Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
I encourage you not to follow the Divorce Remedy, 180, or last Resort Technique.

Dr. Harley's plans differ from those and we can only help you using Dr. Harley's methods.

As I recall, you were last advised to snoop and find out if he is having an affair.

Have you made any progress?

M
M
Originally Posted by yayas
My husband wants to talk tonight about something. He has told me he wants a divorce (see other threads for details if you want). It was very sudden and what I believe to be the result of an existential crisis rather than dissatisfaction in our marriage. It's both, I'm sure, but he won't do counseling or try to save our short marriage. We have been married 6 months.
People having an existential crisis might want to commit suicide, but why would they seek a divorce? After all, what good would it do to get a divorce, since nothing really matters?

Your husband has a goal in mind for himself, and it has nothing to do with existentialism.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
H
H
He is not having an existential or midlife crisis. The reason he has asked for a D is b/c he is having an A. When a WH leaves the marriage it is usually because they are at the height of their addiction (A are a form of addiction) and the OW is is their ear to leave.

I strongly recommend that you forget principles referred to in your post and focus on MB principle. Dr H has 40 yrs experience helping couples struggling/surviving infidelity. He has a success rate, his principles can help re create a romantic marriage and help the BS heal.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
I
I
You are correct to refuse to enable his destructive choices.

Let him pay for his own mess.

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
Y
yayas Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I have done some digging and come to the conclusion that there is no affair. So that is a relief.

J
J
Did you hire a PI?

B
B
I have done some digging and come to the conclusion that there is no affair. So that is a relief.
How did you come to this conclusion?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Z
Z
You are in denial. There is an affair for sure. You just don't want to believe it. You're not going to be able to save this if you don't have the information you need.

You haven't been married long and you are young. It might be best to cut your losses and walk away, especially if you can't dig deep and find the inner resources needed to find and confront the affair.

I would not however, offer any financial help to resolve the lease. he wants to get out of this, so he gets to pay for it.

Y
yayas Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I was able to go through his emails, text messages, and call logs. I also talked to his friends who he had bragged to about having some girl at work who liked him who found out that there wasn't even a girl who worked there at all. :-/

J
J
I was able to go through his emails, text messages, and call logs. I also talked to his friends who he had bragged to about having some girl at work who liked him who found out that there wasn't even a girl who worked there at all. :-/

Well just because a girl doesnt work there doesnt mean he didnt meet one at work.

Y
yayas Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight

Well just because a girl doesnt work there doesnt mean he didnt meet one at work.

i can't afford a PI so should I just wait and keep checking when I can?

J
J
Put a voice Activated recorder in his car, put a GPS unit on his car and keylogger software on any computer

J
J
Checking his phone may not help much; many people involved in affairs have "affair phones"

L
L

Funnily enough, that is not a relief. I know that sounds strange but, although finding your spouse is having an affair is deeply traumatic it is also an explanation for behaviour that is otherwise impossible to understand.

My XH was a serial adulterer who had been cheating with who knows how many women for 16 years when he slipped up and made a single phone call from a number where I had access to the logs.

Never a single email, I would have picked that up in a heartbeat as our emails were always open to one another.

Once I found the phone call, I used backups of his cell phone to look at stored data. The fat slag's details were cleverly disguised under a business name. She had an unusual first name and I ran a search for it. Never under estimate the cunning of a cheater. Secrecy is all part of the adrenalin rush.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
D
D
He can delete emails/texts.
He could have another email address.
He could have a texting app which hides the messages - Google for the app names & see if he has one.
Or another secret phone. Search his car etc.
Bragging to friends about a girl is cruel. He's at least thinking about it.
Depressives can't motivate themselves. Yet he suddenly got very motivated about D. A woman coming into his orbit would explain that.
Look at the BIN and SENT folders on his emails.
Check his contacts for male names you don't know. Phone them anonymously to see if a male or female answers. Then hang up.
Check his googling history.
Definitely VAR his car. Tell him you will stay with a friend for a couple of nights & VAR your house.
I feel you haven't found out everything.
Keep snooping.

Last edited by Danu; 03/21/14 09:01 PM.
Y
yayas Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Well everyone was right. he is having an affair.

i am absolutely devastated.

S
S
Well everyone was right. he is having an affair.

i am absolutely devastated.
I am so sorry to hear this, but at least now you know what the problem was all long.

Please tell us what you discovered, and how. Did you hire a PI? Who is OW? Is she an ex-girlfriend, or a neighbour? Do you know her name? (Don't write it here.) What do you know about her? Is she married?

Does your H know that you know?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
I
I
Yayas, you're young and the marriage is only six months old. In that time you've proved yourself a faithful wife willing to overcome the rough spots when her H checks out. All he has proved is that he is unfaithful.

As to whether you want to recover or want to leave him, your next step is still the same regardless.

Now as to your next steps. You should discover who this woman is and complete an exposure. Tell everyone what they have been doing, do you understand how to expose? Try to come here for advice without confronting him and revealing your hand. Everyone should know what they have been doing.

As a young woman with no children ( like myself ) there's no reason for you to save this marriage. But we can help you do that using Plan A and Plan B if you wish.

If you don't recover you will still need Plan B for personal healing. This is what I did, and I am so happy and healed today.

Hugs. It is devastating. Do make sure you eat and sleep even if you don't feel like it.

Oh and don't leave that house! After you have exposed you can pack his bags and do it with your family supporting you. He has that house earmarked for his Hobag.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Y
yayas Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I was able to go through his phone. I found a separate email account and deleted call logs. Pictures... texts to friends, texts between them. Evidence that they may have slept together. I found her full name, phone number, and email.

Plus I found out he is going to go visit her this week for 5 days. Just before my birthday.

My husband knows I know. He is furious and wants to divorce me for invading his privacy.

T
T
I was able to go through his phone. I found a separate email account and deleted call logs. Pictures... texts to friends, texts between them. Evidence that they may have slept together. I found her full name, phone number, and email.

Plus I found out he is going to go visit her this week for 5 days. Just before my birthday.

My husband knows I know. He is furious and wants to divorce me for invading his privacy.

Don't worry about it. He is furious that you found out about his affair and are interfering with it. This has nothing to do with his privacy, he is not entitile to a private affair when he is married.

You need to expose to family, friends and OW's family, friends. How did they meet, if its a workplace A the employer needs to be included in exposure.

Once you expose you need to decide if you want to salvage the marraige, if so there is a plan here for that, if not you need to cut your losses and have him hit the road and speak to your Attorney.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation