Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32
P
P
I so very much welcome you Mopey. I will call you Mopey .... because I remember how far you have come to become "My Journey". Do I agree with every step you've taken? Do you agree with every step I've taken? Are you perfect? Am I? Is anyone?

I WELCOME you Mopey. hug
Keep posting and keep learning.

B
B
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I so very much welcome you Mopey. I will call you Mopey .... because I remember how far you have come to become "My Journey". Do I agree with every step you've taken? Do you agree with every step I've taken? Are you perfect? Am I? Is anyone?

I WELCOME you Mopey. hug
Keep posting and keep learning.
I also welcome you and your journey. smile

I learn from others. So thank you for sharing, even when it's difficult.

To be perfect? Are any of us?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I also welcome you and your journey. smile

2 Timothy 2:24

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient

M
OP Offline
M
Awwww, Pep and BH, you guys made me tear up!

I so very much welcome you Mopey.

Thank you. That means a lot to me. hug

I will call you Mopey .... because I remember how far you have come to become "My Journey"

I'm good with that. wink

And what a journey it's been.

Do I agree with every step you've taken? Do you agree with every step I've taken? Are you perfect? Am I? Is anyone?

Probably not. Probably not. Definitely not. You're close. Probably not. smile

Thanks again you two.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
living_well #2723630 05/02/13 06:01 PM
M
OP Offline
M
You are doing great! He isn't meeting your EN for financial support is he? Take it one day at a time.

Thank you LW. It doesn't hurt to check myself every now and then.

My BF doesn't support me financially. However, he does pay for about 85% of our dates. When we filled out the ENQ, under the EN for FS, I put on there that I had a need for him to know that I couldn't afford to pay for dates. smile In his excitement during us going over the questionnaire, with a smile he blurted out, "That's okay, I make a lot of money!"

He has taken me on more dates, and more trips, in the last 1 1/2 years than I've been on in the last 20 years. And the guy is funny, works out, and is handsome!

Edited to add that he is also educated, loves poja, understands HNHN & LB, and is completely and totally wonderful to me. smile

Yay me! smile

Last edited by MyJourney; 05/02/13 06:15 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
Pepperband #2723631 05/02/13 06:05 PM
M
OP Offline
M
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient

Thank you Pep.

Something we can all use.

Last edited by MyJourney; 05/02/13 06:26 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

MyJourney #2723793 05/03/13 09:30 AM
W
W
Originally Posted by MyJourney
Yay me! smile

I pray that we can all say this one day

Me - BH 49 years old
Her - WW 43 years old
Married 20 years
D Day Jan 7, 2013
3 kids - DS19, DS17, DS12
MyJourney #2723797 05/03/13 09:44 AM
P
P

Did your X-WH ever sober up?
Addicts cannot POJA. That's according to Dr. Harley.

Edit to add:
Which is why we cannot do much to help the BS struggling to cram MB concepts down a drunks throat. We can tell him/her "It's a waste of time." .... And that's about it.

Last edited by Pepperband; 05/03/13 09:46 AM.
Wow777 #2723928 05/03/13 01:02 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I pray that we can all say this one day

I hope so too Wow777!!

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

Pepperband #2723933 05/03/13 01:10 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Did your X-WH ever sober up?
Addicts cannot POJA. That's according to Dr. Harley.

Edit to add:
Which is why we cannot do much to help the BS struggling to cram MB concepts down a drunks throat. We can tell him/her "It's a waste of time." .... And that's about it.

He quit drinking, but he didn't do all the AA steps. He cherry picked those, like he cherry picked the MB plans, and stuff from the Bible.

Over the years, I've had people in the AA program, including his last sponsor, tell me he was a dry drunk. His last sponor quit working with him, because he wasn't serious about true recovery.

No, I don't suppose addicts can poja, and it was all definitely a waste of time.

I'm going away for the weekend, but will catch up Sunday night.

Have a good weekend everyone!

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

Page 32 of 32 1 2 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation