Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
T
Originally Posted by life2short
Is the letter too needy, too telling, too ___________??????????????

And, too long.

No need to say you still love him. Just get to the point.

That being he wanted the divorce and marry his OW, that there is no way that he can be in your life in any manner as long as he is married to OW.

From this point forward there must be NC between us.

Nexy time when XWH breaks NC tell his wife/OW.

L
OP Offline
L
The Road,
Thanks. I have to set the record straight. She isn't the OW. He met her mid year 2012 on a job. We've been divorced for 5 years, but maintained contact and a relationship; not physical. Tried forever to make it work. Couldn't. They married roughly six months after meeting. I'm having hard time coming to terms with the whole thing and need to do Plan B.

B
B
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the plan B letter. Are you thinking of reconciliation with him? If I were you I'd shred the letter, block his phone number and email and go into plan B for self recovery.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
L
OP Offline
L
The plan B letter was recommended here by other posters. I thought contact had stopped until late last week.

B
B
Ah okay. I didn't recognize that as a plan B letter. Have you looked at the templates? If you are looking at reconciliation then you would need to say what needs to be done in order for contact to begin again. The plan B letter informs your spouse or in this case your ex that you will no longer talk to them while they are pursuing an affair (in your case while he is still married). You would then outline your conditions for resumption of contact/recovery. I'd only spare a couple of lines to describe your feelings for him in the past and at this present time.

I have to learn how to post links!

B
B
Just read a little more of your sitch. OK I see recovery is not the goal. In this case I would just ask him to have regard for his wife and to not contact you any further, and I would cc the wife and forget about it. As the other posters have said, he is now making you the OW in his current marriage.

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by life2short
I want desparately to move on and start dating. Nothing heavy, just casual friendship - dinner, movie, etc. If ever I am lucky enough to remarry I want to take my time and ensure as much as I can that I have found a good mate.

I agree that you seriously need to get yourself into an airtight Plan B. You have been separated almost 10 years, right? I would shut the door and not even send a letter. Just shut the door. You will withdraw in due time and that would be good for your mental health.

Well this was months ago. ML suggested forget the letter which was my initial thought.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I would send him a letter cutting off contact, telling him you are not interested in reconciliation. That way you don't have to tell him anything. I would send a very modified Plan B letter cutting off contact and telling him to contact a designated intermediary. And I would not make it the typical love letter.

Sample:

Adulterous ex-husband,

I am writing this letter to inform you that as of today (date), we will no longer be in direct contact with each other.

This step has become necessary for me to protect myself from all the unwanted romantic overtures you continue to make towards me while living with your current girl-friend (name), your adultery partner.

You do not phone me. You do not email me. You do not message me. You are never again welcome to enter the sanctity of my home. Any violation of these requests will be documented, and necessary steps will be taken to enforce and protect my safety.

All necessary communications regarding any co-parenting issues will be handled by indirect communication via my chosen intermediary (name and contact info). If you send any non business related communication, there will be no response from my intermediary (name).

In the event of an actual child-related emergency (serious illness or injury), contact my (mother? father? sister? choose a close relative) and I will immediately respond.

Good-bye.
Treeclimber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Send a copy to OW.
Send copies to the IM, you family members, and your attorney.

I should really have read your entire thread thoroughly... I know the veterans wouldn't steer you wrong. They are just ignoring you because you have ignored them! Your letter looks nothing like the one above. I think you should reread your thread. Bye.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for your response. I did send the email and do not intend to have further contact.

O
O
The program here at MB is meant to save pain and anguish. It's meant to bring happiness and contentment. Dr. Harley has built the program based on years of experience and tremendous insight into the human condition; what drives people and what brings on various feelings and emotions.

We at this website try to illustrate those concepts to the best of our understanding.

Thing is, MB is oftentimes in direct conflict with what our normal impulses (or even strongly held convictions) may be. That's why the website is valuable, and why Dr. Harley's books and information is valuable. We often have it wrong if left to our own devices (which leads to....pain and anguish).

I give you lots of credit for trying to handle this situation for yourself L2S. I do. And I thank you for updating us and giving folks with more experience a chance to help you. We want to help, just like we were helped; it's a way to give back and keep our knowledge of the material sharp.

I believe you will continue to experience pain and anguish if you follow your own path which has already lead to nothing but...pain and anguish.

If you follow our advice (like the above by Road, which you ignored and sent your own letter...), I believe that you will turn the corner and find yourself in a better emotional situation.

It will not be easy. But it will be worth the effort.

opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
P
P
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Life,
I also did not want to have premarital sex with my ex wife and was basically coerced into it. She just undressed in front of me and threw herself on me.
I should have ran!

Jedi, really? I'm sorry but no one has sex with someone they're not married to unless they want to or if it's rape. You could have walked away. To place the blame on your ex-wife is a cop out. I don't mean to be harsh but when I read this, I just had to shake my head. How in the world does a man have sex against his will? Were you tied up? Even if you were (and that's a whole 'nother ussue) there's a part of you that went along for the ride (so to speak). Why not just say you gave in, it's more honest and credible.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by optimism
I did not respond and do not intend to.
That you took the call, have not blocked his number from the texts (or changed your number), spoke 15 words instead of hanging up, have not notified his wife...all these things make you nothing more than.....

.....The Other Woman.

By definition you are interferring with some innocent woman's life.

You have been around here long enough to know that, L2S. We have been telling you the same things since February (as best as I can figure). You refuse to take our advice which is based on sound MB principles. Now you have officially become the person who has helped destroy so many marriages on this board.

The only thing you really need to understand is that you are entertaining conversations with a married man about the state of his marriage. That's the start of infidelity, but infidelinty none the less. You are an accomplis in this crime, no longer an innocent bystander.

It's sad. frown

opt

Exactly. Not only have you encouraged him by responding at all, you have become the other woman in his new marriage, even if you don't want that role. Do the right thing and tell this poor woman who married your ex what's going on and THEN truly sever all ties. You're both playing with fire. You say he would come after you with a vengeance if you told. How? Physically? If you have to get a protective order, then do it. Do whatever it takes to break the ties. Your heart won't begin to heal until you do. I'm sorry you hurt, but finish this. Aren't you tired of the drama?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
N
N
I haven't read your entire thread, so I admit I don't know the whole story, but I will say this. After my xH left, he also tried to come back and .... basically hit on me. It was sickening. I shut him down immediately, and told him he was with another woman now and I was not going to be the OW in his new relationship. I did not contact his gf, but she was the OW in OUR relationship and I admit, I felt it served her right.

Waywards are cake eaters and want it all. They truly do. If he feels there is a chance, however small, that you are sitting there being manipulated by him into holding on and waiting, he will take it. And I would bet a million dollars, that if he came back to you, he'd be gone again as fast as he could. It's a pattern. Protect yourself.

Me: BW, 27
Him: WH, 29
DD 4
DS 1
Married 07/25/09
A began end of 08/2009 (possibly sooner)
D-Day: 3/31/10
2nd D-Day: 4/9/2010
3rd D-Day: 4/21/10

Plan B (shortlived as it was): 18/05/10
WH decides to work on marriage: 20/05/10
False Recovery, Back to Plan B: 13/08/10

Filed for D Feb 2011, D April 2012

Looking forward to the sunshine and rainbows life should hold for us all!
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation