Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 67 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 66 67
S
S
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
Maybe it's the way the question is worded. This one is considered a lecture:

Originally Posted by SugarCane
fc, what could your husband do for you to make you happy in your marriage? I don't get the feeling that you are happy in your marriage and I wonder what is missing for you. MB is all about identifying such issues and working on them.

I don't mean things like letting you work outside the home, which would in fact take you away from the marriage, and which is nothing to do with the way he behaves towards you. I mean in his daily interactions with you. What needs is he not meeting as well as you'd like, or what love busters is he committing?

I'm not picking on you SugarCane, but I know this particular one makes her bristle.
I'm grateful to you for pointing this out. I do think that if my goal is to try and see her perspective and engage her in dialogue with us, I'm failing if my words drive her away.

I'll try again!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
I'm going to ask you, because it might be quicker to get a full answer than asking fc, who finds it hard to write at length:

How do you come to decisions on what to do in UA time?

Your wife does not seem to enjoy what you do. It doesn't seem to make any LB deposits. (I know that UA time has not been possible since you moved.)

What are the constraints that stop you doing a wider variety of things?

We're very lucky, because we live in the best city in the world, and also on the edge of the beautiful British countryside. If we went to free art galleries, museums, public talks, riverside concerts, walks around Jack the Ripper's London, visits to market stalls, food festivals, ancient monuments and country walks every day for the rest of our lives we would not be able to do everything twice. None of what we normally do costs any money at all, except for bus fare. We haven't been to the cinema in a year because there is so much else to do here.

But I appreciate that it's different for everybody because we don't all live in cities, so I'm trying to find out what you could do in your area that costs little money and that makes you talk and laugh with each other.

When we were younger, before my husband 's knees gave out, we liked paying tennis, badminton or squash. You can play those games without being competitive, practising your strokes and helping each other. These can be quite intimate games, and they are fun. (Some things, like running, which we also did for a while, are not such fun for me because they are such hard work.) Here, we can hire courts in the public park or a leisure centre quite cheaply. Is there anything like that you can do?

What do you normally do?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
E
E
Groupon, livingsocial and befrugal are great ways to find new activities and meals at a discount.

F
OP Offline
F
I'm going to ask you, because it might be quicker to get a full answer than asking fc, who finds it hard to write at length:

How do you come to decisions on what to do in UA time?

Your wife does not seem to enjoy what you do. It doesn't seem to make any LB deposits. (I know that UA time has not been possible since you moved.)

What are the constraints that stop you doing a wider variety of things?

We're very lucky, because we live in the best city in the world, and also on the edge of the beautiful British countryside. If we went to free art galleries, museums, public talks, riverside concerts, walks around Jack the Ripper's London, visits to market stalls, food festivals, ancient monuments and country walks every day for the rest of our lives we would not be able to do everything twice. None of what we normally do costs any money at all, except for bus fare. We haven't been to the cinema in a year because there is so much else to do here.

But I appreciate that it's different for everybody because we don't all live in cities, so I'm trying to find out what you could do in your area that costs little money and that makes you talk and laugh with each other.

When we were younger, before my husband 's knees gave out, we liked paying tennis, badminton or squash. You can play those games without being competitive, practising your strokes and helping each other. These can be quite intimate games, and they are fun. (Some things, like running, which we also did for a while, are not such fun for me because they are such hard work.) Here, we can hire courts in the public park or a leisure centre quite cheaply. Is there anything like that you can do?

What do you normally do?

We've done the following activities that I can think of off of the top of my head:

Movies
Dinner
Dancing (We went to an 80s / 90s themed dance club)
Comedy Club
Bowling
Carriage Ride
Ghost Tour
Shopping in various forms
Gym
Running
Amusement Park (We have season tickets)
Billiards
Trivia night at a bar/restaurant (won a few times)
Vacation to the mountains
We went to a live stage production once
Concerts several times
Murder mystery theater
Just strolling through uptown
Just riding around in the car

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
We do live in / near a good sized city. It's not London, but there are things to do.

That reminds me, a few weeks ago we went to a local science museum that opens up at night to adults only. They setup a DJ and have drinks and special things going on.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
S
S
Thanks, ftf. I'll ask her about what she enjoys the most.

Where are you with the antidepressants?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
That reminds me, a few weeks ago we went to a local science museum that opens up at night to adults only. They setup a DJ and have drinks and special things going on.
I would have LOVED that, but do you think fc enjoyed it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
OP Offline
F
I would have LOVED that, but do you think fc enjoyed it?

It sounded better than it was. It was only their second time doing it, and I think they underestimated the amount of people that would show up. It was very crowded.

I don't think either of us thought it was that great that particular night. We may try it again.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
S
S

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
F
OP Offline
F

I have an appointment next week to see the doc. I was told they will have a series of questions for me to answer.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
Did you really reopen your Facebook account?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Yes I did.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B

Yes I did.
Was this not an EP for FC? Why don't you think you should follow the same EPs? Are they not the same for the both of you?

You did this on your own? Doing IB? Do you think that was a love buster?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S

Yes I did.
ftf, don't you start this with us. We have enough trouble prising information from fc. It comes to something when we are posting more than you are and it's your marriage. Look at the number of posts the two of you have received today. People are bending over backwards for your marriage!

You know very well that Brainy is asking you to explain this extraordinary decision. Why did you think you could re-open this account when presumably you closed it as a joint EP? And what made you think it was okay to re-open it without fc's enthusiastic agreement?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
And what are you going to do about it now you can see the hurt it has caused?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P
Reopening your facebook account only makes FC feel like EPs are a punishment for HER, instead of a way of life you both live.

I am very curious why you reopened it.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

F
OP Offline
F
I did it because there is a neighborhood Facebook page. The neighbors kept talking about all of the things on there and I wanted to see for myself. All of the community announcements are on that page. For example, yesterday, someone posted that they had a free grill if anybody wanted it. On Saturday, there was a community football game announced in the rec field.

The only reason I am uncomfortable with Fc having a page is because the OM has a Facebook page and she knows he does. I asked her if she could resist going to look at it and she was very honest in telling me that she would be tempted.

I agree that she is upset that she does not also have a Facebook page. She says she does not care that I have a Facebook page, only that she wants one as well.

I can get rid of it, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
S
S
I agree that she is upset that she does not also have a Facebook page. She says she does not care that I have a Facebook page, only that she wants one as well.

I can get rid of it, but it doesn't solve the problem.
She wants one as well because you have one. This would not have been a problem if you hadn't re-opened yours.

If you get rid of it, that WILL solve the problem. Assuming that it won't is yet another DJ from you.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
FTF,

Do you have the same EPs as FC?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

F
OP Offline
F
FTF,

Do you have the same EPs as FC?

I can get rid of the FB page, but I resent having to do it. But I will do it again and not reopen it if it bothers her that she cannot have one too.

No, we do not have all of the same EPs. The most glaring example being that I work and she does not.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
Page 62 of 67 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation