Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 64 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 63 64
C
C
Yes thank you Sir

L
L
For tonights menu, sauteed kielbasa sausage with potatoes and onions, sliced bananas and blueberries.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
L
L
Baked porked chops, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, sliced nectarines and blueberries.

N
N
Where the heck do you get all those blueberries in January? It ain't THAT warm in SC!!!

Anyway, here it's stuffed shells florentine, with home-made hot Italian sausages.
Actually, let me re-phrase that: ...hot-Italian, home-made sausages. I made them so this is more accurate! dance2

L
L
Slow cooker pot roast with potatoes and carrots, salad, and NG........more blueberries! laugh

N
N
Slow cooker pot roast with potatoes and carrots, salad, and NG

Tough crowd! I make ONE cat-lady joke, and I get threatened with immersion in a (large) slow cooker!

[Linked Image from cartoonstock.com]

L
L
Reference was to blueberries, 3 days in a row! Not putting NG in a slow cooker, maybe another time when you annoy me. laugh

N
N
Today was our traditional NFL Conference Championship tailgate dinner - smoked country-style pork spare ribs, baked terayaki chicken wings, potato salad, baked beans

N
N
Texas (supposedly) Buffalo Chili with Biscuits

..on the order of a Shepherd's Pie, with the biscuit dough spread like a blanket and cooked atop the chili

L
L
Off to grocery store to get a couple of items for the Bride of NG Pineapple upsidedown cake for tonight. maybe I will pick up some yeast to make some homemade bread.

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Texas (supposedly) Buffalo Chili with Biscuits

..on the order of a Shepherd's Pie, with the biscuit dough spread like a blanket and cooked atop the chili

Good grief!! What are you Yankees doing to our chili??? faint

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Childrens dinner: little smokies in a blanket, green beans, sliced peaches and strawberries, LR: leftover slow cooker beef stroganoff over egg noodles, greenbeans, chocolate.

N
N
Italian beef stew (from Lydia Bastianich's cookbook) and homemade bread

N
N
grumble I must be the only one cooking, or the only one eating!

Chicken-fried cubed steaks and buttermilk gravy, with rice and green beans

V
V
No clue tonight. John has to work late, so probably something simple.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
grumble I must be the only one cooking, or the only one eating!

Chicken-fried cubed steaks and buttermilk gravy, with rice and green beans

Oh my LORD, this must be the Yankee version of chicken fried steak?? faint

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
Last night, I made a whole roasted chicken in the crock pot with the most amazing gravy ever. We were literally standing over the stove, eating spoonfuls of it after we finished dinner. Side dishes were fresh green beans and mashed sweet potatoes.

No clue about tonight, but probably something with the leftover chicken.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
N
N
...the Yankee version of chicken fried steak??

Yeah, more or less. I even tried to instill authentic Southwest elements into the preparations, using fresh spices, and cooking it in a cast-iron frying pan. I could not go all the way, however, since I couldn't acquire any prairie-weeds, or tumble-dogs, to invoke that real "Yee-haw" [Linked Image from planetsmilies.com] environment!

M
M
I shudder to imagine what yankee gravy tastes like!! How do yall make gravy? My yankee sister in law will throw good pan drippings down the drain in favor of a jar of Franco American gravy. faint

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by writer1
Last night, I made a whole roasted chicken in the crock pot with the most amazing gravy ever. We were literally standing over the stove, eating spoonfuls of it after we finished dinner. Side dishes were fresh green beans and mashed sweet potatoes.

No clue about tonight, but probably something with the leftover chicken.

yuuuuuuuuuuum, that sounds delish!!

Exposure 101

Page 45 of 64 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation