Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 108 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
She just left me a voice mail, crying and saying how selfish I have been and because she won't give me the answer I want and how I destroyed her life and how I want to fix my own is selfish. She said you will be getting permenant space and I hope that's what you want.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
O
O
LoL!

W
OP Offline
W
She just sent this text " please call me back I can't do this anymore". Her voice mail she sounded desperate. I haven't sent that text yet.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
W
OP Offline
W
I don't know what that text means????

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I probably should call her back. She has to pick SS up at 3PM

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I really do love her. I have to protect me. What do I do. I don't want her hurting herself.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

S
S
WD
What kind of hold does this women have on you that would make you want to stay with her? She has cheated and lied, conspired with your ex to have you put away for 5 days. Have some self respect man! Why would you alow any one person this much control over YOUR life? Normally I am all for saving the marriage but you need to get out and start protecting yourself. I wish you luck and God speed!

L
L
I know it will be hard, feeling like she May be tugging at your heartstrings, but after you send that ONE message back to her, STOP reading and wondering what she means.

She doesn't know either, but will bounce her and your emotions to kingdom come, because YOU are allowing her to.

Send that ONE message and let her know that you will be in touch in several days or at latest, by the end of the week.

YOU are allowing yourself to be emotionally tortured.

YOU can prevent that.

Do SOMETHING to distract your thoughts, even though they are still ever present.

LTL

M
M
Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
If it were me, I would follow up with another text.

Dear _______,
I have been through the ringer these past few weeks, especially last week. Please give me the space and time I need to recover from all of this. I will be in touch later.

With love,
WD

WD, send her this text and just turn off your phone. in the meantime, get ahold of your lawyer and make sure you are safe. Your wife is a dangerous, vicious loose cannon and you need to watch every step.

I have a feeling she is either setting you up again or attempting to capitalize on your weakened state to get you to agree to her quickie divorce scheme.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing

What does that have to do with whether you reply or not?

Let her pick up SS at 3:00.

LTL

M
M

Why not go ahead and call her back then. But don't agree to any divorce schemes. Agree to nothing. And then get ahold of your attorney!!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
She just left me a voice mail in total melt down calling a selfish person, she was there for me when I called her from the hospital. She said I'm not there for her when she needs someone now. And just continue to sobbing.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

N
N
I am not advocating calling her, you need a break.
IF you decide to call her. Be careful!!!!!
She will be baiting you into a fight, there will be all sorts of craziness and irrationality sent your way.
CALM
COOL
DO NOT ENGAGE
I would limit talk to logistics of kids only.
You know what to repeat to her about your desire for a loving, faithful marriage.
Divorce talk is for the lawyers, you wont talk about it.

M
M
Go ahead and call and see what she wants. Don't agree to anything. Tell her you need some time off from contact.

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Why not go ahead and call her back then. But don't agree to any divorce schemes. Agree to nothing. And then get ahold of your attorney!!!

I don't need to tell you this, because you have already proven you know it, but here goes. If you do call her, don't let her drag you into an argument. Listen to what she has to say, and let her get it off her chest. Then let her know that you have been through hell, and you need time to get well. Explain to her that you are not avoiding her to be hurtful, and that you will be available after your much needed recovery.

All of us fear that this conversation will go nowhere good. Really, you have completed exposure and the confrontation. Now after the ordeal you've been put through, you need to rest up and get away from her unremitting abuse. I wish you would just text her and let that be her answer. You really do need this...And she can wait.

L
L
You were hospitalized and locked up for 5 days due to having a reaction to her cheating and flaunting her "Friendship" with POSOM in your face.

Don't allow the repercussions from HER affair make you feel guilty.

STOP reading and listening to her messages.

Are they doing you any good.

Send that ONE message.

LTL

J
J
She just left me a voice mail in total melt down calling a selfish person, she was there for me when I called her from the hospital. She said I'm not there for her when she needs someone now. And just continue to sobbing.

I posted before seeing this. Ok, so if you call her, it might be the right Plan A thing to do. Just keep it as short as you can.

Pray before making the call. Ask God to give you the grace you need to handle it right. And sorry for the cliche, but take deep, slow breaths before talking. The Holy Spirit will help you.

S
S
How is your daughter? Have you talked to her?

W
OP Offline
W
I never sent the text do you really think I should call her. I just don't know what to do anymore. I see some said Dr. Harley doesn't want us men going into plan B. He wants plan A even when affair is going on. I have labeled as a mental case to her friends and family. I have been wrongfully accused and put away for 5 days. My wife has told me she never agreed with what happen to me and even knows it was wrong. She fails to realize she told my ex a lot and that was a cause of this, she even talk to my employeer and she could of refused and stood up for me then. She did stand up for me after the fact.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

M
M
Just call her!!

Exposure 101

Page 54 of 108 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 484 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation