Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Originally Posted by person90210
I just thought we were doing so well.

As I believe Mel mentioned earlier and, in fact, what some of my MB friends said to me when I said the SAME thing, these affairs have less to do with how "well" you are doing and everything to do with the fact that your WW refuses to close her LB$ to members of the opposite sex.

Why? Because it feels good to have other members of the opposite sex meet your ENs.

Repeat offenders who are clueless about ENs and how affairs start are one thing.
This is not your WW. She has even posted here on MB before and she did this again anyway.

It's safe to assume that she will never completely close that LB$, and you just give her a reason to have an affair and she'll run with it (I am not feeling good about myself, etc). You will never be able to let your guard down with her no matter how well the M seems or how many years you have been in recovery.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Why? Because it feels good to have other members of the opposite sex meet your ENs.

This a dangerous trait that the serial wayward will possess ... it is the worst form of abuse thrust upon the betrayed spouse. This extremely high need for admiration is trying to fill a void that has been created by the level of lies, selfishness, independent behavior, and disrespect by the wayward. You as the betrayed can't fill the level they need because as long as they engage with the "LOVEBUSTERS" you can't compete with them feeling bad about themselves.

They have to unconditionally come to the conclusion their life and the way they live it is unmanagable and then they will want to fundamentally change who they are.

Once she comes to you and states she will do whatever for as long as it takes to recover your marriage, then your ability to fill her admiration need is possible .... but until then you will be competing against a bottomless pit... in the end you end up destroying yourself.

Last edited by WalkinForward; 02/09/13 01:55 PM.
P
OP Offline
P
Wow... I think you're right that the LB won't ever be closed... Even in the middle of this span of good years i did discover some emails to and from an old boyfriend that she was deleting. She chose to hide and deny It instead of protecting me.

B
B
Wow... I think you're right that the LB won't ever be closed... Even in the middle of this span of good years i did discover some emails to and from an old boyfriend that she was deleting. She chose to hide and deny It instead of protecting me.
So what is your plan now?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
At that time (6-7yrs ago?) I started to divorce her and she made radical changes, eliminated any "SSL", shared email accounts, phone records, checked in with each other, etc. We also rebuilt our marriage by meeting ENs and protecting each other. We were doing really well and the family has thrived.

Later the same day you wrote:

This, to me, highlights a big part the problem here which is actually within your control -- because you can't force your WW to change.

Do you see it? Hint: It relates to your first post on this thread...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 250 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation