Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 64 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 63 64
J
J
Hopeful,

I noticed your signature line.
How are you common law married if you live in Ohio and common law marriages were banned in 1991 in Ohio?

V
V
We lived in the Carolinas until December 2012. North Carolina accepted Common Law until May 2012. When Amendment One passed there banning Common Law brought from another state (ours was formed in South Carolina) we began planning our wedding. I've always been on the fence about having a marriage certificate for political reasons that I'm not going to debate here. We had talked about it over the years and for one reason or another never had gotten married.

The move into the frozen north is within the last month. In 58 days we'll be really married with the benefit of clergy and a marriage license. wink Hopefully, my wonderful employer that shipped me to Ohio won't remove my 'husband' from my insurance in that time!

Last edited by HopefulNC; 02/07/13 09:25 AM.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
L
L
Last night was chicken wings, homemade fries, and mixed fruit. Then we camped out on the living room floor, watched movies, ate popcorn then sherbet.......we all ended up falling asleep on the floor. It was awesome.....except for LR being a little sore from the hard floor. grin

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
chicken wings, homemade fries, mixed fruit...popcorn then sherbet...watched movies...ended up falling asleep on the floor.

Does it get any better than that?

In 1986 we got evacuated from our seaside campground in Ocean City, Md, by Hurricane Charlie, and spent the night on the gymnasium floor of Stephan A Decatur HS in Salisbury. My children to this day can remember the excitement of sleeping on the gym floor, amidst hundreds of other displaced vacationers, and waking up to Red Cross cornflakes and milk.

Good for you, kiddo!

V
V
Sweet and Sour chicken over rice here.

My stewed chicken should feed us four times, if I'm careful about portions. Good, cheap fare this week!

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
C
C
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
Last night was chicken wings, homemade fries, and mixed fruit. Then we camped out on the living room floor, watched movies, ate popcorn then sherbet.......we all ended up falling asleep on the floor. It was awesome.....except for LR being a little sore from the hard floor. grin

Makin me hungry for homemade fries LR..We used to have them long ago when the kids were small..

I used to sleep on the hard floor when my back was pulled out, and yeah I would wake up stiff too.

Ok We would all fall asleep there..

L
L
Breakfast for dinner....pancakes, sausage, bacon and eggs.

K
K
Last night's dinner was Cream of Chicken stew over rice.

Two cans of Cream of Chicken soup, (I forget if Al used water, probably did though), and some combo cans of peas and carrots.

Tonight's dinner is the leftovers, Cream of Chicken Rice Goop. (Mixed the rice into the slow cooker with what was left of the stew)

It has a goopy consistency, BUT it is VERY delicious goop. laugh

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
J
J
Bratwurst, sauerkraut and apple sauce.
Vanilla ice cream for dessert

K
K
Forgot to add that there were dumplings, refrigerated dough biscuits cut in half and added in.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

V
V
Karma Rose your dinner sounds like ours. I call it chicken and Lazy Gravy.

Tonight is Chicken Salad, unless I change my mind.

Together 5 years
K
K
Haha, that sounds about right. Only there was so much extra in there that there's no gravy, it's all soaked up.

We're eating on it for a third day, there was so much of it!

W
W
Tonight, it's going to be turkey patty melts on Bavarian rye bread with Swiss cheese, and sweet potato fries on the side.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
M
M
yuuuuuum, love sweet potato fries!

For lunch I had 2 spectacular pork chops, cowboy beans and squash... And sugar free cheese cake for dessert! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Brown in bag pork roast, egg noodles, sauteed squash, and for dessert, homemade peanut butter kiss cookies.

N
N
...homemade peanut butter kiss cookies.

I think RQ should get that recipe!

S
S
Completely out of groceries...so take-out taco pizza (multigrain crust with chicken) with extra fixings on the side (salsa, sour cream and jalapeno peppers).

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Susie, are you snowed in??

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Not anymore, but we did get a lot of snow....my neighbor said 38 inches. Kids were out of school yesterday and on a delay today. Can't wait for spring!! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
J
J
Lentils, white rice and creamed corn.
Pudding for dessert

Page 47 of 64 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation