Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
HoldHerHand #2722145 04/26/13 10:24 AM
F
OP Offline
F
I used that exact line actually:

I would love it if we could go to the Y to workout together.

We came up with one day during the week and one day on the weekend.

Still haven't made it there yet...

J
J
How many hours of UA time did you spend together this week?
Are you scheduling 20 hours for next week?
Dr Harley recommends couples schedule the week on Sunday

#2728774 05/20/13 09:31 AM
F
OP Offline
F
So my husband and I have negotiated sex nights as T,TH and S. What should I do if he asks me for sex on a non-sex night??

P
P
Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
So my husband and I have negotiated sex nights as T,TH and S. What should I do if he asks me for sex on a non-sex night??

Ask him if he has anything especially romantic in mind.

M
M
It would be best to stick to one thread so we can have more details about your situation to answer your questions. Adding some info to your signature would also be helpful.

For example, if your husband is currently involved in an affair, I would suggest not having sex with him at all. If he's sent a letter of no contact and is enforcing extraordinary precautions and you are monitoring them, then I would be posting over in Recovery or MB101, and you would want to read this article by Dr. Harley:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8120_sex.html

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by markos
It would be best to stick to one thread so we can have more details about your situation to answer your questions.

Markos - she and her betrayed husband are trying to recover from her adultery.

M
M
Originally Posted by Pepperband
It would be best to stick to one thread so we can have more details about your situation to answer your questions.

Markos - she and her betrayed husband are trying to recover from her adultery.

In that case, I would read that link I posted, and follow Dr. Harley's recommendations to the letter.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband

Ask him if he has anything especially romantic in mind.

What a great reply!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
P
P
We heard Dr. Harley say the other day on the radio that if a husband wanted MORE sex than the scheduled date nights allow, he needed to give her another 3 hour date first.

So, 3 nights of sex = 3 date nights first
4 nights of sex = 4 date nights first
5 nights of sex = 5 date nights first
etc

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
We heard Dr. Harley say the other day on the radio that if a husband wanted MORE sex than the scheduled date nights allow, he needed to give her another 3 hour date first.

etc

Brilliant!

HoldHerHand #2728809 05/20/13 10:48 AM
E
E
FWIW, the Y where I work out has childcare from say 9AM until 7 or 8 PM most weekdays. Basically there are only a few hours each day when there is no child care.

Weekends follow a similar pattern. Check the kiddos in and then work out. Make sure you get them before the childcare closes.

Programs for all ages, including early teens on the weekends.

Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I would love it if we could go to the YMCA.

And here is your exact opening line for a PoJA conversation!

Also; most YMCAs have kids programs on Friday and Saturday nights.

Sounds like an opportunity for some Husband and Wife time to me!

E
E

etc

Brilliant!

Sooo.. could no date = no SF?

M
M
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

etc

Brilliant!

I think that's what Dr. Harley would say.

E
E
Is the corollary also true. If date nights are not leading to SF, then to avoid resentment, can the rejected spouse withhold the date night to avoid the resentment of another sexless date?

Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

etc

Brilliant!

E
E
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? But seriously, fc, is the SF scheduled during your UA time and following an event/date?

Can you give more info?

M
M
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
Is the corollary also true. If date nights are not leading to SF, then to avoid resentment, can the rejected spouse withhold the date night to avoid the resentment of another sexless date?

If we get too hypothetical this probably needs its own thread.

That would depend a lot on the specific circumstances. I've heard Dr. Harley suggest that some men take sex OFF THE TABLE for a month and date their wife like this, and see if her sexual desire comes back after a month. And if there's a sexual aversion, they would definitely need to look at working through Dr. Harley's sexual aversion exercises.

It would probably be best for a man to exhaust all avenues of help before trying an approach like this. His wife is probably more likely to respond to being pursued and won, than anything else, and that includes those dates. Yet he should still be radically honest (not brutally honest) about his emotional needs: "I can't be happy going through life without sex."

If a man is dealing with sexless marriage, the article I posted above, plus this one, are probably his best bets:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8111_quit3.html

E
E
fc, I see you haven't been back yet but I just wanted to suggest a book that I have recently read called "The Sexually Confident Wife". I had heard Dr. Harley refer to it on his radio show and picked it up because SF is difficult for me. This book helped to some extent. I at least don't dismiss SF right away anymore smile

There are a myriad of reasons for lack of desire. Some within our control and some that are not. The author, Shannon Ethridge, helps with the ones that we can control.

~RQ

F
OP Offline
F
Well one month later and nothing has changed. We still have sex T, Th, S and I still resent being told when I have to do it.

We manage 12 to 13 hours of UA time a week, however, we rarely meet all 4 EN during our dates. IC is proving difficult. Topics occasionally turn to hopes and dreams but mostly it's about the kids, who broke what or work.

It's hard to find activities that support IC and affection. RC we agree on but does not lend itself to either IC or A. We always have some sort of SF on the designated days.

I need help with how to fulfill all 4 ENs during UA time. Any ideas?

B
B
Well one month later and nothing has changed. We still have sex T, Th, S and I still resent being told when I have to do it.

We manage 12 to 13 hours of UA time a week, however, we rarely meet all 4 EN during our dates. IC is proving difficult. Topics occasionally turn to hopes and dreams but mostly it's about the kids, who broke what or work.

It's hard to find activities that support IC and affection. RC we agree on but does not lend itself to either IC or A. We always have some sort of SF on the designated days.

I need help with how to fulfill all 4 ENs during UA time. Any ideas?
Have you seen this?
Conversation is Boring

Have you thought about topics before the date to discuss?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
To me it sounds like the crux of your problem (for both of you) is the lack of enjoyable conversation. If you guys can get the conversation going well, and are getting the right amount of it, the rest is probably going to follow. You will fall in love with your husband and (if my wife's experience is any guide) your enthusiasm about his emotional needs will change greatly.

Look at those four friends and four enemies of good conversation. Which friends are missing? Which enemies are present?

I would suggest the two of you need to develop interest in more topics of conversation. Find some interesting things to talk about besides hopes and dreams and the kids. A couple of years ago Prisca and I LOVED talking about the royal wedding in Britain. We were fascinated by the news.

Do the two of you talk during the day at all? If so, what about?

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation