Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 67 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
P
P
I can get rid of the FB page
Then do it. This was an independent behavior, and has caused a lot of hurt.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
No, we do not have all of the same EPs. The most glaring example being that I work and she does not.
You should be following the same, basic EPs.
The only reason she has that EP and you don't is because the workplace is where her affair took place. Since you haven't had an affair, you can't very well change the environment which lead to your affair.

Everything else, including Facebook, should be the same for you. Basically, if she can't go somewhere, you shouldn't either. Any time you can go somewhere that your spouse is not allowed, you are setting YOURSELF up for a secret second life.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Prisca
Basically, if she can't go somewhere, you shouldn't either. Any time you can go somewhere that your spouse is not allowed, you are setting YOURSELF up for a secret second life.

This is a good point. I got rid of it.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
B
B
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
Basically, if she can't go somewhere, you shouldn't either. Any time you can go somewhere that your spouse is not allowed, you are setting YOURSELF up for a secret second life.

Good job. Have you apologized to her for your IB?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Good job. Have you apologized to her for your IB?

I will do this.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
Have you listened to your show from last July? It was about the exact same issue, UA not enough and not enjoyable. I would listen again.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

F
OP Offline
F
Things that I do every day or often:

I text her during the day to ask her how her day is going. I do this at least once a day. I also email her quite a bit with things that I see that she would like. Sometimes funny sayings or a picture. Sometimes something that I see that she would like to have for the house that we have talked about prior.

I always make it a point to hug her and kiss her often. She has expressed in the past that a well timed hug makes her feel like I understand what she is going through. So I make sure to do lots of these. I'll pick her up and spin her around in my arms sometimes which makes her laugh.

I mention often that I appreciate that our home is run so well by her and that she does a good job as a mother. I also encourage the children to thank her for the meals she makes and things that she does. Just tonight we were sitting around the dinner table and I had them and myself thank her for making us a great dinner.

I bring her flowers every couple of weeks or so. I try to make it coincide with some kind of event. Like for example, when we closed on our house I bought her flowers and a card. It said "The best thing I like about my life is that you're in it". Another time was when she heard back from the virtual public school people about a possible job.

Two weeks ago, when we moved into our new house. I bought her a scented candle and some wine so that she could take a bath in her new garden tub on the first night. I knew she had been looking forward to it.

I week ago, she placed a large picture up on her easel of her in her wedding dress. It had just been unpacked. So before I left for work that morning, I wrote her a note that said "I was looking at your wedding picture this morning and you are still just as beautiful today as you were then." She texted me later to tell me I was sweet.

Almost every night when we go to bed, I hold her and rub her back as she goes to sleep.

Last night I set the coffee maker so it would be ready for her in the morning. All she had to do was press the button.

I really am always trying to do something. I realize that Dr Harley's program demands quite a bit from a husband. I have been making a very sincere effort to create that environment of affection for many months.

We have also been getting out on dates quite a lot for a long while now. Maybe they have not been the right activities, but we have made an effort to try a wide variety of things. For the past 5 months, we were living with my mother, so the built in babysitting and lack of a mortgage payment even allowed us to do many of those expensive things. We religiously went on dates out of the house every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at a minimum.

Even prior to living with my mother, in our old house, we spent $400 per month hiring a babysitter to come for 3 to 4 hours each time, three nights a week. She would also put the children to bed before we got home. We budgeted another $400 for the dates themselves each month. We cut everywhere else in the budget to be able to do this. That's how we have been able to try such a wide variety of things. And I have been forgoing my own needs for SF on every single one of these dates for nine months now to focus mostly on Fc's needs.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
Maybe we are not doing the right things. It's certainly possible, and it's also possible that Fc is just too tired for our dates to have much of an impact. I'd say that if we weren't out, she would probably rather bed in bed catching up on some sleep. smile

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
I have expressed this to Dr Harley. Here is the guidance I was given. I hope it's OK to post these here but wanted to let others know what his advice has been since this is his program and he is the expert after all.

July 21, 2014:

Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
FightTheFight:

I have three observations regarding your struggle to create a fulfilling sexual relationship with your wife.

First, she is definitely attracted to men who are muscular. If I were you, I'd be "hitting the gym" if I wanted a more passionate and mutually fulfilling sexual experience with her.

Second, massive Love Bank deposits that breach the romantic love threshold make women more sexually responsive and men more affectionate and conversant. I was not optimistic that you would be able to make enough Love Bank deposits while in transition to your new home, so I suggested that you wait and see how your wife responds to being in her own home for a few months. You may find that once you're settled in (and bulk up a bit), your sexual problems will be over.

Third, I have suggested that your wife avoid going back to work until you have reestablished a romantic relationship with her. That would provide her with incentive to speed up your marital recovery, and then, when she has restored her love for you, she would be less tempted to find someone else. She knows what makes the most deposits, and she can guide you in learning how to achieve that objective.

I am reminded of a comment I made to you at the beginning of your program with us. I asked if you would be willing to have her as your wife for the rest of your life if she never did have sex with you again, and you replied that you would be willing. It may come to that. But in the meantime, there are many steps that you can both take together that might eliminate that possibility.

Best wishes,
Dr. Harley

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
So perhaps our best course of action for UA time, would be to spend it together exercising.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
OP Offline
F
I don't know how we will ever get past this problem. She resents me because I won't agree to her having a job. It blocks every single other thing I try to do. Just not talking about it doesn't make it go away. She just resents me for it and resents the program for recommending it.

We are going out tonight, and it just seems like a big waste of time.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
M
M
Just not talking about it doesn't make it go away.

But there is a plan for her to get a job down the road, after the marriage is recovered.

Is it always her that is bringing the subject up?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
It's in response to this:

Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
Yes, that's exactly it. I have always resented having to do the program in the first place and don't expect it to work. Even if he fixed those things, would that make me love him? I don't know. I don't know how to even talk to him bc I resent him so much

I asked her what she resented me for. I thought maybe it was something I could fix.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
Originally Posted by markos
Just not talking about it doesn't make it go away.

But there is a plan for her to get a job down the road, after the marriage is recovered.

Is it always her that is bringing the subject up?
Is she the one who always brings the no job situation up?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

F
OP Offline
F

Yes. I sure don't bring it up. But it was in answer to my inquiry. Why wouldn't she bring it up if that's the truthful answer?

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B

Yes. I sure don't bring it up. But it was in answer to my inquiry. Why wouldn't she bring it up if that's the truthful answer?
Does she understand that there is a plan for her going back to work?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

F
OP Offline
F
I think she does understand that there is a plan. But if you resent the plan itself, I don't see how it can be worked effectively. It's sure not happening in our case.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
B
B
Will she contact your coach with her concerns?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M

What did you ask her?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by markos

What did you ask her?

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I asked her about this. In particular the part in red:

Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
Yes, that's exactly it. I have always resented having to do the program in the first place and don't expect it to work. Even if he fixed those things, would that make me love him? I don't know. I don't know how to even talk to him bc I resent him so much

I asked her what she resented me for. I thought maybe it was something I could fix.

Last edited by FightTheFight; 08/20/14 12:56 PM.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
Page 63 of 67 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation