Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Hey all,
My friends Miss Priss, Tenderheart have all been on my mind recently and I realize I just dropped from the face of the earth, so here is my update.

WH and I were not able to fix our marriage. In Feburary of 2003 daughter and I moved to Arizona. Divorce was final March of 2003. WH and OW were married April 2004. They still are. WH cheated on her as well and I get a call from her when I was living in Las Vegas (was there from 2003 to 2009) asking me how he could do this to their marriage and to their love, that I just didn't understand how bad it hurt...(for those of you who know the OW you know that she has been bold and ballsy in her interactions with me) I just laughed and said she had called the wrong number. Maybe not the high road but I found it hilarious. Daughter went to live there while I went to school and when I was done she had established herself very well in school and chose to stay, the hardest thing to do is let your children go for what is best for them...those of you that don't know, the Las Vegas school system is the worst. It was a good choice for her as Ivy League colleges are competing for her to go there. Her father and the OW and I have tried to be friendly for daughters sake but it has never worked. It is hard to be friends with people that hurt you so deeply with no remorse or no respect for your relationship with your child. OW claims Daughter as her own...though she has three of her own not doing nearly as well as my girl. As for me, I had a wonderful career as a LMT/Personal Trainer and relationship until I broke my neck/back with TBI in a car accident, losing that income and the stress of the accident took it's toll on the relationship that would still be going had it not happened, losing my income (I am now on disability) cost us our beautiful home and forced bankruptcy...thankfully I can still walk and talk and am alive. I moved back to WA to find doctors that could help (as with the school system in LV the doctors are not all that hot) unfortunately it has been too long and I will be dealing with the ramifications for the rest of my life. All in all, my life was good after the divorce and daughter is doing so great! I am so proud of her. She is loving, sweet (a little codependent but her and I are working on that shared problem) and respectful...and as you can tell from the colleges fighting for her to go there...smart as the dickens. I am still waiting for the next good thing in my life. As for my relationship with the Lord, it has faltered greatly, I am working on that slowly. Divorce is hard...and one of the most painful things in this life, but there is life after. Hugs to all. F-n-H

42/Female/Washington State Divorced10 years/D 17yrs./D-day H's 8/15/01/ found MB 10/01
B
B
Welcome back to MB.

Why did you not choose to do Plan B? Parallel Parenting?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Dr Harley would probably encourage you to have no direct contact with your ex husband.

As for your relationship with the Lord, Jesus said Come all who are thirsty.
He can give you the water of life. He promises to never leave or forsake us.

F
OP Offline
F
I am not sure if you saw all my posts from my time on MB but I did it all, and he was just not willing on any level. It is o.k. I am in a better place in life. There is life after divorce and my D is the proof that kids can survive and thrive as well. I am not saying there is not some emotional damage, but her and I talk of it when things come up. I am o.k., she is better than o.k. Even though my marriage was not saved I am thankful for what I learned from the wonderful people here and the close friends I made when I was here as well.

42/Female/Washington State Divorced10 years/D 17yrs./D-day H's 8/15/01/ found MB 10/01
F
OP Offline
F
We haven't been in direct contact except for when absolutely necessary, D's special events and her graduation is coming fast. We don't even email or talk it has to come from D or I wouldn't know anything lol. She lives with them and has for quite awhile due to unfortunate circumstances.

As for the Lord, I know that as well, I am thirsty and I have been talking with Him quite bluntly and getting my heart back in order. His little tug has become more of a loving yank...hehe. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation