley has carefully designed the recovery program
Detailed in the book Surviving an Affair.
He has stated that the plan MUST be followed exactly, without any deviation or recovery will fail.

Since she has refused to write a NC letter, Dr Harley would probably encourage you to plan A for up to 2 years and then divorce IF you wanted to save our marriage.

Your wife has probably never been a buyer in your marriage and is a freeloader.

I encourage you to read the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders by Dr Willard Harley.

S
S
I've heard him say that there is nothing to save with a young marriage with no kids, and that divorce should come sooner rather than later.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
J
J
Well sugar cane there are posters without your children that have used the program and recovered their marriage.
I think of jah whose young wife was having multiple affairs

W
OP Offline
W
I have not seen a plan b letter, that would be awesome to see.

N
N
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I've heard him say that there is nothing to save with a young marriage with no kids, and that divorce should come sooner rather than later.

I think in any marriage you should try to save it, if you can. It's not only marriage with children you should try to save. However, it seems like he's been trying and his wife is not interested in trying to save it.

I'd do a Plan B letter immediately.

Last edited by NewPetals; 01/30/13 10:36 AM.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
S
S
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Well sugar cane there are posters without your children that have used the program and recovered their marriage.
I'm sure there are! I'm sure marriages have been saved in all sorts of circumstances.

I was just relaying Dr H's advice, if that's all right with you.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Dr Harley does recommend moving on when there are affairs in a young marriage with no children. I would strongly advise you to do that. It makes no sense to continue in a marriage with a spouse who is actively pursuing affairs and is not interested in being married. Just thank the good Lord there are not children in the mix.

It usually makes much more sense to part ways and find a new partner, than trying to trying to patch up such damage so early in the marriage. Its not like you have history here or have children to be concerned about.

Your marriage will never recover unless she makes radical changes in her lifestyle and I don't see her agreeing to do that, do you?

You have nothing to lose if you file for divorce and then give her a list of conditions for recovery of the marriage. She either gets on board or she doesn't, but you win either way. If she doesn't get on board you will be divorced; if she does you will have a great marriage.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by WhataboutmeinVA
I have not seen a plan b letter, that would be awesome to see.
Here you go, and there are Plan B letter samples in it also.
How to Plan B Correctly

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I'm sure there are! I'm sure marriages have been saved in all sorts of circumstances.

I was just relaying Dr H's advice, if that's all right with you.

Dr Harley says that it is a personal decision and he does not tell people to divorce or not.
If they want to save their marriage he has a program that will work if both spouses agree to it.
Jah was also advised to divorce but he followed the program and his wife later agreed to follow the program. Last post from him they were using the MB Coaching service and doing well.

If this poster wants to save his marriage his best chance is a lengthy plan A. As melody wrote he can plan A during divorce.

S
S
Dr Harley says that it is a personal decision and he does not tell people to divorce or not.
Of course he does. I've heard him do so often. I've also read it on the private forum.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
I challenge your husband to follow the POJA for just three months. Make every decision jointly with enthusiastic agreement. If at the end of those months he's absolutely miserable, then you should both consider a divorce.
here

Similarly, if your husband has an affair, you have the right to demand that he meets certain conditions for reconciliation or that you will divorce him. Insisting that he follow a program of marital recovery after his affair is a reasonable demand.
here

I know that you both have plenty of reasons to avoid a divorce, three beautiful children for one, but a bad marriage can become so painful that divorce becomes a better option. You're certainly headed in that direction through no fault of your own.
here

The most obvious violation of the POJA has been your husband's conduct with his female employee, and her conduct with him. I see no other option but to let her go (perhaps with a generous severance agreement, and a request for no-contact in the future). It will come down to you or her. Either she remains as an employee and you divorce, or she goes and you remain married.
here

I did a search on "divorce" and Dr Harley on the private forum and about 100 posts came up. These are a small sampling.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
If this poster wants to save his marriage his best chance is a lengthy plan A. As melody wrote he can plan A during divorce.

huh?

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation