Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
Originally Posted by TheSewer
I'm not sure i understand about brainstorming solutions. Aren't EPs nonnegotiable? Anyway, for what it's worth, the original EP was to let me see his emails when he looked at them. This went to Hell in a hand basket. He would go into the kitchen and, with his back to me, look at his emails. After several days of this, and my requesting that he not look at his emails without me, and his disregarding my requests, I took it upon myself to change his PW. Now, he CAN'T check w/o my being right there with him. So, he behaved himself into the present circumstances that he hates. Oh WELL!!
TheSewer's Husband: Why don't you start your own thread, so we can discuss things with you separately from TS's thread? I know I am getting confused over who is saying what, when everything comes up under TS's name.

If you've already done so, please disregard this message smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
OP Offline
T
Yes. I just sent it. Thank you!

T
OP Offline
T
My H sent only the one post in which he ID'd himself. He started a thread some time ago after my repeated requests. He felt bombarded with negativity, so would not respond. I doubt he will in the future.

M
M
My H sent only the one post in which he ID'd himself. He started a thread some time ago after my repeated requests. He felt bombarded with negativity, so would not respond. I doubt he will in the future.
Oh, I missed that. Thanks for letting me know.

Just a comment, though - if he wants to make a post, he needs to do it on his own thread. Not yours.

If you want to tell me his posting name, I'll be happy to tell him that smile

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
OP Offline
T
Yes. I will tell him not to post on my thread, anymore. I can see how it would be confusing. I did not know he was doing it until I saw him doing it. And was not allowed to read it til it was posted. (I didn't try that hard to ask him. It really did not bother me.) But, it won't happen again if I have anything to say about it.

B
B
I am the husband. I admit that I had an emotional affair with my ex. She wanted
To get back together and said she was going to re-marry otherwise. I did not care- in fact
It seemed a good idea. My critical mistake was to continue to talk with her about her problems behind my wife's back. Had I just stopped talking with my ex, most of our current problems could have been avoided and been better for my ex as well. At the time I rationalized that we never lived closer than 800 miles. The second "emotional affair" was with a female co-worker I worked with on and off for about 8 years. At times we did discuss our personal relationships but mostly it was about catching up with each other on what others we knew were doing. A few times we ate lunch together in the company cafeteria, but others were eating with us. That relationship ended 10 years ago. I will admit that those in the forum who call me an [censored] and a jerk are right. I am trying to live up to me wife's EPs, but I believe they are excessive considering how long ago these things happened. I do resent having to ask my wife to use my phone and check e-mail. My solution was to try giving me a phone that has no other function. That way I can use the phone without asking permission and she can check on-line to see all calls to and from the phone. That is unacceptable. One iis not supposed to negotiate EPs once established.
So what are you going to do to make your BW feel safe been married to you?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Hi, TS,

When I read your husband's thread on this post, I thought "Oh! I know the perfect radio show from Dr. Harley to address this."

Then I tracked down your husband's thread, and I saw that I've already posted it to him!

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2731451#Post2731451

Let me ask - did he ever bother to listen to the radio show I posted?

It does not bode well for recovery when a husband is not willing to invest much effort in learning and following the program.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation