Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2707163 02/18/13 05:13 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I�m a daily reader but have never been a big poster here at MB, however I thought I would poke my head up today on the off chance that I could be of some encouragement to someone.

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the day that changed my life. 2/18/03 is the type of day I never care to have again, but in hindsight I am thankful for the catalyst it became.

I could never be considered a MB poster child, but I do know that the methods work and give the absolute best chance for recovery from an affair. Looking back, I wish I had been a better study and that MB had been then what it is today�..I could have possibly saved myself a year of WS bullcrap and cake eating..�.but I am thankful for the things I did learn then (and continue to learn now).

If you�re new or lurking, pay attention to what you read here. It can very well make the difference between success and failure.
If you�re an every day poster, take heart that you�re not only helping people that are pleading for it, but others that have been here just as long, or longer than you.

B
B
Originally Posted by high_road
I�m a daily reader but have never been a big poster here at MB, however I thought I would poke my head up today on the off chance that I could be of some encouragement to someone.

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the day that changed my life. 2/18/03 is the type of day I never care to have again, but in hindsight I am thankful for the catalyst it became.

I could never be considered a MB poster child, but I do know that the methods work and give the absolute best chance for recovery from an affair. Looking back, I wish I had been a better study and that MB had been then what it is today�..I could have possibly saved myself a year of WS bullcrap and cake eating..�.but I am thankful for the things I did learn then (and continue to learn now).

If you�re new or lurking, pay attention to what you read here. It can very well make the difference between success and failure.
If you�re an every day poster, take heart that you�re not only helping people that are pleading for it, but others that have been here just as long, or longer than you.
Thanks for the update.

Is there anything you would've done differently that could have helped your recovery?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
I think you could give great insight for others working through recovery, hearing the good and bad for such a long D-day anniversary might help a lot of us not so far along......
Hope all is well and I am glad you used an awful situation for the good.
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Thanks for the update.

Is there anything you would've done differently that could have helped your recovery?

I can see specific things that would have hastened the demise of the A and allowed recovery to start much sooner....exposure being the key. Unfortunately that particular tool was not in the MB box at the time and, like so many other BS (young BH especially) the thought of telling anyone made me weak in the knees.
I dealt with a full year of on and off, back and forth fence sitting that was totally unnecessary and probably would have been nixed had exposure been pushed the way it is today (assuming I could have been convinced of its necessity that is).

Q
Q
Congratulations high_road on your successes and lessons learned. How is your life today?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
A
A
Thank you for posting. It is always good to hear an MB success story.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Congratulations high_road on your successes and lessons learned. How is your life today?

Life is good. We still have plenty of room for improvement in our M for sure, but we recognize that and see the areas that we lack (mostly UA time at core).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation