Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 64 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 63 64
V
V
Potato Pancakes, Bacon, Eggs, and leftover lemon meringue pie.

The potato pancakes were my dad's recipe, which I had to call him to get and they were almost as good as his. Nobody cooks potatoes like daddy, though. Wonderful dinner, very warm and comforting.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
J
J
Sauerkraut (canned) with bacon and homemade cornbread.

L
L
Cheesy Taco Bake (hamburger, taco seasoning, cheese, pasta, etc), salad, and sliced peaches.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
V
V
Left over BBQ and sweet peas. Meh, I've had better.

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
N
N
Baked lemon tilapia, baby asparagus, and grape tomatoes, served with brown rice.

C
C
Originally Posted by HopefulNC

The potato pancakes were my dad's recipe, which I had to call him to get and they were almost as good as his. Nobody cooks potatoes like daddy, though. Wonderful dinner, very warm and comforting.

Okay, Hope, now you have to share the recipe!

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
T
T
I love this thread. I get ideas from you guys all the time!

I eat low carb, so sometimes I can eat what I make for my family without the carby sides, other times I make myself something else.

Last night the family had pizza, I had turkey meatballs, with a sugar free sauce, cheese, and spinach mixed in, and for desert plain greek yogurt with stevia and pecans.

Tonight maybe beef and broccoli, served with lo mein noodles for family....me without the noodles.

L
L
Marinated pork roast, homemade mac and cheese, green beans and fresh fruit salad.

V
V
Originally Posted by catwhit

Okay, Hope, now you have to share the recipe!

Ha! Recipe is pretty loose description, but grate 3 or 4 potatoes, put an egg with them, enough flour to make it doughy, salt and pepper to taste, and fry them up.

All of the recipes I found on a quick google involved instant potato flakes and that just wasn't working for me.

I think it's been almost 2 months since I've had any high fructose corn syrup and I'm down 12 lbs in that time (total weight loss of 56lbs! Yay me!). We are trying to eat less refined foods, maybe not a healthy diet by my mother's standards, but a less refined, cooked at home diet at least.

Together 5 years
C
C
hope;

Sounds yummy! I' m with you...Potato flakes? Yuck! Not like it is hard to grate potatoes!

T
T
Tonight Swiss Steak, veggies, maybe a green salad for me, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls for the family. Already slow cooking and smells so good!

Great job Hope yay!

C
C
I think it's been almost 2 months since I've had any high fructose corn syrup and I'm down 12 lbs in that time (total weight loss of 56lbs! Yay me!).

Yay, HOPE! You've lost half a person!!

L
L
Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, sliced plums and blackberries.

K
K
Meatballs I made and froze earlier in the week, cooked in a marinara sauce with fresh pasta. Sliced oranges for dessert.

M
M
Carne asada with shrimp on top smothered with MEXICAN CHEESE! A side of guacamole.. delish!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
I'm jealous Mel - the avocados up here are icky.

We had scalloped potatoes, DH had hot wings, and I had cajun grits and bacon. And, some Honey Brown Ale to go with it.

Leftovers for lunch today at work, those potatoes were incredible.

Together 5 years
J
J
Spaghetti

T
T
Logan, I like your idea for the cheesy taco bake, what type of noodles do you use? I was thinking maybe elbow macaroni, I could make up a small batch for me minus the pasta too!

Hope I like your idea for potato cakes too, I have never made them myself, but H used to make them for us if we had leftover mashed potatoes and they were SO GOOD!

Last night we had smoked pork shoulder, we shredded it up and made sandwiches, mine with a lettuce wrap, green beans, and baked potatoes, and mac and cheese for family.

Tonight thinkin beef stroganoff for family and chicken and salad for me.

L
L
Originally Posted by tismeagain
Logan, I like your idea for the cheesy taco bake, what type of noodles do you use? I was thinking maybe elbow macaroni, I could make up a small batch for me minus the pasta too!

I have a couple different mexican casserole dishes I make. This one called for noodles and I used macaroni. I have others that use tortilla chips, corn torillas, or flour tortillas.

T
T
For me tonight - black bean soup over white rice. It's nutritional and considering that someone gave me the can of soup it is going to be inexpensive
I'm pretty much at one meal per day so I try to make it the best possible at this time. I've gotten used to hot dogs -esp. if i can afford a can of chili with it and the rice too. I have a couple of the hot dogs left so that will be for Friday night and maybe watch a tv movie after it. I still have some cans of green beans and saving them for later meals.

I've been reading quite abit lately and don't think that you need to have a meal every day to survive. I'm reminded that there are many who don't even have what I have like rice or oher things and can survice for awhile.

Tom

Page 50 of 64 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 477 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation