Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by Jo6
Everyone they know!!! It's funny, he chose his wife. Yes I did the 101

Sir, you need to post more details if you want advice.
What do you mean he chose his wife?
Did you post these OM on www.cheaterville.com?

If you have exposed all of her affairs, then the next step is NO CONTACT.
She will need to write a No Contact letter to all of her affair partners and the No Contact letters should be mailed by you.

Please let us know when this has been done:

Originally Posted by JustUss
(From SAA, page 58)

OM,
I want you to know that out of respect and love for my H and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk with you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that H did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay H for the pain I have caused him, I will do my best to become the wife he has been missing. I care a gread deal for miy family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely,

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The above has been done via text, with her number changed shortly after.
So if no counciling, what is the next step?

B
B
Have you listened to the clips in here? Beware of Bad Counselors

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Did she send it to both men?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

You need to be following the steps in Surviving an Affair.
Do you have this book?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No I don't have the book, yes, sent to both, and I will listen to the clip now

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
No I don't have the book, yes, sent to both, and I will listen to the clip now

Sir, if she sent the NC letter to both men and you HAVE exposed her affairs to family and friends then the next step is to implement EXtraordinary Precautions, which you must both commit to following.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
From Surviving an Affair, pg 66-67

The extraordinary precautions do more than end marriage-threatening affairs; they help a couple form the kind of relationship they always wanted.

These recommendations may seem rigid, unnecessarily confining, and even paranoid to those who have not been the victim of infidelity. But people like Sue and Jon, who have suffered unimaginable pain as a result of an affair that spun out of control, can easily see their value. For the inconvenience of following my advice, Sue would have spared herself and Jon the very worst experience of their lives.

Checklist for How Affairs Should End

_____The unfaithful spouse should reveal information about the affair to the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should make a commitment to the betrayed spouse to never see or talk to the lover OP again.

_____The unfaithful spouse should write a letter to the lover OP ending the relationship and send it with the approval of the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should take extraordinary precautions to guarantee total separation from the lover OP:

_____Block potential communication with the lover OP (change e-mail address and home and cell phone numbers, and close all social networking accounts; have voice messages and mail monitored by the betrayed spouse).

_____Account for time (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a twenty-four-hour daily schedule with locations and telephone numbers).

_____Account for money (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a complete account of all money spent).

_____Spend leisure time together.

_____Change jobs and relocate if necessary.

_____Avoid overnight separation.

_____Allow technical accountability.

_____ Expose affair to family members, clergy, and/or friends.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 08/11/14 08:59 PM.
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So there has been no contact, since last Thursday. The past 3or 4 days my ww has been saying she loves me, and wants to work through this. That she is commited, and will do anything to make things right.
Now today, she is saying that she is not 100% commited, and don't think we should continue. She says it has nothing to do with him. Is this just part of the withdraw talking? What do I do?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
So there has been no contact, since last Thursday. The past 3or 4 days my ww has been saying she loves me, and wants to work through this. That she is commited, and will do anything to make things right.
Now today, she is saying that she is not 100% commited, and don't think we should continue. She says it has nothing to do with him. Is this just part of the withdraw talking? What do I do?
Yes it's part of the withdrawal.

Is she on ADs? How much UA time are you getting? Are you going out on dates? What are your plans this weekend?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes we have been spending a lot of time together, there has been a lot of honesty, no dates because I just got laid off, and don't have the extra money. Last night she told me she does love me, and never stoped, but right now she is heart broken over him and doesn't feel like she is in love with me. No she is not on ad.
She saying the past week that she felt she felt she could work this out with me, and the past 2 days she has not felt like that. She has been saying I love you and today she says I can't force her, and she does not feel she is in love with me and is unhappy. But a week ago it was she was unhappy because her feelings were blocked by him.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So what do I do give her a little space now?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
So what do I do give her a little space now?
No. I know you just got laid off, but what about making a picnic and going to the park just you two?

Walks or bike rides? You need to take her out and date her.

Do not committ any love busters and meet her ENs. What are her top ENs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She says she loves me for being the father of our kids, and for what we used to have, but she can't be happy with me, that she sees no future with me. She doesn't love me like a wife should.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don't know her ens, she says I fulfill them, that it's not anything in particular, she is just not in love, and thought this past week she could be, but realized she can't.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I listen to her when she talks, I'm there when she needs me. I help around the house, I help with the kids. I told her, that all these feelings she is having are normal, but she got mad, and says I'm trying to force her to love me. That I can't tell her what she feels. The entire week it has been so good, and we actually created an emotional bond, and now all of the sudden it's gone agian. Last night she said she is confused and needs to sort it out on her own, and now she has made up her mind.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And we went to lunch with the kids a few times, and been talking.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Yes we have been spending a lot of time together, there has been a lot of honesty, no dates because I just got laid off, and don't have the extra money. Last night she told me she does love me, and never stoped, but right now she is heart broken over him and doesn't feel like she is in love with me. No she is not on ad.
She saying the past week that she felt she felt she could work this out with me, and the past 2 days she has not felt like that. She has been saying I love you and today she says I can't force her, and she does not feel she is in love with me and is unhappy. But a week ago it was she was unhappy because her feelings were blocked by him.

Sir, you need to read Surviving an Affair.
As explained in the book, once No Contact has been established by sending a No Contact Letter, the wayward spouse will enter a period of depression and withdrawl from the affair partner.
This can last at least 6 weeks!

Dr. Harley recommends that people coming out of an affair visit their doctor for anti-depressants to be able to function and help think clearly.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
And we went to lunch with the kids a few times, and been talking.
You really need to get both of you on some ADs.

How much UA time are you getting? It doesn't count if the kids are involved. That is FC and not UA.

When is the next time you can have some UA time? Tonight?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, kids go to bed, and we been sitting on the couch snuggled up, except last night. We had relations in bed though. Tonight we are eating together, after kids go to bed. I mentioned ads last night she said she doesn't need them, but she feels a little depressed. She won't go on them, cause she was on them before, and had bad expierence.
She said she will still go to counciling, but just doesn't want to try, and I need to accept she isn't in love with me. I told her I love her earlier, and I got stop trying to force me. I don't get it. I have seen her phone, and know 100% there has been no contact. She would not even go anywhere alone and has been saying she doesn't want to be alone.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well, kids go to bed, and we been sitting on the couch snuggled up, except last night. We had relations in bed though. Tonight we are eating together, after kids go to bed. I mentioned ads last night she said she doesn't need them, but she feels a little depressed. She won't go on them, cause she was on them before, and had bad expierence.
She said she will still go to counciling, but just doesn't want to try, and I need to accept she isn't in love with me. I told her I love her earlier, and I got stop trying to force me. I don't get it. I have seen her phone, and know 100% there has been no contact. She would not even go anywhere alone and has been saying she doesn't want to be alone.
About the ADs it's probably because she was on the wrong ones. She needs to communicate with her doctor until they find the correct ones.

Can you get a babysitter and take her out to at least coffee or ice cream? You need to date her until she's in love with you again. Can you do this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation