Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 64 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 63 64
M
M
Rib eyes grilled on the BBQ with fresh yellow squash and homemade cole slaw. Yum!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Spaghetti with homemade sauce, garlic bread, cucumber salad, and for dessert, oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips and walnuts.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
T
T
BLTs (no bread but wrap for me) cucumber salad, and fries for the fam!

Sounds yummy Logan!

T
T
Well yes the spaghetti, but I enjoy the Kraft Tangy spaghetti with some white rice and soy sauce on it. It comes in a package for only about 1.70 and about .50 for the sauce with the rice as an extra. Cheap meal yes but I am going to have this tomorrow on my 71st birthday. First one celebrating alone. Tough week - spent about20 hours this week hefting food at the food pantries, but it sort of gives a good feeling. Notice am more tired now after a week of work but pushing it. Working with weights to try to bulk up and think that is the reason, but am going to push more and more. Lots to do. Anyway if you want a really good spaghetti dinner try this. No garlic bread tho, just the white rice. Maybe add a full helping of broccoli, which I will do.

Tom

N
N
Friend Tom will soon turn seventy-one.
Even now he sees work to be done.
Like a human gantry,
Hoists crates in the pantry,
His service to Man has just begun!

Things havecome full-circle, dude! One of my first posts, in March 2010, was a poetic response to a similar one of yours about St. Patrick!

Happy Birthday, Tom!

M
M
Originally Posted by Tom2010
Well yes the spaghetti, but I enjoy the Kraft Tangy spaghetti with some white rice and soy sauce on it. It comes in a package for only about 1.70 and about .50 for the sauce with the rice as an extra. Cheap meal yes but I am going to have this tomorrow on my 71st birthday. First one celebrating alone. Tough week - spent about20 hours this week hefting food at the food pantries, but it sort of gives a good feeling. Notice am more tired now after a week of work but pushing it. Working with weights to try to bulk up and think that is the reason, but am going to push more and more. Lots to do. Anyway if you want a really good spaghetti dinner try this. No garlic bread tho, just the white rice. Maybe add a full helping of broccoli, which I will do.

Tom
Kraft Tangy Spaghetti??!! I LOVE this kit! Sooo yummy! There was a Kraft spaghetti dinner that was in a red box that had the sauce already made - they have apparently stopped making that product, to my complete dismay frown

I am also on the hunt for Chef Boy Ar Dee boxed lasagna, but I think they discontinued that one, as well. frown

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
I cannot bring myself to buy that Kraft product ever again.....but that is another story.

Tonights meal, pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes, sliced cucmeber and applesauce. Dessert was ice for the children.

B
B
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
I cannot bring myself to buy that Kraft product ever again.....but that is another story.

Tonights meal, pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes, sliced cucmeber and applesauce. Dessert was ice for the children.
Ice?? As in frozen water? Was it at least made into special shapes?? smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Ice cream.......you should know by now I sometimes leave out words.....my fingers do not type as fast as my brain thinks.......maybe that means I am super smart......or maybe just a smart a$$.......but maybe just a slow typist......you know old age and arthritis

grin

M
M
Ice cream.......you should know by now I sometimes leave out words.....
That makes more sense! There I was, wondering what you give them for dessert when they've been acting bad! rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

B
B
Originally Posted by Logans_Run
Ice cream.......you should know by now I sometimes leave out words.....my fingers do not type as fast as my brain thinks.......maybe that means I am super smart......or maybe just a smart a$$.......but maybe just a slow typist......you know old age and arthritis

grin
Haha I hear you, girlfriend. It's because your super smart (that's what I'm telling myself).

I was actually wondering if it was ice cream or that shaved ice that's so popular during the summers. My kids loved this, and would do any chore to get the treat. The easy days. smile

I thought it was pretty funny if it really was ice for dessert. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

V
V
Beef Carnitas tonight and Oreo Delight

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
T
T
Hahaha! It's soooo HOT here, I thought the ice sounded pretty good! smile

B
B
Originally Posted by tismeagain
Hahaha! It's soooo HOT here, I thought the ice sounded pretty good! smile
Haha I know, right?

Where are you?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
T
Az. you?

Last edited by tismeagain; 06/25/13 09:28 PM.
T
T
oh I see it says Utah for you!

B
B
Originally Posted by tismeagain
oh I see it says Utah for you!
Yup.

AZ... yowser. Too hot. No wonder ice would be nice for dessert. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
T
NG,

You need to write a screenplay or open a restaurant where you are! Thank you for your expression because I was feeling a little down on birthday. For me it's the wishful thinking of you've done this but you haven't done that yet! And yea, you can't work in a food pantry unless you heft boxes and cartons. Not a bad deal tho - I've been working out and the lifting is helping with that. When I get to 2 pushups I'll let you know..*s*. Honestly, I was feeling a down because I was expecting more recognition and it's not there, and rightly so That is me, and I am working on that because there are a couple of people upstairs - like Mary and Jesus - who don't want to hear that crap from me~.

The best part of all this NG is the people I've met in the last year.. They are not FB friends or anything like that (don't even have FB). They are face-to-face friends and acquaintances who I have met and worked with during this time. These are not paid jobs, so you do realize why the other persons are there! Think I can count about 25 or so new friends in this regard.

Also, as you and others have most likely noticed, I do like to chide and needle for a purpose. And, I know some will say 'get out of here', but I don't go on social websites like this. So, this site, and my occasional posts are my way of chiming in to attempt to bring true huger to the forefront. As far as the invitation to the deaconate, well this I my time to indicate whether or not I can do he physical service on an ongoing basis.

NG, you take care,

Tom

T
T
Marital Wow good to hear you again! Most likely you thought I was dead! The Chef Boyardee are great package dinners, but am on to other things for several reasons. I really cant do the CBaredee and I don't want to try to recreate w/o her here. Have been focusing on the protein stuff for me (no Not the steroid protein) and power--up exercise Just makes me feel good and fit.

Marial despite the pizza stuff there is nothing more than I want than to hold Car at night close to me. I accept that what we always sdid isn't possible now. - she can't live independently with me or a caretaker cost would not be possible. Plan to visit her in August Marital.

Meantime, consider telling us about your favorite way of preparing salmon - have it at least once a week. Lots of protein.

Take care Marital

Tom

V
V
I was itching for some good cajun food last night, so I made crab cakes, cajun cheese grits, homemade hushpuppies, and cornbread.

It was so good! Not sure what we're doing tonight, probably pot roast.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
Page 56 of 64 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation