Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
Without getting the truth you will never rest.

This is correct. Radical honesty is the ONLY way to restore a marriage after infidelity.

Marriage can not be based in lies and half-truths.

There are dozens of "cheap, imitation" ways to do it, and many of those ways are espoused on other websites and by other therapists. That's why Dr. Harley and his methods are, in my opinion, the best ones to be found.

Problem is you will be doubting that you even got the whole truth as I do.

The polygraph is good for this reason. You get to ask the questions, you get not only an answer, but the veracity of the answer.

B
B
Originally Posted by braveeagle
Wonderful news, DNA results came back, I am the father!!! So happy!!!!!!!
Is she going to take the poly?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
T
Originally Posted by braveeagle
Wonderful news, DNA results came back, I am the father!!! So happy!!!!!!!

That is good news indeed.

H
H
You need to listen to all the posters on here. I didn't because I thought I knew best and my WH was telling me the truth. Well guess what your wife like my husband are liars! Please get the poly done now and save yourself the grief that I am going through.

It will be 5 years since my first D-Day and sadly it was not my last. I've had so many I have lost count. He has NEVER told me the truth until I found out the truth on my own and confronted him. Then he confessed.

Just get the poly now.

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
S
S
BE,

Glad to hear the results of the paternity test. That puts one question of yours to rest, but it doesn't accomplish more than scratching the surface of the overall infidelity issues with your WW. True healing and recovery requires what I term "the three Rs"-- ***EDIT*** repentance, and responsibility. Truth and full disclosure obviously are the foundations of those. None of those three Rs are sincere or meaningful if any secrecy or dishonesty remains. This applies to all WSs, but I'll apply it to your situation specifically:

There's really only two kinds of WWs--those who engage in the above and those who do not. There's hope for the former but nothing productive will come from the latter.

Don't try to muddle through in a marriage with a woman who refuses to truthfully engage in honest, open 3-Rs. If you tolerate this or sweep it under the rug, You will never heal, she won't either (even if the affair is truly "over" which I am always supicious of in a person who refuses to come clean), and your marriage will descend into a death spiral.

To answer your original question, the FULL TRUTH not only "helps" healing, it is an absolute requirement to foster healing. Don't settle for less.

Last edited by Toujours; 07/20/13 09:18 PM. Reason: TOS: Please advise using MB principles
H
H
Congratulations on the news of the paternity test

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation