Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
OP Offline
L
I think deep inside under all that foggy love she has, she really cares about the family. Or I don't know if I am being blind and she just feels pitty for me to leave me or make me move out of the house. She feels she is in control of everything in the business and it is producing thanks to her. Eventhough I came up with the family money to buy it, set it up, and run it... Because she is the one doing dentistry she thinks she is the sole household provider...

J
J
The best step you can take at this point is to get the book Buyers Renters and Freeloaders by Dr. Willard Harley.
In the book, he explains the dynamics of relationships.

You will need this information going forward.

You can email Dr. Harley directly for advice: mbradio@marriagebuilder.com

PLease post your email to him and his reply on this thread so we know what he recommends.

J
J
Since you are not married you should not expose. I agree with Jedi about the book, because you and your wife are living the life of renters. Your wife is in freeloader territory now, and since she is not bound by marriage she is free to do what she wishes.

If she doesn't want you to be her husband, and she is intent on being with the dentist POSOM then its time to amscray. I'd write here a Plan B letter.

M
M
Originally Posted by lovemyfamily2000
markos it is a very sad long story the reason that we had to get divorced. And we couldn't remarried until we get through the problem.

Why are you so reluctant to tell it?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
L
L
In the state where I was divorced (NY), continuing to live as a married couple after divorce makes the divorce null and void. Please take the 10 minutes to check into this as it could make all the difference to what happens next.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
I
I
You need to tell us the truth about why you 'had' to divorce. We are willing to help your family but we can't guess as to what the circumstances are. You need to tell us so we can help the poor little boy in the centre of all this mess.

Renters having a 'live in' relationship can still progress to being buyers in the right circumstances. Please tell us what the situation entails.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
OP Offline
L
Dear friends, I would really love to tell you the truth but I can't. I really do, believe me. What I think is important to know is that we where very happy when we had an unfortunate event and we had to get divorced still being in love. We were not going to be able to get married again until approximately 5 years after.
I want to give an update of my relationship. After I found out I told my kid but not in the best way. I regretfully told him that mom was with another man and deeply in love, even sleeping with him when she was not sleeping home. I feel I should have done it in a different manner. I showed him pictures of the lover and my wife together. I feel I shouldn't have done that cause that would traumatize him. I have been attacked by my wife, school counselors and friends that that was not appropriate and that he should have never even found out about the affair. What is your take on that?
I left home last night. I am staying at my father's apartment and I am devastated. She has changed the password of our cellphone account showing that she will still keep communication with the lover and of course she'll feel more entitled since I am not home anymore. I am devastated and today has been very hard to start to get moving with my life. I would love to save my relation but at this point I don't think it will be possible.
I feel is unfair that I was the one that had to move out even though she was the one on default but at the same time I feel that it will be easier for me to move on if I am away from the memories.

L
OP Offline
L
Is there some reading I can show my wife for her to understand that it was appropriate for our child to know about he affair and that she needs to understand the reason he was upset with her was because of her fault. She told me that he was very upset with her yesterday after he saw me leaving. He cried a lot... and I also did.

L
OP Offline
L
she says that she does not want me to tell him that I miss him and to only tell him everything is ok, etc...

M
M
Dear friends, I would really love to tell you the truth but I can't. I really do, believe me.

I'll be the first to say I'm not buying this.

Somebody wanted to date other people, is that why?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
L
OP Offline
L
noooo markos please. I would say that. It has nothing to do with that. It had to do with a law suit to avoid my wife suffering any consequences but just me....

I
I
Dear friends, I would really love to tell you the truth but I can't. I really do, believe me. What I think is important to know is that we where very happy when we had an unfortunate event and we had to get divorced still being in love. We were not going to be able to get married again until approximately 5 years after.
I want to give an update of my relationship. After I found out I told my kid but not in the best way. I regretfully told him that mom was with another man and deeply in love, even sleeping with him when she was not sleeping home. I feel I should have done it in a different manner. I showed him pictures of the lover and my wife together. I feel I shouldn't have done that cause that would traumatize him. I have been attacked by my wife, school counselors and friends that that was not appropriate and that he should have never even found out about the affair. What is your take on that?
I left home last night. I am staying at my father's apartment and I am devastated. She has changed the password of our cellphone account showing that she will still keep communication with the lover and of course she'll feel more entitled since I am not home anymore. I am devastated and today has been very hard to start to get moving with my life. I would love to save my relation but at this point I don't think it will be possible.
I feel is unfair that I was the one that had to move out even though she was the one on default but at the same time I feel that it will be easier for me to move on if I am away from the memories.

It's a real shame we can't help you. I can't advise on problems I don't anything know about!

No one is interested in persuading you to be honest and get help. Not me, my life is great. It's your funeral.

Poor kid.

I
I
noooo markos please. I would say that. It has nothing to do with that. It had to do with a law suit to avoid my wife suffering any consequences but just me....

Details?

I don't see how that would change the outcome of a lawsuit. Anything that affects you financially affects her if she intended to remarry you.

Does the family and extended circle know you divorced?

L
OP Offline
L
yes they know

S
S
Were you involved in a criminal act with a 5 year statute of limitations or was the divorce to hid assets from a lawsuit in which you were alleged to have caused damages to another party?

Is that why everything is in her name?

It appears that the divorce may have been to support fraudulent representations by you to a third party to shield your assets for either restitution for a crime or an award against you in a civil case.

Last edited by Sunnytimes; 06/04/14 10:56 AM.

Are you living in a covenant with death? With bitterness in your marriage? Read Isaiah 28. The bed will not be long enough or the covers wide enough for you to ever find comfort in that life. In Isaiah 28, God tells you to take a stick and beat these conditions out of your life.

Isaiah 28:29 "This [command] also cometh forth from the Lord of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working."
M
M

So you did something dishonorable with serious consequences that would have affected both you and your wife if you were legally married.

And you want to conceal that from us, and you want us to believe that you are doing it for some honorable reason like protecting your wife.

Except that the way to change from being a dishonorable person to an honorable person starts with openness and honesty.

Were you charged with child molestation?

I
I
As far as I can make out you sacrificed your commitment to your wife so as to hide things from the law. Even if she was willing, the dismissal of your marraige to cover up a mistake that you made, will have had an effect on her. Your mistake ended the marriage vows and the message is that dodging consequences was more important then being bound to her.

It also freed her from any obligation to you. So what if she was in love at the time? She is still free to go whenever the love wanes without having to work on it. You are not her husband.

She is free to see who she likes - including a vulture teacher. As soon as the feelings went away (as they do in a shack up situation) she was free to attach herself to whomever.

You've lost the tool of exposure because you pawned your marraige out to avoid a lawsuit.

The only thing I can suggest is you Plan A her remorselessly and win her back after the natural death of the A. Expose at work if there are rules re teacher student relationships.

As for your son of course you should have been honest with him, but you need to tell him about the divorce and your own affairs. Pledge that you will make it all up to him as soon if she ever gives you the chance.

I also want to stress that its OK if she never does. You must respect her decision as a single woman. You have put her through a lot and she won't even consider you if you start acting like you own her after you tossed out the marriage certificate.

Be the nice guy, the stable guy - no pressure.

L
OP Offline
L
It was not mu mistake it was both of us who made the mistake but I decided to take the hit to protect her...

L
OP Offline
L
Noooooo child molestation. I wish you guys new me in person and knew me...

M
M
Noooooo child molestation. I wish you guys new me in person and knew me...

The fact that we don't know you actually makes it safer for you to tell us what happened. We don't know you and can't do anything about it. We are just anonymous strangers on the internet.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation