Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 108 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
She came back to the living room and said can we talk and she started with the property division / divorce. I said my attorney will handle all that. I will only talk to you about reconciliation. She got mad and got up saying it's over and called me delusional and stomped off to the bedroom. She is really trying to poor it on. Trying to be all sweet and then when that doesn't work going back to being mad etc... She keeps telling me to give it up. I told her I will fight for this marriage and family till the end...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
God this is extremely wearing me out. It's making me exhausted!

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
L
L
Let me run this response out there, since she seems to repeat the same conversation and tone.....

Honey, every day is a new day to begin our marriage all over again. I am learning a lot about how to be a better husband and i want you to be the partner that benefits from learning how to be a better spouse.

Keep it short and don't explain it further.

Maybe add, it feels like you actually do appreciate what i am learning and we will all benefit. I'm doing this for you, me and our son.

LTL

M
M
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
God this is extremely wearing me out. It's making me exhausted!

You are doing so darn good!! Just hang in there. It is already getting better. I think she is being nice for a couple of reasons: a) to get you to cooperate with the divorce and b) she forgets herself sometimes.

A thought about cheaterville. I would post it tonight so it is up by the tomorrow. That way, when you get home from your visit someone can "anonymously" send him a link!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
You do need to run that POSOM off quickly. I would not drag this out. Just get it over with before he changes his mind.

I suspect the deal he made with her was "get a divorce" and then we will hook up. But I assure you that she will be trying to see him.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Another idea is to grab his business card when you are in his pharmacy. Hopefully his email address is on it.

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
I went in the bedroom and she said are you going to bed I said no she said b/c I can go. I said you don't have to. She then says in a playful voice I'll punch you so I walk over to her and she says you'll have me arreste and she playfully hits me in the face. I give her a hug. I then ask her if I can read the daily prayer for her and she said no the last time you did it, you publicly trashed me, I said I didn't publicly trash you I did it to save our marriage and family. She said I don't trust you. in my head I'm thinking you can't trust me. Oh boy. I then walked out...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I have his email address...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Her playfulness is things we use to do in the past .. I have is email address...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Learned I like that.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Angry wife is back. She is just making as much noise as possible. Slam the sunroom doors etc... Mad at me. Telling me what I did was wrong. I told I told the truth about your affair.. She said she can never step into any of my family members home. I said tomorrow is a new day we can start are marriage over and I have been learning to be a better husband and I want you to be my wife and we both can learn and be better together. I tried under the pressure...

She also said if what I did was so bad then why are you with me, I said because I took my marriage vows serious for better or for worst and we are in the worst that we can build from. She walked away mad...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
She keeps telling me she can't trust me. Mind boggling. What is she talking about. Trust oh boy.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I did the cheater Ville. Tomorrow after confronting him. He will get sent a link. He does have a linkd account also. That could be useful.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

L
L
She also said if what I did was so bad then why are you with me, I said because I took my marriage vows serious for better or for worst and we are in the worst that we can build from. She walked away mad...

Maybe say something along the lines of.....

Honey, our whole lives don't get judged by one bad mistake as long as we do the right things together to correct them.

That isn't blaming either her or you individually. It leads towards being a united partnership that can overcome this adversity.

But realize, that no matter how much logical sense you make, she will still rebel at you.

Continue planting good memory seeds.

What simple thing can you do for your Wife tonight or tomorrow morning?

Possibly leave a post-it note on her steering wheel that affirms how much she means to you. Come up with something not too overboard, but that lets her know you will fight against anyone trying to break up your family.

Keep it short.

Keep it simple.

LTL

M
M
She keeps telling me she can't trust me. Mind boggling. What is she talking about. Trust oh boy.

Its one of those crazy things that waywards say!!

Good job on posting on cheaterville!!

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Learned your good. It's hard under pressure and this has been going since Thursday. I know only 5 days. But darn my brain is mush.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

L
L

Also, your comment "Seems" to infer that She did Not take her vows seriously and she will interpret that as you directing Blame on her.

At one time for many years, she Did take her vows seriously.

Try to not give her something that she needs to get defensive about.

LTL

W
OP Offline
W
Learned I was wondering about saying something like that..you got some good ones...thanks. everyone has been great. I look at us as a special kind of people. We are warriors. The fight ain't over till we say it's over. I have to start being more creative...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Maybe I can leave what you said learned on her steering wheel.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
When ever she tells me the things I did wrong. I own up to them. I tell heryour right I drank to much, yes I took you for granted etc... And I'm sorry for it. I have learned a great deal these past few weeks and I'm never going to make those mistakes again. I have no problem owning them. She just keeps blaming for telling everyone she had an affair and why would I do that.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 32 of 108 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 502 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation