Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 108 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 107 108
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by jessitaylor
If you did nothing the affair would be in full tilt, your marriage couldn't have survived with your wife having a boyfriend even with the positive changes tell her this. let her know her logic is not realistic.
Tell her you were saving herself from her wayward thinking that would ruin her life and in every marriage one partner has to hold the other up and since she was so lost it seemed like it was your only choice to save the marriage.
I think she is really scared of losing both her men and she knows she has to get her act together soon.

I would NOT tell her this;
She will consider it an insult.

I won't. whats up with cheaterville, I try to put him back up and it never went back up??

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
J
J
Again, at this time I feel you should go to your sisters house and stay there UNTIL you consult with Dr. Harley AND an attorney.

M
M
Originally Posted by wifedivorcing
I won't. whats up with cheaterville, I try to put him back up and it never went back up??

I suspect the OM paid them to take himself off. I would go to hesahomewrecker.com. Their website, shesahomewrecker.com is immensely popular and they don't take anyone down!! http://www.hesahomewrecker.com/

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Again, at this time I feel you should go to your sisters house and stay there UNTIL you consult with Dr. Harley AND an attorney.

Why do you feel I should do this Jedi?

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
J
J
whats up with cheaterville, I try to put him back up and it never went back up??

They usually take a few hours 12-24 to post.
If you are posting, I encourage you to post the "PROOF" on their website also, to dispel their allegations that you are just crazy and imagining the affair between two "friends."

J
J

Why do you feel I should do this Jedi?

You should do this to ensure you have legal protection; Dr. Harley is very familiar with involuntary commitments and an attorney can develop a plan to ensure that you dont go back to the hospital involuntarily tonight or next week.

As a police officer, you must know this is now on your record.
You wife (or ex, or even OM) can call 911 and say they heard you say you were going to kill yourself and "he was just committed to the hospital last week for suicide threats."

This changes the police and fire response; when my MIL would get drunk, sometimes the fire dept wouldn't respond...so we would just tell 911 that she is suicidal and has been committed in the past....and they came right out and took her away (every time).

T
T

Why are you asking him to leave his home? I'm curious as his WW is not staying with him. Leaving the home would give her a chance to get in and try to keep him out.

I agree with the attorney. That needs to be top priority, you need to make sure you are not coerced like you were before and you have an attorney present for any more questioning/evaluation. Your A has the right to request his own independent counsel with regards to a mental evaluation before you are committed.

W
OP Offline
W
I see what your saying. I will be working on it.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
I wont be leaving my house. I will be talking to an attorney.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
Originally Posted by txstunnedman

Why are you asking him to leave his home? I'm curious as his WW is not staying with him. Leaving the home would give her a chance to get in and try to keep him out.

Because he needs to be in a safe place.
He is not in a safe place while at home; his wife physically and emotionally abuses him.
At this point, if she wants to get in and keep him out, she just needs to say he's suicidal again; she knows this.
He can email Dr. Harley directly for advice on this subject and see what Dr. Harley thinks.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 04/08/14 09:58 AM.
I
I
Originally Posted by txstunnedman
I agree with the attorney. That needs to be top priority, you need to make sure you are not coerced like you were before and you have an attorney present for any more questioning/evaluation. Your A has the right to request his own independent counsel with regards to a mental evaluation before you are committed.

Yes.

I agree with Jedi that you need to be on red alert for the possibility of a second attempt. Maybe have your VAR on constantly or a nannycam, or security cam switched on in the home.

Even at night.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
OP Offline
W
I have IC today. I will talk to her about it also. My wife just called, I let the phone ring. I'm getting ready to go into IC. I can't be there at her becking call. I believe by me not be so readly available for her can let her think I might be there one day. It wears me down all of this. I'm sure you folks agree. I did send her a few flirty text earlier and she did respond to them.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

I
I
I have IC today. I will talk to her about it also. My wife just called, I let the phone ring. I'm getting ready to go into IC. I can't be there at her becking call. I believe by me not be so readly available for her can let her think I might be there one day. It wears me down all of this. I'm sure you folks agree. I did send her a few flirty text earlier and she did respond to them.

I wouldn't concentrate on whether/how she responds. Nor focus much on giving her the impression you aren't going to be around.

The wayward brain is a drunk brain and isn't worthy of much thought. How it responds is neither here or there. It may respond happily, it may not. Being drunk, she won't be able to contemplate the odds of you staying around. Sure the drunk may panic when you aren't there to care for it, but it is not really important that it panics.

She isn't going to make a conscious decision to come home to you. To sober up. The alcohol will stop flowing eventually though because of all the trouble you are causing for the supply.

So don't over think what she perceives. It isn't much. Just give out a stream of Plan A memories. One or more of will be remembered during the hangover.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
OP Offline
W
My IC was mortified about my situation. She said it sounded illegal in how they petitioned you. She said in her 30yrs she has never seen one done like that. She asked if my wife would come to counseling. My IC knows everything I have done. I talk to.My wife after counseling and she was curious about it. I told her the counselor would like to se us both in C. She said maybe. When I spoke to her on the phone she did sound depressed. I did text her this when she asked about it again and said maybe I should go alone "I understand. If you like to come with, I can get it changed. I will be alongside you baby because whatever your dealing with I'm dealing it with you.". She then sent back should I see her alone firs or should I. I sent back she did say she would like to see us both.

I did ask her on the phone when she called me to take Thursday off so we can go do something together. She said maybe. I have to ask...

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

J
J
NO!

Counseling is a BAD idea during an affair!
Cancel that plan and focus on Plan A, waiting for the affair to die.

M
M
Do you know how hard it is to defend yourself when know one wanted to listen to me at the crisis center or at the hospital. It was very frustrating. So in there eyes every LEO who is going through a divorse, exposes an affair and confronts POSOM is crazy and must go to a crisis center and then mental hospital. It is absolutely nuts that this is what happened.

You should take dr Harley's new version of Surviving An Affair and show those psychos what he says about exposure.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
No counseling, despite that your counselor knows what you are doing and supports your plan.
I would bet the counselor is ill equipped to deal with adultery and bringing you back together. That is not what they are trained or practiced in doing.
In other words, no counseling together as in marriage counseling. It is fine to see a counselor by yourself.

Keep doing Plan A.
Get your legal situation in hand ASAP (divorce and illegal detainment)
Take care of your kids and yourself.

Last edited by NebDane; 04/08/14 02:43 PM.
L
L
WD, I know that you want to recover your marriage so very badly. Right now, though, you have to be strategic. I know each and every decision right now seems like it has to be strategic, and it really does. Just because you have to be a wonderful version of you (who you should always have been)in Plan A, does NOT mean that you should do everything wifey wants you to do. You have to be smart in all of this. The last few posts above really should show you how you should be aware of every single decision. I hope I am getting my point across. It seems lame, but I am going to post it anyway.

BS Me 47,WH 49
DS's x3 17, 10, 7
Multiple D-Days
No disclosure by WH. No EP's, no transparency, no guilt or remorse either.
Plan C DOES NOT WORK!
W
OP Offline
W
I see everyone is against the counseling, so thats a no. My wife did mention about going herself, so that would be ok? right? I got a real time GPS, I did tell her I was going to finish getting new tires for her car last saturday, I need to get the old gps logger and replase it with the real time. I guess I will buying three new tires for her car..

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

W
OP Offline
W
Is it a good idea to take my wife out for the day if she is willing to go with me?? I would like to spend some time with her, so I can fill her LB.

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Page 59 of 108 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 107 108

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation