Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 108 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 107 108
M
M
As she comes out of the fog she will realize how bad the OM is for her. He would not change her tire, cook her dinner or pay for her son's tutoring lesson. He doesn't even see his own son!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I'm not tooting my own horn, but I'm a good looking guy who is in decent shape and the OM is this balding fat goofy looking guy, I just don't get it. Nothing wrong with balding guys or men being over weight. I'm not shallow.

Sir, I run (compete, not just jog but actually place at the finish line) half marathon races and am in excellent physical shape.
My wife left me for a bald, fat child abuser convict that smoked, drank and uses dope daily!

FOG = Irrational thinking!

W
OP Offline
W
I hope I can run him off too...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
Wow unreal. Im sorry Jedi.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
J
J
Don't get me wrong, I was drunk one day and said a horrible thing to him. I will not repeat what I said. I did apologize to him immediately after I said it. I'm not proud of it. I allowed that alcohol and frustration to make me say something that isn't true. They call alcohol a spirit b/c it's evil.

Sir , many people can drink a limited amount of alcohol and never have incidents like yours.
However, for some, there is a type of allergy to alcohol that causes bizarre behavior. If you are doing things while drinking and then apologizing then you should treat it as an allergy and never touch it

M
M
Jedi, he did stop drinking. That was one of her main complaints so he stopped.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Why do I hang onto every word she says. Is this normal. she's going to the dentist today, to start a crown. She said she has to get it done before she loses her insurance through me... I just said oh ok. Just seems like I'm listenting to good.... We did then have conversation about sons math issue. He's a smart kid. All the kids are having math issues. She showed me it and I can't make sense of it... The tutor who is a math teacher is having problem with it...so we just tell him do your best.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

I
I
Why do I hang onto every word she says. .

Don't do that. Develop selective hearing. Catch her doing something polite or nice or helpful and respond to that, not the insults. ('you're such a good mother' or saying 'you're welcome' nice and confidently when she gives you a cold thank you) Only respond to what you want to. Treat the rest as jibber jabber.

The maths thing is proving to be a really useful distraction. Can you offer to call up and speak to his teacher? She'll say no, while breathing fire, but the offer of support will register on the level where she is still human.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
OP Offline
W
Indie, I don't let the negative things bother me, it's just how great of a listner I have become. I will ask if I could talk to his teacher. I poured the three of our coffee's this morning. When I handed it to step son he said thank you. My wife and I made the kids lunches together. Son made us all laugh this morning b/c I think he is using my tooth brush, wife asked him and he just said I just use whatever, it was funny, had to be there. Son poured the rest of the coffee in a travel mug this morning and the wife wanted some to go, so I poured the rest of mine and what was left in the pot in a travel mug for her. She said you didn't have to do that , I said it's no problem. We both then left to get these kids to school...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
You are doing just a super great job at Plan A! All of these little things demonstrate how much better you are than the OM. The POSOM would never take care of her son or do the things you are doing. She would lose all that.

Happy that you are back on days. laugh

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
My wife just told me her attorney sent her a copy of the property settlement proposal and asked if I would like to see it or are you going to wait till your attorney contacts you. I said no thanks and I will just wait for my attorney to contact me. She throws her hands in the air and walks away mumbling something...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
That was perfect! No cooperation on the divorce front! grin

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I did ask her if I could talk to his math teacher to see if there is anything I can do to help. She gave me a puzzled kind of dirty look, and said I have been in constant contact with his teacher that's the curriculum and nothing can been done. I said I feel bad for son, he's working hard. Of course her one GF called her wanting her to go to opening day. That's what my wife said. The voice mail was a women. I heard her voice. That GF is the one who cheated on her husband, I work with him. I never liked her, the first time I met her, bad vibe. She is also my wife's supervisor at work...they have been going out a lot together lately. you know wife uses her name a lot...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
yuck. You know, when you get into the recovery phase, getting her away from that bad influence will be a condition of recovery. She is not a friend to your marriage. Of course, when the fog wears off, she will not view her as a "friend," but as an enabler.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
my friend divorced her, he was devistated, I remember when he told me about it...he didn't want anything to do with her, apparently he found pics emails to a few different me. My wife and I talked about it before and she new how I felt about her. My wifeW would stick up fo her saying ther e are two sides, well yes but you don't cheat. This couple did a lot together, travled, went to sporting events etc... he has leukemia that is in remission. His cancer was active during her cheating and divorce...

Last edited by wifedivorcing; 03/31/14 08:27 AM.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

T
T
So she is getting ready to take son to tutoring , she's always running late. I tell her what time it is so she kicks into gear, she s says let's go to son and states I have to stop at bank to get money for tutoring. I gave her a 100.00 bill I said take this for him. She replied I'm going to take money from you after what you did in a low voice. I let that roll right off my back. I said I love him and I care about him take for his tutoring and what ever else you need. She replied so you get to be the martyr. I set the money on the dresser and went to the grocery store. I came back and the money was gone. I just let it roll right of my back again. See she has complained a little bit about me making more money and I have no problem helping step son..

A plan A Jedi.

W
OP Offline
W
my wife and I are talking and she starts telling me how I told everyone she is a who're, I said I never told anyone that. She said you told them something. I said I felt it was important to tell them about you having an affair. She then said why don't you just stop and own up to why I filed for divorce, b/c I was unhappy and the relationship with my son and nothing else.. I said ok.

She now comes back out asking me what would a restraining order do to my job. You do carry a firearm right. I said yes. That's right. I said I cant stop you from doing anything. She tells me, then you better stop..

She then tells me that all I'm trying to do is make myself look good by dragging my friends and family in this, by making me look bad, because your a selfish [censored]. I simply said I did do this to make myself look loog. I did this b/c I love you and care about you and this family. She then walked away. Boy is she going to do this everyday all day. Some of the things she.says to me I don't answer b/c I don't know what to say... I do have my recorder on..She told me I sent that letter to an attorney friend of hers, yes I know it was one of the negative responses, her female cousin who said I'm controlling and petty and she fears for wife's safety, when her cousins mother died there step dad left them when they 13 or 1$ and he ran off with another women and never looked backed never to talk to.them again..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
So do I pay the OM a visit or do I call. The last thing I need is a restraining order. Wife said she has grounds b/c a contacted her work friend. It's her friend who she hangs out with. Now I'm getting threats. I need my pistol for work. You get a restraining order they take your pistol.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
and told the truth there is nothing wrong with that
maybe you should get a restraining order so you are protected
tell her is she wants she can tell a judge about the affair then it's up to her.
you would prefer not to do that�.
tell her you will stay a distant physically to protect yourself�..
she will go on everyday she is trying to fight for the affair and she wants it now
just tell her let's leave things up to the lawyers.
I will leave the visit to the Om up to someone more experienced Mel will have the answer��.hang in there don't let her control you and remember she is an alien not your wife, she is trying to strong arm you��.
don't bite

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
W
OP Offline
W
It's obvious she is so worried about what everyone thinks of her...I don't know if I'm doing everything right or not.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 27 of 108 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 494 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation