Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 64 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 63 64
L
L
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...homemade peanut butter kiss cookies.

I think RQ should get that recipe!

At this point I would be happy to give RQ these cookies.....too many are finding there way into my hands......

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
Ash Wednesday - Ziti with Mediterranean Sardine Sauce

J
J
Lentils, rice, homemade bread and corn

L
L
Baked cube steak in golden mushroom soup, to be served over mashed potatoes, asparagus, and sliced strawberries.

J
J
Logan's Run, Can you deliver a plate to me?

L
L
Only if you share the bread recipe. I purchased some whole wheat flour and yeast earlier in the week....my plan was to make some bread tomorrow and entertain the children by teaching them the fine art of kneading bread.

J
J
I used the bread recipe on the flour bag

N
N
Why does the baker work so hard?
Because he kneads the dough!

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]

On a more rational note, I got ambitious today
and made a French Crumble-Topped Apple Pie.

L
L
Grilled cheese on homemade whole wheat honey bread, tomato soup and applesauce.

M
M
Blackened catfish with crawfish etouffee, grilled shrimp, green beans and sweet potato with SCADS of real butter!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Catfish in Oklahoma.....

Two years ago, bride and I were at a three-day conference in Fort Worth, which was scheduled to end around 4:00pm on Saturday. Bride got hold of a map and discovered that Oklahoma, a state to which she had never been(!), was remarkably close (like about 100 miles), googled around, and located "McGehee's Catfish Restaurant and Airport" in Coffeyville, KS, and learned this fine establishment offered an all-you-can-eat meal of fried catfish, french fries, and hushpuppies! sigh I guess it is unnecessary to recount that we finished our sessions, hopped in the rental car, and drove up I36 to a left on (what else?) McGehee Rd, and followed that to a lovely spot overlooking, at some distance, the Red River.

Great catfish, wonderful attentive staff (like the whole McGehee family), and major EN points booked by yours truly....

M
M
Did you mean in Marietta, Oklahoma? That would be about 100 miles from Ft Worth. I can't believe you Yankees didn't go to Billy Bobs and ride the mechanical bull like most Yankees! grin

I am impressed you folks ate catfish! Most Yankees won't eat it, including my damnyankee husband. sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Not sure of the municipality, but googling "McGehee's" will locate it!

[Linked Image from i46.tinypic.com]

If you go, tell them NG says "Hi"!

As for "Billy Bob's", the rest of our party went there Saturday night, while poor NG is driving, driving, catfish-eating, driving, driving.....

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
If you go, tell them NG says "Hi"!

rotflmao And they will stare at me blankly until I tell them the "yankee who visited back in XX!" The reason I asked if it was in Marietta, OK, is because you said Coffyville, Kansas, which is 300 miles from there! Coffeyville is 400 miles from Ft Worth.

As for "Billy Bob's", the rest of our party went there Saturday night, while poor NG is driving, driving, catfish-eating, driving, driving.....

I almost got kicked out of Texas for taking a band of rowdy Yankee co-workers to Billy Bob's who were dressed in shorts and polo shirts! crazy Oh yes, we were quite the spectacle, especially when they decided to join the cowboys in their line dancing. When the dance was over and the cowboys were leaving the floor, I heard one of them comment "did you see those a**sholes out on the dance floor?"

Exposure 101

L
L
Kielbasa sausage, scrambled eggs, toast and sliced apples.

N
N
What??? No berries?

Anyway Bride went to Julia Child again, for Pork Braised on a Bed of Red Cabbage, Red Wine, and Apples, accompanied by herb-roasted red potatoes.

I immediately gained two pounds just inhaling its cooking aroma!

L
L
We had strawberries with lunch. We are currently out of blueberries.

M
M
Originally Posted by Logans_Run

Girl, you have a serious fruit addiction!! Do I need to check your blood sugar?? kiss

Dinner was RIB EYE, green salad with blue cheese, brussel sprouts with bacon and deviled eggs!

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Logans_Run

Girl, you have a serious fruit addiction!! Do I need to check your blood sugar?? kiss

Nope, I had 2 strawberries with lunch and about 1/4 of a sliced apple with dinner......I keep plenty of fresh fruits and veggies around for the children. Many times, fruit is the dessert.

Chocolate is my addiction. grin

V
V
Corn Souffle and Salmon Patties.

My Souffle fell and my salmon was hohum. I liked it, but DH despised the meal.

We also had rice crispy treats, chocolate covered pretzels, fruity rice cripsy treats, and fruit leather. I was in a baking mood.

So, MB cooks, why did my souffle not souffle?!?

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
Page 48 of 64 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Blackhawk, 1 invisible), 441 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation