Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 108 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
Wife also said, if she was home she would of assaulted me and she didn't want to go to jail...Did I piss her off that bad???

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/30/14 12:15 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
M
M
Awesome! And I would ask your attorney to drag things out as long as possible. The worst thing you can do is cooperate with the divorce. Her anger and her affair won't last long so your goal is to outlast her affair.

I would just be as pleasant as possible like we discussed earlier. You are doing just great!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
Wife also said, if she was home she would of assaulted me and she didn't want to go to jail...Did I piss her off that bad???

You interfered in her affair in a HUGE WAY!! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
She asked me where daughter was at, she went fishingh with her cousins, She said ok. She then told me that step son has tutoring at 5pm and when daughter was coming home b/c she can go with them when I'm at work. She then asked, do you want her around me. I said I have no problem with her being around her...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I already told my attorney to drag it out, she said she could try to get another 60 days..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
When I first got home she was doing laundry, I'm sure she was washing the underware first...

So should I just let her sleep, should I give he hug, I feel like I don't know what to do...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She defiently looked exhausted. I feel bad for her. why do I feel bad for her..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I'm going to switch over to my phone, I don't want her finding my war plan... How do I tell son about this, when he won't even look my way, I said hi to him and he like was shut down, I asked how he was doing, he mummbled ok, He just isn't to happy to see me...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Sorry my mind is racing, I have to slow it down, breathe in and out slowly....

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Well, you and step son were never close, and she sees her mom now raging over exposure. He's only heard her side, and since he never liked you, it's no surprise he's siding with her.

The truth is, you have to Plan A your son also. And if he is going to be in the house with you for awhile, go back and read the link that BrainHurts dropped early in this thread. The blended family situation is tough, but Dr. Harley gives a protocol that will help you with it.

N
N
I'm going to switch over to my phone, I don't want her finding my war plan... How do I tell son about this, when he won't even look my way, I said hi to him and he like was shut down, I asked how he was doing, he mummbled ok, He just isn't to happy to see me...

Find some time while she is asleep to sit down next to him & explain. Tell him you know he is aware of bits & pieces of the problems between you & his mom but there is more to it. Explain that you love him & his mother and would never deliberately do anything harmful to them. His mother is having an affair and you desperately want to save the marriage. Tell him you'd like his support to save your family but, regardless how this ends up, you will always be there for him.

Ask him if he has any questions...

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
W
OP Offline
W
Step son is a tough one and I love him a lot. I have trying to figure out his love languages, to see how he wants to be loved. He 14 and he's got a lot of his own puberty issues going on. I 'll look for the link I do remember it...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Step son is a tough one and I love him a lot. I have trying to figure out his love languages, to see how he wants to be loved. He 14 and he's got a lot of his own puberty issues going on. I 'll look for the link I do remember it...

You mentioned thee things that got in the way of your marriage: 1) drinking 2) swing shift, 3) step son.

You've addressed the first two very effectively, and your wife is definitely taking note. Now for #3.

It's complicated because right now the issues that made it hard can't be worked on completely since you and wife are not operating as a couple. Seems the best you can do is show your step son respect, let him know that you love his mom and him more than anything. He may not understand everything that is going on, but kids have an innate sense of security and stability. Deep down, they want it, though that desire is subconscious. His mom's gallivanting does not provide a secure and stable situation for the son.

When you have a chance, let him know that are making changes that will make for a happy home life, and that you want for both him and Mom to be happy.

And don't apologize to him for exposing the affair, and STOP apologizing to your wife. You are doing everything right, and nothing wrong in exposure.

This takes time, WD. Trust in the plan and give it a lot of time.

N
N
I have trying to figure out his love languages, to see how he wants to be loved. He 14 ..

You might try asking him,, ya know, POJA him.
14 is a tough age!!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
W
OP Offline
W
I told her I was sorry she is angry. Do I continue with saying things like your affair tore my heart out.. and to stop having the affair.. I'm not going to apologize for exposing and I haven't apologized for exposing it..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I want to crawl into bed with the wife and cuddle her. I'm exhausted myself.

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/30/14 02:16 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I looked in the garbage and I seen a plastic bag labled laundry the kind you get from a hotel. I think she pawned the ring her grandmother gave her, it's missing maybe to Pay hotel bill.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
my wife is up so I asked her after tutoring with son, what she would like for dinner and she said they will be ok. thank you though. I said well I would like them to have some dinner with me and daughter when they get back and I will wait for them. She replied, I don't care what you want right now in a firm voice. We will be fine and go with out us. I just replied ok. She is seperating the kids...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
Can you make a nice big dinner and then invite them to come eat when its done?

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I can, they won't be home until 630pm From tutoring.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 22 of 108 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation