Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
M
Originally Posted by mommy2baby3
I also do not want to spend the rest of my life babysitting him 24/7 to make sure he doesn't cheat and I don't understand why anyone else would either. What if *I* want to be alone? If I walk away to have alone time and he starts cheating again then it would show he wasn't dedicated, bit this could happen to anyone, even those who have already recovered because ultimately we cannot control other people, eventually you have to decide to trust some again right

First off, Mommy, you say 'he has done everything I asked" and the truth is he has done nothing. NOTHING. Nothing has changed. And if you don't want to spend your life babysitting, you are with the wrong man. If you want to be "alone" then you should make sure he is home and being supervised. This is what you signed on for. He can't EVER be trusted out of your sight.

But, you already know this. Insanity is making the same mistake over and over again but expecting different results. That is what you are doing.

Part of the reason you have a serial cheater on your hands is because you are ignorant of the risks. And as such, you continue to experience affairs. There is no affair proofing here, no nothing.

And yes he can quit that job. He will find a another occupation if he is serious about saving his marriage. But he won't be serious until YOU get serious.

From reading your post, it is clear to me you are going to have to get hit over the head a few more times to GET IT. You don't get it.

Let us know when you get serious about saving your marriage. Otherwise, my posts here are a waste of my valuable time that could be devoted to others who are serious about saving their marriage. You are not serious and I predict will have to experience a few more affairs to get serious.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by mommy2baby3
But thats the thing, he has made a 180 compared to how he was even 30 days ago. Hes different now and agreeing to do all of these things when in the past, with other affairs, he wouldn't.

I would say that you are delusional. I am sorry to be harsh, but you are more foggy than a falling down drunk. Here are just a few quotes from you over recent days:

3-7-13: . he made a step in the right direction a couple days ago when he went to a friends college basketball game. initially id had invited a female co-worker. when he told me, I immediately told him how inappropriate thr was and would ultimately cause more problems. he called her in front of me and was very understanding. Later when I was checking his phone, I saw texts from her asking why he wasn't taking his wife and would only in if I was ok with it. [meaning he was asking her to go and the call in front of you was a sham]

3-7-13: He said he would do the MB method and even mentioned my massive wothdrawls i was making.

3-7-13: I ended up crying hysterically for almost 40 mins because I feel there is zero respect toward me and our marriage, from WH and his family and friends.

3-1-13:He also brougt up that I deleted the pictures of her off his phone. Im like why do you care? He said he just noticed when he was looking at pics of the kids. Im thinking tjat maybe he is going through withdraws from his emotional conmection to her.

3-1-13: Im at my breaking point. We do have a pending divorce in that i just need to have him served.

3-1-13: He said himself tonight that he did nothing wrong and that he doesnt consider any of these women relationships, even the woman i mentioned above who he saw for aboit 4 months.

3-1-13: I need help. Im ready to book a fligjt and leave tomorrow because he shows zero remorse.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I guess his NC letter was a waste of time then as was everything else I asked him to do. Apparently he has not changed according to you guys even though beyond his initial negative responses in the beginning (which i thought was typical according to other posts when WSs are caught...)

Melody he did everything suggested by you except quit his job and change his phone number.

I see progress and yes my posts have a lot of emotion and confusion but I am hurt and instead of helping you critisize and name call because you think our marriage is a bust.

Ill take the advice and just throw in the towel. Maybe someday Ill be able to come back and thank you.

M
OP Offline
M
And yet another post completely blowing off the fact that we sent a NC letter even though that is something you suggested.

B
B
Did you post a copy of the NC letter? I couldn't find it.

Could you please post it?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
The issue is that he has a philosophy that marriage is not a mutual caring relationship.
He has behaved in a very uncaring hurtful manner towards you.
This is not love.

Why do you feel that you need him in your life?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation