Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64
N
N
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Just for you, Sugar, I managed to sneakily link
this fine flame-broiled meal to a London icon.

Marinated (spices and oil),
Barbecued ('til the juices just boil),
It is sliced on the slant,
Beef-eaters really can't,
Resist a well-cooked london broil!

M
M
OH MY, that looks delish!! But should you be recommending "LONDON BROIL" on kick the Brits [censored] day???

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
NG, that looks wonderful. I envy you today!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
T
T
NG,

That london broil looks soooo good! YuM....I need to buy one next time I shop! Thamks for the idea and pic!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

N
N
[Linked Image from i40.tinypic.com] tma, here is the entire recipe.
(NG's actual result is pictured to the right.)

Marinade - Mix well
1/4 cup soy or teriaki sauce
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1 Tbs garlic powder
2 tsp ginger paste (or ground ginger powder)

Directions
1 - Put 1.25 in thick shoulder steak in plastic bag. Pour in marinade. Remove as much air as possible, and seal bag.
2 - Marinate in refrigerator for up to 24 hours
3 - Place steak on medium grill for three minutes. Rotate about 60 degrees. Cook for three more minutes. Flip steak, grill, rotate, grill as before.
4 - Remove to platter, let rest for five minutes. Slice. Eat. Accept plaudits.

J
J
I baked a filet of salmon, fried a can of green beans and baked Brussels sprouts

T
T
Thanks so much NG for complete recipe! I am DEF. going to try this! Your actual result looked fantastic!!!! Can't wait to try it....next weekend I think...I will let you know how mine turns out laugh

N
N
tma, did you try the London broil recipe?

Anyway, with the heat baking us Empire Staters, Bride and I transferred our usual lite Caribbean supper to the MHV!

1 long loaf crusty baguette
some whole-wheat flatbread crackers
2 peaches, 2 plums, pitted and cut into wedges
fresh Bing cherries
red grapes
1 small camembert
i chunk gorgonzola
i chunk smoked gouda
adequate supply of Montepulciano Abruzzo

T
T
Not yet NG, but I am still planning to do, I am kinda cheap though, and was hoping to be able to get the London Broil on sale....I have been watching the adds. laugh

N
N
Chicken roasted, covered with "Herbs de Provence"; potatoes roasted with salt, pepper and oil; fresh sliced carrots boiled and glazed with agave syrup

C
C
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Chicken roasted, covered with "Herbs de Provence"; potatoes roasted with salt, pepper and oil; fresh sliced carrots boiled and glazed with agave syrup

NG: Do you prefer agave syrup?

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
N
N
I prefer whatever Bride makes!

H
H
Breakfast;

4 hard boiled eggs, 2 cheese sticks.

Lunch;

Cucumbers, Celery w/ jalepeno cream cheese, roast beef and lettuce wrapped in low carb tortillas.

Dinner;

Dunno yet.

Snack;

Low carb snack bar.

One month in - still 245lbs, but inches are shrinking off. Beginning to think I'm destined to be 250lbs fat or fit.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
N
Breakfast: 4 hard boiled eggs

Is this a typical breakfast? If so, I assume you are assiduously checking your cholesterol.

W
W

Is this a typical breakfast? If so, I assume you are assiduously checking your cholesterol.

I think I read somewhere that the recommended limit for eggs is 4 per week.

Here is what a typical day looks like for me:

Breakfast: Steel-cut oatmeal with almond milk, natural granola, and fruit or a whole-grain waffle with almond butter and fruit.

Lunch: cheese, nuts, and fruit or pita chips, veggies, hummus and fruit.

Dinner: Varies, but we eat a lot of veggies, salads, soup, brown rice/quinoa, fish, and chicken. Sometimes we mix it up and make pasta or enchiladas (I love chicken enchiladas with green sauce or black bean and sweet potato enchiladas).

Snacks: Don't eat many, but I will usually have a small amount of dark chocolate after lunch and in the summer, I enjoy a milkshake in the evenings.

Mix that up with walking at least 4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes, hiking whenever I can, and climbing the occasional mountain.

5'5" and 137 pounds. Healthy BMI. Below normal BP, good cholesterol levels, no health problems other than a slightly under-active thyroid for which I take 65 mg. of Nature-throid once a day as well as a Vitamin D supplement.

Lately, we've been considering switching to a vegan/vegetarian diet. Just ordered the documentary "Forks over Knives" but it hasn't arrived yet. We already eat a lot of meals that would qualify as vegan/vegetarian. Trying to increase our health and decrease our carbon footprint as much as possible.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
H
H

Not particularly;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

M
M
Eggs are about the most nutritious food you can eat. I have eaten 3-4 a day for 15 years and I have the highest HDL my doctor has ever seen in his career. (103) They are an excellent source of nutrition!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Here are my meals for today:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs and 2 fat slices of bacon

Late lunch: blackened tilapia and grilled shrimp with sugar free coleslaw and green beans.

Snack will be sugar free ice cream, 2 devilled eggs and pickled okra. yum! smile

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Breakfast;

4 hard boiled eggs, 2 cheese sticks.

Lunch;

Cucumbers, Celery w/ jalepeno cream cheese, roast beef and lettuce wrapped in low carb tortillas.

Dinner;

Dunno yet.

Snack;

Low carb snack bar.

One month in - still 245lbs, but inches are shrinking off. Beginning to think I'm destined to be 250lbs fat or fit.

You are speaking my language!! That sounds like my kind of day. If I am on the run, I have 2 cheese sticks in the car and it keeps me full all morning. What kind of low carb snack bar do you eat?

Another thing I like for breakfast sometimes is home-made sugar free cheesecake. It is a nice, healthy, filling breakfast. One cheesecake gives me 8 slices and that is enough for breakfast for a week and one afternoon snack.

Exposure 101

H
H
I'm working on the other risk factors for high LDL; excess weight carried in the belly/trunk, low activity lifestyle, low fiber intake.

Dietary cholesterol only contributes for about 15% of your total serum cholesterol, the other 85% is endogenous.

Increasing activity and losing weight should also benefit by lowering my blood pressure - all 3 of which are attributed to increased risk for artherosclerosis and/or heart disease (also, alcohol consumption, which is what probably lead to all the circulatory congestion that killed my mother's husband - my consumption is... rather minimal).

Nothing like a 4 egg omlette with sausage, cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Or a taco omlette.

My energy levels skyrocketed the first week, and I've been sleeping a lot less, even with back-to-back doubles and/or random on call shifts.

Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation