Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 108 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
I really don't put anything on FB. I have a picture of my wife and I..the funny thing is my wife has never had a pic of us as her profile pic..just thought about that..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I'm sure Dr. Harley is right. I'm going to give her this one pass.

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/30/14 10:11 PM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
J
J
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I really don't put anything on FB. I have a picture of my wife and I..the funny thing is my wife has never had a pic of us as her profile pic..just thought about that..

Facebook is not marriage or family friendly because it does not allow for JOINT accounts.
It encourages everyone to have an INDIVIDUAL account.
In fact, your thread has been the final straw for me with facebook. I'm deleting my account permanently.
Other social sites, such as Google+, allow for a joint account.

W
OP Offline
W
I've never liked it. It has ruined so many marriages, people ruin the marriages, fb encourages it.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
FB is a good thing for MB. Get to use it for exposure. . works great for that..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

B
B
FB is a good thing for MB. Get to use it for exposure. . works great for that..
Yes it does. laugh

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
I've never liked it. It has ruined so many marriages, people ruin the marriages, fb encourages it.

It is certainly a double edged sword! It has been an amazing resource for exposures. laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I'm not tooting my own horn, but I'm a good looking guy who is in decent shape and the OM is this balding fat goofy looking guy, I just don't get it. Nothing wrong with balding guys or men being over weight. I'm not shallow.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
He just doesn't seem her type. What the heck do I know...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I find it interesting when my wife tells me all my changes etc.. would save the marriage, but telling everyone I had an affair was over the top and it will never save our marriage.Your crazy.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

I
I
I would suggest that your daughter have clear instructions about how to keep herself safe if your wife gets physical. She should go to a safe place and call 911.

It is not only your own safety at stake here. Do you have a trusted neighbor she can go to?

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
W
OP Offline
W
I wish she would of told me that before exposure or better yet when where we going to reconcile after the divorce and property division etc..maybe she was going to let me know some day...I'm being sarcastic right now...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She already knows what to do. I taught her code words for different things. When to go where to go and who to call.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
I'm not tooting my own horn, but I'm a good looking guy who is in decent shape and the OM is this balding fat goofy looking guy, I just don't get it. Nothing wrong with balding guys or men being over weight. I'm not shallow.

Most people "affair down" so that is no surprise. He is also a turd on the inside!! My XH's mistress up in northern Michigan had buck teef, smoked cigars and went huntin for deer! faint The first time I ran into her, I was behind her in a party store while she was paying for jumbo BUDS on a Monday night! rotflmao She is the complete opposite of me. I was speechless!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Mel, you made me lol so hard right now. Why down What's the deal with that...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Most people "affair down" so that is no surprise. He is also a turd on the inside!! My XH's mistress up in northern Michigan had buck teef, smoked cigars and went huntin for deer! faint The first time I ran into her, I was behind her in a party store while she was paying for jumbo BUDS on a Monday night! rotflmao She is the complete opposite of me. I was speechless!!

Those "buck" teeth are good for chewing venison!

Me 58: FWH (NC 32 yr), W 60, married 36 yr, DD 32
W
OP Offline
W
Funny how OM ex-wife told me he is a lost soul and has nothing to his name, lost it all, not sure how, and can't even be there for his 16yr old boy. I'll bend over backwards for 6 yrs trying to reach my boy to the point of getting frustrated b/c he began manipulating us and getting us into arguments. But I love him unconditionally, but our strained relationship is the deal breaker...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
Originally Posted by ItCanGetBetter

Those "buck" teeth are good for chewing venison! [/quote]

rotflmao rotflmao

Exposure 101

M
M
Funny how OM ex-wife told me he is a lost soul and has nothing to his name, lost it all, not sure how, and can't even be there for his 16yr old boy. I'll bend over backwards for 6 yrs trying to reach my boy to the point of getting frustrated b/c he began manipulating us and getting us into arguments. But I love him unconditionally, but our strained relationship is the deal breaker...

I hope you can run the OM off. I predict that you can. You have him by the nads right now. grin

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Don't get me wrong, I was drunk one day and said a horrible thing to him. I will not repeat what I said. I did apologize to him immediately after I said it. I'm not proud of it. I allowed that alcohol and frustration to make me say something that isn't true. They call alcohol a spirit b/c it's evil.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 26 of 108 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation