Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, so the affair is squashed. I got text data off her phone, and she actually broke it off a month ago with him. She actually had some nasty words to say to him.
She still wants a divorce, still says she is miserable with me, and is not in love with me. I'm guessing this is still all part of the way word fog.

Is there anything I can do to help lift this fog? Anything to speed up the process of it all? Do I just act like everything is as it once was, and treat her the same, as a loving husband?

J
J
Sir, you continue in plan A, which is meeting her emotional needs and avoiding any Love Busters.
Basically, just bend over backwards for her to try to win her back.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
If needed, have someone help you do a full EXPOSURE.
You need to get this done ASAP.
Also post the OM and your story on www.cheaterville.com

This needs done Sir.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She is at it agian, this time it's worse. With her best friends husband. But it's different. It is emotional, 6 weeks and they say they are in love. They decided last night to tell us both, and believe me there is full exposure. Wtf to do now?

I
I
Did you ever expose the first affair? You are going to be firefighting constant affairs until you rally your troops and get help.

You say you've exposed this time - what's the reaction been and who has it been exposed to?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, and me and his wife. But they are in love

I
I
They aren't really in love, it's an affair for goodness sake.

WHO has the affair been exposed to and what is the reaction? Will her/your/his family/friends oppose it?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
She is at it agian, this time it's worse. With her best friends husband. But it's different. It is emotional, 6 weeks and they say they are in love. They decided last night to tell us both, and believe me there is full exposure. Wtf to do now?
Who all have you exposed to?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
If needed, have someone help you do a full EXPOSURE.
You need to get this done ASAP.
Also post the OM and your story on www.cheaterville.com

This needs done Sir.

Sir, if you want help stop being vague and start answering questions.
Have you exposed your wife AS INSTRUCTED IN THE EXPOSURE 101 THREAD?
Did you post OM on www.cheaterville.com and send a link to family and friends?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Everyone they know!!! It's funny, he chose his wife. Yes I did the 101

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Who did you expose to on OM's side?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, you need to post more details if you want advice.
What do you mean he chose his wife?
Did you post these OM on www.cheaterville.com?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
He chose his wife, they had a plan to tell us, then leave together, well he told his wife, and wants nothing to do with mine now. Sent ww a text saying we are done, I want to be with my wife. Every body they both know family, friends, face book list. Everyone. My wife is upset, being hard on her self, sorry she hurt me, sorry for her self, laying down, almost not functioning. This am she needed him and needed to talk to him, but that has calmed down, especially since he texted her saying was off, and she actually talked to me, and gave emotional feelings. Actually cried on my shoulder.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jo6
Actually cried on my shoulder.
Crocodile tears.

She isn't the least bit sorry for hurting you. She is only sorry for herself. More likely, it is all an act to throw you off track while the affair goes underground.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
He chose his wife, they had a plan to tell us, then leave together, well he told his wife, and wants nothing to do with mine now. Sent ww a text saying we are done, I want to be with my wife. Every body they both know family, friends, face book list. Everyone. My wife is upset, being hard on her self, sorry she hurt me, sorry for her self, laying down, almost not functioning. This am she needed him and needed to talk to him, but that has calmed down, especially since he texted her saying was off, and she actually talked to me, and gave emotional feelings. Actually cried on my shoulder.

Sir,

What do you want?
I dont understand why you post these short vague updates and then dont ask any questions.
She was having an affair with a few men and one of them dumped her when his wife found out. That's why Dr. Harley encourages exposure.

Do you want to follow Dr. Harley's methods? If so, you need to expose all of her affairs. That is the first step

I
I
We know what her reaction is, we need to know who supports you.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
What do you mean who supports me?

I do know that the affair is over. I'm not sure anymore what I want to do anymore. She was prepared to leave me, and jump out of this marriage straight into a marriage with him. Is it worth it on my end to try to save anything? I'm so confused it's not even funny.
I've been here for her, and I still feel love for her, but I'm not sure it's worth it any more. She is full of regrets, and accepts full responsibility. She is angry, not at me, but at him. She feels like she was a puppet on strings. They told each other how they were going to take care of each other, she was prepared to give him a marriage that she gave to me. She is sympathetic towards my feelings, as I am hers, it's strange, because I sort of feel an emotional attachment with her again. I was in bed crying last night, and she has been sleeping on the couch, and she came and climbed in bed with me, and cuddled me. She told me she never realized how much I love her until these past two days.
I am just so confused, I don't know what to think, what to feel. I want to push her away right now, but no matter how I try to, I can't. I haven't said any mean words to her, I just want to be her support right now, but in the sense I don't.

I'm sorry that I don't ask a lot around here, I don't know what to ask, I don't know what to say, I don't even know how I feel.

Both the affairs are exposed fully, shoot I even exposed them both to each other. They are both done, one was just sex, and she left that one for what she thought was love. Every body the all 3 know they are exposed to. She actually lost a lot of friendship over this, because that new group of friends I told you about, straight dumped her, because the affair happened with a couple from that group.

Last edited by Jo6; 08/10/14 08:43 AM.
J
J
Sir, I can tell you what to do:

FOLLOW DR. HARLEY'S PLAN.

Do you have his book Surviving an Affair?

If the affairs have been fully exposed, the next step is for your wife to commit to never see or speak to these people again. She will need to implement Extraordinary Precautions in her life and you will need to move out of the state.

Someone will post the Extraordinary Precautions list soon.

Are you willing to follow Dr. Harley's plan to recover your marriage?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've been thinking, and yes, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to save my marriage. I still love her to death, and I still can not picture my life with out her.

Things are very strange right now, she lost everybody she had to talk to, and I have been the only one here for her. I just sit and listen to her, no matter what she has to say. She told me she never realized how muched I loved her until now, even now, after she betrayed me, I am still more concerned obout her feelings, and pain over my own. She is very regretful, she says that she feels an emotional bond with me from these past few days, and can't believe what she has done. She said that she looks back, and always knew how close I was to her, and she just ignored it, and was blocking her feelings for me. It's very strange, because in such short amount of time, we are so much closer. Something happened last night, and we engaged in relations, out of no where, it just happened, out of no where, and we couldn't and didn't want to stop. I thought I could never touch her again. It's just weird, because I know it's there, but it's almost like nothing happened, just that fast, how do we both feel a bond again. She has even told me she loves me, and I haven't heard those words in so long.
We are both prepared to make a happy marriage now, we are going to start counciling in a week.

J
J
Sir, you are not listening to me.

Marriage counseling would be a horrible idea at this point.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation