Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 64 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 63 64
K
K
I don't even know why you bothered with the protein. 3 cajun-based carbs would have totally done for me. Mmmmm.

V
V
Originally Posted by kerala
I don't even know why you bothered with the protein. 3 cajun-based carbs would have totally done for me. Mmmmm.

I'm trying for low carb, gluten free.

Last night was a failure for sure!

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
T
T
Well it's almost time for me to go shopping again, so gonna go with what I have here tonight.

Thinking of making Hollywood hash for the family, and a lettuce wrap cheese burger for me, and veggies.

V
V
Chicken wings for DH and cheese sticks for both of us.

And, a new beer came home today - St Paul Girl. Meh, it's okay, much better than the Genessee that came home last week!

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
L
L
Wing night here as well, with homecut fries, sliced pineapple and carrots.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
M
M
Meantime, consider telling us about your favorite way of preparing salmon - have it at least once a week. Lots of protein.

Take care Marital

Tom
I'm bad about doing fish, Tom. Do you have a salmon recipe you can suggest?

Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep us posted on how Char is doing.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Tom, please excuse the brevity of this reply as I'm working from my smartphone as I'm on vacation.

You did make a statement that I would take issue with, about Jesus and Mary not wanting to hear your complaints and woes. Dude, I think you understate the humanity that was part of the assumption of human form that He accepted. Disappointment and sorrow can be offered as sacrifices for boons for others, friend.

I certainly have no claim to religious training, but faith tells me that emotions are given us for reasons we might not fully understand. Overly dwelling on them to the exclusion of attending to good work would be wrong, but acknowledging them, processing them, and progressing cannot be.

If not Them, who better to confide in?

N
N
Don't we all just HATE those posters who "Reply" to their own note.....?

Anyway, Grandy, North Carolina would seem to be noted for two things:

1) If they put a bridge/tunnel/ferry from there to the Outer Banks, many visitors to Duck, or Corolla, would save many miles driving SOUTH to the existing causeway, and then back NORTH.

2) It serves as the venue for NG's newest addition to food emporiums with MB connections (see "Sugar Cane" and "Skanky's", already reviewed).

There is a diner there, at which I stopped for a bite.
- Firstly, there was a highlighted admonition on the menu saying the were NO SUBSTITUTIONS ("ARE YOU CRAZY?") to be considered on the meal groupings.
- Then it seemed everything was RIGOROUSLY prepared, step-by-step, after THOUSANDS of folks had been successfully served.
- And to my taste all the offerings seemed a bit....salty, if irrefutably well done.

Colleagues, I give you:

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]

H
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Don't we all just HATE those posters who "Reply" to their own note.....?

Anyway, Grandy, North Carolina would seem to be noted for two things:

1) If they put a bridge/tunnel/ferry from there to the Outer Banks, many visitors to Duck, or Corolla, would save many miles driving SOUTH to the existing causeway, and then back NORTH.

2) It serves as the venue for NG's newest addition to food emporiums with MB connections (see "Sugar Cane" and "Skanky's", already reviewed).

There is a diner there, at which I stopped for a bite.
- Firstly, there was a highlighted admonition on the menu saying the were NO SUBSTITUTIONS ("ARE YOU CRAZY?") to be considered on the meal groupings.
- Then it seemed everything was RIGOROUSLY prepared, step-by-step, after THOUSANDS of folks had been successfully served.
- And to my taste all the offerings seemed a bit....salty, if irrefutably well done.

Colleagues, I give you:

Home-town eats for me.

Best steak tips and eggs around.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Firstly, there was a highlighted admonition on the menu saying the were NO SUBSTITUTIONS ("ARE YOU CRAZY?") to be considered on the meal groupings.

he soo crazy!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
First, dump a large container of barbeque sauce in a slow cooker. Then place frozen chicken and some water. Then put in whatever spices you see fit that taste good with chicken, and what's left of a bottle of A-1.

Voila! Unintentional pulled "chicken" barbeque and enough leftover sauce to fill up a bowl and that plastic BBQ container mentioned before to put on burgers and other such things.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Yankees! sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Is Virginia considered Yankee?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Is Virginia considered Yankee?

Crockpot BBQ chicken in the south?? grin Actually, your recipe sounds delicious! We just bought a new grill this weekend and can't wait to try it out. It is one of those with a gas grill on one side and a charcoal grill on the other side. WE haven't used charcoal in many years.

Exposure 101

V
V
I make crockpot BBQ beef all the time and I am from the one of the BBQ capitals of the world!

Together 5 years
K
K
It always is delicious. Mmmmm. I wonder how long the sauce will keep in the fridge....

T
T
What is everyone having for the 4th?

I am still not sure, I have a nice roast that H could smoke, or just BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs. I will see what H prefers.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!

L
L
Burgers and hotdogs, either potato or pasta salad, watermelon, chips, homemade chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches (should be very messy smile ).......and a mess load of fireworks grin

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
N
N
Shrimp cocktail, london broil, macaroni salad (just finished making), baked beans, ice cream

(Please, not a word to my cardiologist!)

S
S
London broil?

That's something that this Londoner has never heard of! What is it? (Actually, I think I asked you that before, but I can't remember the answer.)

I'll be celebrating with chicken and chorizo kebabs - grilled on a skewer with lots of vegetables and halloumi cheese in between the chunks - green salad and perhaps a couscous salad. Is that American enough for the 4th?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 57 of 64 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation