Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 33 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 32 33
H
H
Exactly.

zibbles #2734762 06/10/13 01:27 PM
P
P
i always find it interesting when a wayward gets the board's sympathy and support over the betrayed.

I support the MARRIAGE, zibbles. If you go back and read her thread, you will note that I was one of the HARDEST ones on her case.

What does Dr. Harley tell a wife to do in response to her husband's AOs? It's not "self reflection" or "develop compassion."

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2734763 06/10/13 01:29 PM
P
P
Nothing will move without that being repaired.
The way that is repaired is through Just Compensation.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2734768 06/10/13 01:37 PM
Z
Z
***EDIT***

remember that while the affair was fun and intoxicating for you, your BH gets NONE of the pleasure and all of the fallout from the affair.

some of the posters on your threads are AO experts so listen up. it's really tough to get a feeling for what's really happening but i imagine you're looking more disinterested in healing this than you realize.

Last edited by Ariel; 06/10/13 02:15 PM. Reason: Baiting, disrespectful
P
P
Originally Posted by helpfordad
Exactly.

Hey, helpfordad smile Been awhile since you've been around. How would you feel about posting on your thread and telling us how eliminating your AOs is coming along, and if you've signed up for the online program yet?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2734773 06/10/13 01:52 PM
N
N
*************************************EDIT************************************

Last edited by MBsurvivor; 06/10/13 04:48 PM. Reason: TOS off topic, inflammatory
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
The way that is repaired is through Just Compensation.

How can I state this more clearly?

HE DOES NOT VALUE THE "JUST COMPENSATION" BEING
OFFERED BECAUSE HE DOUBTS HER SINCERITY!

First off, could you not shout in response to my wife? As you know, I traumatized her for years through shouting and angry outbursts. So even an internet shout is pretty inappropriate.

Second of all, we know what Dr. Harley would say in this situation, because he said it to Prisca:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2495337#Post2495337

Originally Posted by Prisca
Dr. Harley,

Do I have to listen to complaints when they are full of lovebusters? We are having a conflict over UA time, and Markos is accusing me of not wanting to spend time with him. He had an AO and made threats over it, telling me he deserves better than me and reminding me of how much I tortured him last year, and made accusations that I'm not willing to work the MB program. He made threats along the lines of "I'm not going to live like this," which to me sounded like "straighten up or I'm leaving you."

It is not true that I do not want to spend time with him. I have thrown myself into UA time, and have enjoyed the time we have together.

He is refusing to talk to me unless I listen to these complaints of his. His tone has been very demanding and harsh all morning, and he refuses to listen to how he has lovebusted me. I'm willing to try to work with him to make UA time better for him, but I don't like the way he is treating me. Do I have to listen to his complaints when he is treating me like this?

Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
Prisca:

How is Markos doing with his anger management program? A point we often make is that if angry outbursts are not eliminated from a marriage, no other problems can be solved.

Best wishes,
Willard F. Harley, Jr.

Notice how the good doctor redirected immediately to the real problem. There was NOTHING Prisca could do if my angry outbursts were tolerated. And the same is true, here.

There is no need to get all psychobabbly about his feelings of whether he values just compensation or doubts her sincerity or whatever. He needs to sit down in a room by himself and ask if he really wants his marriage or not. If he does, then he needs to get with the program. Given that he assaulted her last week, he is going to need to learn to keep his temper or she should not live with him. She certainly shouldn't try to prove her sincerity in the face of angry outbursts! That'd be about the same as trying to meet the emotional needs of a falling down drunk. He'd be a black hole she could never please.

If he decides he doesn't want his marriage, we'd certainly support him in that. That is his right. There may have been more damage done here than can be overcome. But that is his decision to make.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
K
K
NG hurray That is spot on.

As to his AO.

***EDIT***

Moderator's note: Please use Marriage Builders principles to advise this poster.

Last edited by Toujours; 06/10/13 02:14 PM. Reason: TOS - Non-Marriage Builders advice

Me: 34 BH
Her: 31 FWW
DD (6)
DS (3)
D-day 2/2/13

M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
You can tell him that you are willing to give him Just Compensation by building a romantic relationship with him that was better than the marriage you had before the affair. But you cannot do that if he is going to abuse you.

All true.

Equally true is the fact that you cannot "tell him" anything if he does not trust your words. Discounting all the "he said/she said" about who in recent days said what, to whom, when, and in what context, what fairly LEAPS off his pages is that he believes he does not have the full story about the past, doubts your commitment in the present, and cannot project trust into your future.

Whether he blows up like the early NG, walks away like the later NG, or endures like the NG-Gandhi that will never be, your lack of trustworthiness in his eyes is PROBLEM NUMBER 1.

Nothing will move without that being repaired.

It will not and should not be repaired because it was TOO much trust that led to the problem in the first place. The solution to that is to NOT TRUST by eliminating the conditions that allowed her to have an affair.

However, even that is a non starter if he won't get his angry outbursts under control. This is all hopeless unless he gets himself under control. Like DR HARLEY has stated, the FIRST thing that has to be resolved are angry outbursts when present. He is not safe otherwise.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

mrs_cen #2734788 06/10/13 02:15 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by mrs_cen
I'm not 100% sure about the direction it's coming from. I believe he still has questions regarding the timeline and hopefully we will be able to address them soon. I agree I need to do my part and "clean up my side". All I know is that I love him and I will do whatever needs to be done for however long it needs to be done to have the marriage we both want.

Mrscen, from what your husband described in his thread this morning, YOU were the one who had an angry outburst when you marched in and demanded to hear his questions right now. Are you kidding me? While he is not entitled to have AOs, neither are you. You are not in any position to demand anything.

Everything we have written to him about AOs applies to you too. If you have not given him a timeline of the full facts, I would get this written out. Let him read it alone and WRITE out any remaining questions. Don't discuss it in person.

Get this done on HIS timetable, not yours. (As LNG as it is done soon)

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Of course he doesn't trust her, NG. Who disputes that? And he shouldn't.
Recovery doesn't require trust on his part.
It requires Just Compensation on her part, which she is well on her way to providing -- NC letter sent, Facebook shutdown, transparency established, EPs written, a willingness to enter into a program of recovery to create a romantic relationship.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Everything we have written to him about AOs applies to you too.

YES.

No tolerance for angry outbursts, if you want to be happy in life, and in marriage.

No tolerance: don't tolerate them from yourself, or from your spouse.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2734802 06/10/13 02:36 PM
S
S
Yes, I am trying to catch up but I am just seeing major lovebustering all over the place on both sides. Wow.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
mrs_cen, there is a very important Marriage Builders rule that needs to be followed:

If your spouse breaks the rules, don't break the rules in response.

For example, if your spouse has an angry outburst, don't have an angry outburst in response.

Or, if your spouse needs to do something, don't resort to love busters about it. For example, we stayed on you hard here about getting that no contact letter written and sent. But hopefully your husband wasn't there having angry outbursts at you about it, and if so, I hope you know now that you should not put up with it.

In the same way, he should not put with angry outbursts from you, either.

You guys have got to stop fighting, or it is going to be the end of your marriage.

Suggestion: if you are having trouble with your husband about something, post here first and get some pointers how to talk about it to make sure that whatever you do is not something that is done in a disrespect, demanding, or angry way!

markos #2734804 06/10/13 02:41 PM
M
M
mrs_cen, I read that you threatened to call the cops on RNR.

Don't threaten. Just call.

BUT

call if he ever touches you again.

If he's not touching you, just leave. Go to the mall. Go shopping (or window shopping). Go take a drive.

Just get out for awhile and let him learn that he has to be respectful if he wants to talk to you.

ALSO, it gives you a chance to keep yourself calm.

M
M
Originally Posted by klovelistener
I get the feeling that alot of the people here have just stopped paying attention to RNR once he threw her out of the house (which there is no excuse for) We need to be helping BOTH Mrs Cen and RNR. And not forget that RNR was victim and is still hurting. Just as he MUST work on his anger, Mrs Cen also needs to work on her anger/impatience and if she finds she does something that makes him angry then stop since it is a love buster.

I want to speak to this. First off, by taking a no tolerance position on angry outbursts, we ARE helping both mrs_cen and RNR. They both had an angry outburst. This has got to stop, or there will not be a marriage to save.

So now not only do we have a marriage with a betrayed spouse victim, we have a marriage where both husband and wife are victims of each other's abuse. There's only one clear standard here: abuse is not to be tolerated in marriage, for any reason. Nobody gets the right to become demanding, disrespectful, or angry.

markos #2734820 06/10/13 03:24 PM
P
P
Why did you threaten to call the cops, mrs.cen?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2734822 06/10/13 03:39 PM
N
N
************************EDIT************************

Last edited by MBsurvivor; 06/10/13 04:37 PM. Reason: TOS non MB advice
Prisca #2734824 06/10/13 03:40 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I had told BS, that he needed to leave the house - we had been arguing again. BS, said no, he was not going to leave the house, I threatened to call them and have him charged - he decided to call them himself - which he did, then tried to "cancel" the call (which you can not do) so they came. They asked if I DID want him arrested and charged, I declined.

FWW, 36

mrs_cen #2734829 06/10/13 03:45 PM
M
mrs_cen Offline OP
OP Offline
M
There seems to be so many thoughts, opinions, speculations even, that I have NO idea what we (RNR and I) need to do next.

Thus far, I've concluded that he needs to get his AO's under control, that I need to get mine (AO) under control, that fighting will get us no where, that actions (on both sides) speak louder than words. I (we) have read the first suggest book SAA, that we need to get the next suggested book "Love Busters" but where do we start? What's next?

FWW, 36

Page 11 of 33 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 526 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation