Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108
I
I
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
She was focused on who I told I told her best friend who is very spirtual and said she will call her. Wife also told me everyone thinks i'm crazy etc..

Yeah we've heard that one too!

I am certain there's an actual script book they pass around. How else do they say the exact same things word for word?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
Good job!!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
I
I
Angry crazy wayward to shocked friend: "How dare you! Don't you know he's crazy!"

Friend: "Crazy? He sounds very worried about you having an affair and abandoning the marriage."

ACW: "There, I'm glad you agree."

If she's denying the affair, that means she has to end it. She can't tell everyone you are delusional one day and the next say: "Hey everyone, this is my innocent new boyfriend Bob."

You're making it impossible to keep this fantasy alive.

S
S
When my sister exposed, her WH ranted and raged for days. He broke a cabinet, tore it off the hinges in the kitchen and damaged other things. He packed up and left. Said he was done over and over for a day or two.

The affair ended w/n the week and they are now recovered!

Your exposure is WORKING! Don't stop...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
W
OP Offline
W
I get off at midnight, I was just told by my brother that she grabbed some stuff and left the house with step son.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
I
I
I get off at midnight, I was just told by my brother that she grabbed some stuff and left the house with step son.

Sounds like it will be a peaceful night for you then. I'd surely get some rest because once she's done sulking (and realises it doesn't work) she'll come up with something more active.

S
S

Do NOT engage her in her fogbabble. You are a broken record: "I did what I had to save our marriage." Keep it short and sweet.

She is throwing a MAJOR hissy fit because she doesn't want to put the crackpipe down and the fantasy is crumbling.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S

See my post above? My BIL did the same thing and returned w/n hours. It's not uncommon.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
what do I do now, WOW

Finish up your exposures. Did oyu read my last post?

Then go home and make yourself a ham sandwich and watch Duck Dynasty. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
did you see this?

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[

Finish your exposures and then go home and tell your children. [don't ask your wife or forewarn her, just sit the kids down and tell them all about the affair and give them the name of the OM]

Have you spoken to your MIL? Will she call her too? Any other exposure targets within her family?

How many FB messages did you send out to the OM contacts? And did you pay the $1 to get it placed into their in box?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
How old is your son?

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I notice she put her facebook page back up, its been down for a few days

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
M
M
I notice she put her facebook page back up, its been down for a few days

Are you friends with her?

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
yes I paid the 1.00, my ML wouldn't return my call, so I sent her a FB message. I'm still sending messages

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
yes I paid the 1.00, my ML wouldn't return my call, so I sent her a FB message. I'm still sending messages

Good man!! Keep up the great work! The more angry she is, the more severe the wound you inflicted on the affair. hurray

I would plan on exposing to your children as soon as possible.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
She told me I'm trying to humiliate her and trying to get her family and friends against her, she said she doesn't need any of her family, she keeps telling me there will never be achance with us, I lost her for ever and I'm trying to control her. She keeps telling me not to come home and to get out of the house etc.. she's going to call he attorney there is somthing he can do etc... I just told her I did this to save our marriage and she said do you think this is going to save our marriage she asked me it 20 times. Do I keep answering her calls, I need a break.

she took step son to his dads

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
I would stop taking her calls. STOP TRYING TO REASONN WITH HER. That is like trying to reason with a falling down drunk. If she comes at you again, just tell her you are sorry she is so upset, but you are not going to hide her affair for her. Everyone should know.

She won't understand that you did it to save your marriage so there is no reason to tell her that. She is just going to punish you right now because you interfered with her affair.

And whatever you do, don't leave your home. Go home and go sleep in your own bed. Make it very clear you are going NOWHERE. You have absolutely no reason to leave your home. Her affair does not constitute a reason for you to leave.

Are you friends with her on facebook?

Exposure 101

M
M
" she keeps telling me there will never be achance with us, I lost her for ever and I'm trying to control her. She keeps telling me not to come home and to get out of the house etc.. "

Did you read this part in my exposure thread?

Originally Posted by Melodylane
The Fallout
Expect your spouse to be FURIOUS and to make all manner of threats, �I was going to work on the marriage, now I am not!!� �I cannot trust you� �You have to pack and leave!!� �You have ruined any chance you had!!� Do not let this bother you!! Just imagine that you have taken the crackpipe away from the crack head. Of course they are angry. But it will blow over. Don�t laugh, don�t fight, don't attempt to reason with them, and most of all, don�t be SCARED! Your marriage can survive some temporary anger, it cannot survive an ongoing affair! The madder your WS, the harder you hit the target!

The goal is to save your marriage, NOT to avoid your wayward spouse's anger at all costs.

Just say, "I am so sorry you are upset.. Can I get you a potato chip?" smile

I know it is upsetting to hear your wife make all these threats, but we have heard them a million times. sigh zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
SHE IS SO ANGRY ITS CRAZY! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS. ITS LIKE SHE IS POSSESSED! SHE ALSO SAID SHE ISN'T HAVING AN AFFAIR. SHE KEEPS TELLING ME THER IS NEVER GOING TO BE A CHANCE FOR US ITS OVER, SHE, IS EVEN MORE ANGRIER THAN WHEN MY FAMILY FOUND OUT. SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I'M NOT YELLING.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Yes I'm friends with on facebook, she just turned it back on because I think she thought I put a general post up, I didn't, I IM everyone.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 5 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation