Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2701385 01/23/13 08:02 PM
L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello bw's! I used to post here a while back and made many friends. Some, like you, were in the depths of despair and believing life would never be happy or normal again.

If you look out for you and your children, and be as honest as possible with yourself and what you want and need, you will survive, thrive and life will be happy again!!!!

I was emailed today that somebody wanted me to come here. If someone had a question, or just needed a cyber hug, I'm here for you.

M
M
Howdy LynnG!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello! I'm going to try to read through and see what's going on these days. Hope everyone is leaning and counting on each other!!

M
M
Originally Posted by LynnG
Hello! I'm going to try to read through and see what's going on these days. Hope everyone is leaning and counting on each other!!

IT has been really great! Dr Harley has written and spoken quite a bit on this subject so newcomers are getting much more structured guidance now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Excellent!! He is very very good.

M
M
LynnG!!! I don't "know" you, but read ALL your posts/threads when I was in the THICK of my own sitch. You are AMAZING!!!!

THANK YOU for all your advice!!!

Hope life is treating you well. smile

Me: BS age 35
POS-eX-the SORRIEST, CRUELEST, LOWLY WAYWARD SCUMBAG out there
Married 14.5 years, together almost 16
DDay: 7-5-09
OC born: 7-23-09
no COM: tried 6 years frown
D filed 5/05/2011
D final 11/10/11
I was gaslighted for 2 years.

"You were not built for a safe story. Take risks and feel what it is like to actually be brave. It's worth it." Carlos Whittaker
L
L
Hi Lynn

it wasn't me, but I have read your posts also. I agree with the other posters - you are awesome and strong. My post originally started here, but moved to SAA thread. Maybe you could read through my thread a bit and give me some thoughts.

C
C
I agree with everyone else...Lynn G. your posts were so inspiring. I wish I could have picked your brain more in the beginning but I am in a much better place now.

Thank you for your insight!

Me BS
DD 14 DS 10 DS 8 DS 2 DS 1
DDay 7/2009 (learned about A and OC same night)
OC/OW-NC
L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Glad I could help. I'm not one to mince words or wrap them up all cozy sweet! There used to be a plethora of ow on here that were, in my opinion, being quite aggressive with women who's lives were shattered. I was quite happy to take them on. If course they hated me. I was, am, and always will stand by my opinions, as stated.

Sadly, the worst moment in your life is when you need to be the toughest, most honest, and open...to yourself. All the legalities absolutely need to be addressed, rather quickly. Those words annoyed many. Your friends and families can cuddle you, hug you and live you as you go through this. I wanted to encourage all the BW to stand up and fight for their marriage, their Children, their wants and needs. Be honest!! It's the only way.

I am touched and happy to have helped. Being a BW with an OC does not nullify your value as a woman, nor dies it require you to sacrifice your hopes and dreams. Any and all decisions within the marriage are none of OW business. Choose whatever works for your family. Period. wink

Best wishes to you all!!!!

C
C
LynnG

Hello!! Thank you - Thank you - Thank YOU!!

I read your ENTIRE thread. Every Word. I have concluded that:

You are AWESOME - You are ELOQUENT - You are INSPIRING!!

You saved me. Your words gave me peace of mind. You gave me direction when I was floundering. You took away MY GUILT for what I was feeling. For that - I THANK YOU!!

Can Not Believe

“Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself.”
Robert Collier
M
M
Originally Posted by LynnG
Glad I could help. I'm not one to mince words or wrap them up all cozy sweet! There used to be a plethora of ow on here that were, in my opinion, being quite aggressive with women who's lives were shattered. I was quite happy to take them on. If course they hated me. I was, am, and always will stand by my opinions, as stated.

We are kindred spirits in this regard. grin My first week of posting on this website, I was called out by an OW in a call out thread. That was after another OW chastised me in another thread for suggesting snooping. This place was crawling with brazen, entitled skanks from gloryb. So I had to hang around and put my Texas boot in a few be-hinds over the years. They don't like to come see me anymore! grin

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. I so agree that your posts have really made a difference on this forum! You were one of the FEW voices of sanity here. And you took alot of crap for it! clap

Exposure 101

F
F
LynneG!!! Our heroine BW!!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
P
P
Originally Posted by faithful follower
LynneG!!! Our heroine BW!!
I agree. weightlifter <~~~ LynneG

L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Aww!! Stay strong, say what you need, be honest and live your lives sweet ladies!!!

N
N
One of my all-time-favorite posters of all time!

Thank you so much for all you gave to MB when it was so desparately needed!!

Lynn,, how's things going in your life?

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
M
M
I went back and read some of Lynn's posts - what a great poster, during a time when it was apparently popular to navel-gaze and commiserate without bothering to actually work on a plan of attack to kill affairs and recover marriages.

Hey Lynn, any time you want to start posting again is a good time! smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
LynnG Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Just dropped in to check on you all!!! Again!!!

Peace and love to each and every one of you. !!!!!!

Be strong ladies!!! Love yourselves and never let another dictate or control YOUR family and your marriages!!!

Love you all!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 434 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation