Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2703267 01/30/13 12:53 PM
L
lainc Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Before I discuss my problem/confusion, here's a little (sorta long) background..

I got married last year to the love of my life. We love each other dearly but we fight a lot of time over silly stupid things. We are both very strong headed and have a strong opinion about things. He tends to get angry when I don't listen to his opinion and I tend to get angry when he brushes me off like I don't know anything. I have a quick temper and I also get really nasty when I am angry. I will threaten him with divorce and try to hurt his feeling (even thou I immediately regret my choices but words are like water, you can't take them back). I also realize I tend to blame others when things didn't go as I planned and I have been trying very hard to change that.

Now onto my confusion...We are currently living with my parents and I am the one paying for majority of the bills. My parents were very successfully business owner but due to gambling habit (which I am happy to say, it's history now), they have to live on their small pension. My hubby wants to move out which was hard for me and I agree (well he threaten me with no kids if we don't move out). I am turning 34 and I am afraid I don't have much time left for having kids so my priority is always having a family. However after months of searching for a place to rent, now he started getting stress from work (he got bully at work and it's an environment full of bi*ches) to the point he is worry about getting fired. He also managed to rack up the credit card (we paid it off to 0 balance with the wedding money) and have to use the save up for rent money for his credit card (well I told him to do it cuz I don't want to pay interest). Of course it's not completely his fault that the credit card got racked up, we do eat out a lot...Now we are talking about the possibility of just staying with my parents and I feel struck and betrayal, we already forgo honeymoon because we want to move out - so I also kinda feeling rip off.

I want to talk about how I feel but I don't know how cuz he gets mad at me for expressing myself and always turn this into poor me and it's all about me when it's not. I also don't want to start a hugh fight with him because I don't want to hurt our marriage.

lainc #2703428 01/30/13 09:27 PM
B
B
Welcome to MB. First of all there are a few things going on, but how much do you know about the MB concepts?

Have you read the basic concepts?

Start Here First- Welcome Aboard

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation