Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
H
TO,

Let's GET GOING with the critical exposure targets.

Your thisclose to corrective action, but your window for effective action is beginning to close...

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by T0186
I don't want to expose her to work.

More advice that has been ignored....
You know, I don't believe that this man left her workplace. I think this was something you told us to make us stop insisting on that crucial part of exposure.

How do you know he left the workplace? Until yesterday, you did not even know that your wife had been living with him for two months. And you still haven't answered the mystery of the man who supposedly moved out of state. Who was that man, how do you know he moved out of state and how does he fit into this whole picture?

You are telling us some things you think we want to hear, such as that you put spyware on her phone and exposed to her parents, neither of which you actually did, and now this. I don' t think he left her job at all; you just don't want to expose to their bosses, because you don't want to tick off your wife.

You are handing your wife over to OM wrapped up in a romantic red bow. You have been paying for them to live together and you intend to continue financing her affair, just as long as you do not annoy her into leaving you.

Except - she has already left you.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
Hotel makes for a romantic getaway with OM.

We understand how that you are confused, but the only chance you have to see your son grow up in an intact family, is to kill this affair first.

How your wife reacts to that is inconsequential. She will naturally be livid that you dare interfere with her newly found fantasy love. sick
That said, if you succeed in sinking her little love boat, she will eventually turn to the best thing in sight, which is you.

Exposure should be done as fast as possible, before she has time to spin her story.
Now stop looking at your wife for advice on how to save your family. Just swallow the bitter pill and get going.

me, DH
all the children
T
T0186 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So after meeting with the counselor today she informed me that WW came in and did tell her everything that happened. I comfirm by telling her everything I know about the affair too. She is making a move in the right directions, it is unclear as to what her choice is right now. She is looking at apartments with her parents today to move into her own apartment. I have also looked at moving into my own place because the memories of home is just too much. We have a session again next week. Either way it goes I have prepared myself for the worst case, I have learned how to live alone and be okay with it. Thank you guys for your support, even when sometimes the support feels like I am being yelled at.

T0186 #2769164 12/03/13 05:43 PM
M
M
It is because you waste valuable board members time. We have people here who are serious about saving their marriages and you take time away from them. This board is not a blogging forum. I see you have ignored everything we said once again.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T0186 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I don't want to expose her to work.

More advice that has been ignored....
You know, I don't believe that this man left her workplace. I think this was something you told us to make us stop insisting on that crucial part of exposure.

How do you know he left the workplace? Until yesterday, you did not even know that your wife had been living with him for two months. And you still haven't answered the mystery of the man who supposedly moved out of state. Who was that man, how do you know he moved out of state and how does he fit into this whole picture?

You are telling us some things you think we want to hear, such as that you put spyware on her phone and exposed to her parents, neither of which you actually did, and now this. I don' t think he left her job at all; you just don't want to expose to their bosses, because you don't want to tick off your wife.

You are handing your wife over to OM wrapped up in a romantic red bow. You have been paying for them to live together and you intend to continue financing her affair, just as long as you do not annoy her into leaving you.

Except - she has already left you.

The reason for not exposing at work is that the OM is not working there. The EA was with another person who did indeed leave the states. She met the current OM because he was related to the EA OM. She started asking the current OM about the EA OM and thats how they met. The current OM is not working there. Yesterday I did expose her to her parents via facebook message. Thats why both of them are here today to be with her and talk to her about A. Sorry guys I dont have a computer so it is hard for me to quote and reply to the responses I am using my iphone.
I am not telling you guys things just because I think you guys want to hear it. I never got the spyware on the phone, I found out because I was already suspecting it and she kept telling me stoires of him being married with two kids so through people I know I found out that he was not married and does not have two kids. I found out the information on the phone because we were in the car and she fell asleep and I broke into her phone, by resetting the protector screen.
I do not intent to finance her affair, all accounts have been split and we both own separate accounts now. I did give her the money yesterday to ensure she has a place to stay with my son, that is the only reason why.
Melody: I am not using this as a blog I am honestly seeking advice from everyone here.

T0186 #2769180 12/03/13 08:11 PM
H
H
You're seeking advice. The problem is you're getting it but NOT FOLLOWING IT!

T0186 #2769183 12/03/13 08:20 PM
J
J
Today, you posted this:

The EA was with another person who did indeed leave the states. She met the current OM because he was related to the EA OM. She started asking the current OM about the EA OM and thats how they met.

Three days ago, you posted this:

I have a friend who knows the OM and they confirm that they have been seeing each other. That she had moved in with him. This was the same person she had the emotional affair with.

Which is true?

T
T0186 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Omg I posted it and then found out the truth on Sunday. Because they met at work. I assumed it was the first one but she told me it was not and then she informed me about how they met.

T0186 #2769185 12/03/13 08:58 PM
S
S
Here is what you said two or three days ago:

Now everything is clicking into place and it might be too late with everything because she is turning everything on me. Starting from the beginning she met the OM at work where she is the manager, this was the EA, according to her. She came home and told me after getting in trouble with the law, that was her story but yesterday I found out OM left her work because people were starting to see their relationship at work. She told me that she stopped but they continued seeing each other hence her coming home late all the time and lack of desire to be sexual with me. I felt the shift in her but I never thought twice about it. It looks like the A started back in May.
"This was the EA, according to her". You stated above that the OM you found out she is now living with is the OM in the EA "according to her".

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
H
H
So, TO...it IS/WAS a workplace affair?

T0186 #2769229 12/04/13 07:13 AM
J
J
Omg I posted it and then found out the truth on Sunday. Because they met at work. I assumed it was the first one but she told me it was not and then she informed me about how they met.

You've told us so many different stories that you've lost track. Obviously, there is only one OM and she met him at work. (There aren't 2 different OM; you just told us that because you didn't want to do workplace exposure.)

H
H
You don't give her money to drag your innocent child from place to place. Your child has a home. Which is your house. It is not good for a child to be moved from place to place and to be confronted with ever different boyfriends.

Have you asked gor legal advice on how zo protect your child.

me, DH
all the children
T0186 #2769305 12/04/13 03:47 PM
J
J
I do not intent to finance her affair, all accounts have been split and we both own separate accounts now. I did give her the money yesterday to ensure she has a place to stay with my son, that is the only reason why.
Melody: I am not using this as a blog I am honestly seeking advice from everyone here.

Again, you are contradicting yourself. What is the purpose of telling us you do not intend to finance her affair and splitting up the accounts when you are still giving her money? Obviously, you do intend to finance the affair, and you aren't making her rely on her own, separate account for money. You wrote that the only reason you gave her money was so she would have a place to stay with your son. That is nonsense. You know perfectly well that she is not homeless; she has a home with you and your son, but she chose to abandon it. You are financing her decision to abandon you and your son. Why?!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation