Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 67 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 66 67
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by markos
How many dates a week are you getting?

Two most weeks. I am currently lobbying for one more.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
And are you guys having sex after (or during) the dates?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
What's preventing the one more?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
And are you guys having sex after (or during) the dates?

We have scheduled Tues, Thurs, Sat for SF.

Currently, Sat is the only date night that matches up. So I have suggested we also go out Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last week, we did get our date in on Thursday.

Even though we haven't been getting out on Tues and Thurs, we have been spending at least two hours together beforehand on those days. Of course, after reading around and getting advice I am trying to change that up.

It doesn't seem to matter though. Last Saturday night she told me that "The only problem with sex night is we have to do it."

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
What's preventing the one more?

She doesn't want to spend the money. She is not enthusiastic about it.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
I don't understand why you are scheduling sex on different nights besides the dates! That doesn't sound like Dr. Harley's plan. No wonder it's not working.

F
OP Offline
F
I don't understand why you are scheduling sex on different nights besides the dates! That doesn't sound like Dr. Harley's plan. No wonder it's not working.

So I should refuse sex if she won't agree to the dates?

I'm saying we have sex scheduled for Tues, Thursday, and Saturday. We have dates scheduled for Saturday and I'm trying to get her to agree to Tuesdays and Thursdays as well. Or pick any other two days. Doesn't matter to me?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
What time do the kids go to bed? What do you do in the 2 hrs on Tues and Thurs. I'm thinking you can do formal dinners and/or movie nights at home. Prepare a simple but scrumptuous dinner (Steak and potatoes with asparagus and red wine.. yum!) Set the table with your best china, candlelight, music, dim the lights and voila! In house date! Option 2, movie night... best to do romantic comedies (chick flicks.... haha). Dim the lights, popcorn. SF in front of the TV? Option 3. Game night; twister? Jenga, scrabble, etc... poker.. invent options that involve losing an item of clothing, or doing something silly like a striptease for the losing person.

BE CREATIVE!!!!

On "The doctors" one of the doctors did a minifeature where he and his wife did nude body painting before SF.

Point is brainstorm with fc ways to get in a good date night at home without spending money.

BTW. Great job on digging up those old posts. That 2 yr one is a gem.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
P
P
Originally Posted by FightTheFight

I'm saying we have sex scheduled for Tues, Thursday, and Saturday. We have dates scheduled for Saturday and I'm trying to get her to agree to Tuesdays and Thursdays as well. Or pick any other two days. Doesn't matter to me?

You're missing the point.

You are supposed to schedule the sex on the nights of your dates. She needs to have the 3 hours of dating before sex. Otherwise, it is very likely she will not desire the sex at all.

Dr. Harley says that for each time you would like to have sex, you need to give her a 3 hour date that proceeds it FIRST.

She very likely cannot enjoy sex without these dates first. That is why she feels she "has to do it." And this is why you are feeling worn down.

Having sex scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but only 1 scheduled date on Saturday, will not work.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Prisca

You're missing the point.

You are supposed to schedule the sex on the nights of your dates. She needs to have the 3 hours of dating before sex. Otherwise, it is very likely she will not desire the sex at all.

Dr. Harley says that for each time you would like to have sex, you need to give her a 3 hour date that proceeds it FIRST.

She very likely cannot enjoy sex without these dates first. That is why she feels she "has to do it." And this is why you are feeling worn down.

Having sex scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but only 1 scheduled date on Saturday, will not work.

I'm not missing the point. I get what you are saying.

I just want to make these two points clear though:

1. Her statement about "having to do it" WAS at the end of a 3+ hour date.

2. She is not enthusiastic about going out more than once a week. The specific objection stated by her was "We live in financial hardship already."

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
Essentially, the answer to my question

..is boiled down to "Yes".

With the exception that "refusing" is an optimistic word to use.

Last edited by FightTheFight; 06/08/13 02:26 PM.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
H
H
Essentially, the answer to my question

..is boiled down to "Yes".

With the exception that "refusing" is an optimistic word to use.

She would have to be offering in order for you to refuse.

Here's the thing; you do the work to eliminate your Love Busters and meet her Emotional Needs.

You create the opportunities for UA time.

If she refuses to follow, she is refusing Just Compensation - and nobody would advise you to stay in a loveless and sexless marriage.

However - I'll bet you a wooden nickel there is something else going on here - do you still have monitoring in place?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
P
Essentially, yes. Because of the way you're doing it.

No, you should not refuse sex if she offers.
But she is not offering.
You are scheduling sex on nights with no dates.
Those sex nights should not even be scheduled because there are no dates to precede them.

SCHEDULE the dates, which are then followed by scheduled sex.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

F
OP Offline
F
Well, we went on our date last night and she has rather unenthusiastically agreed to go out next week on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. So that's where I'm at.

I'll do my part to plan these out and make them as fun as possible.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
If she will go on the dates, even if she doesn't believe it will work at first - it will still work.

Be conversational. Read and reread the friends and enemies of good conversation every day. Start tracking yourself on whether you are including/excluding them each time.

F
OP Offline
F
Good idea.

On a positive note, I was informed today I will be getting a raise at work. Not sure on the amount yet, but it should help with the cost complaint.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
E
E
Good idea.

On a positive note, I was informed today I will be getting a raise at work. Not sure on the amount yet, but it should help with the cost complaint.

dance2

F
OP Offline
F
Well, no date night tonight because the babysitter couldn't come. She will for sure be here Thursday and Saturday.

..so what kind of conversation should I have withe my W?

"Since we aren't going on our date tonight I don't think we should have sex" ???

Otherwise, she is going to initiate it. It's scheduled.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
N
N
Give her a bubble-bath instead.
Concentrate on the shampoo.
Paint her toe-nails something garish.
Massage her back while she listens to her favorite music.

Eventually, one of the two of you is going to have to convince the other that "making love" first makes "having sex" precious.

F
OP Offline
F
She was content to go to sleep early. I'm going to concentrate on Thursday and Saturday and do my best to make them good dates.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
Page 25 of 67 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation