Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hello friends,<P>Once again I am here for your help. My wife is telling me that she wants "us" to make it once and for all. However, she has been unable to call it quits with the OM.<P>She is past due her cycle by almost 2 weeks...she hasn't mentioned it to me...but I know...she has a calendar at home that she marks AND when she was due..she asked me to go out and get her some napkins...which she has not used. <P>If she is pregnant, I know I am not the father...we have had only two short interrupted sessions of intercourse in the last 4 months and I did not come even close.<BR>She has asked my daughter if she wants a baby brother or sister. She has told me she still wants to have another baby. Given this information, my gut feeling is that she may think she is pregnant, but is unsure of who the father is.<P>My question are: Is there any way to positively identify whether or not she is pregnant without asking her directly? and Will an EPT test work on urine that has already been in the toilet?<P>PLease help soon!

S
S
Hi there<BR>My thoughts are to ask her directly. Mention to her that you noticed she is alte, and ask her if she'd like you to take her in to see a doctor.<P>The likelyhood of a pregnancy test working after the urine has been in the toilet is very low. EPT's measure hormones in the urine, and once it is diluted with water, the concentrations would be very low. Not to mention, this would be a love buster....deceitful. Ask her directly, or wait...but don't do anything behind her back, remember, you are trying to rebuild.<BR>Good luck<P>------------------<BR>You will be stronger because of this.<P>

S
S
Hi<P>The EPT work best with concentrated urine ... the levels of BHCG (pregnancy hormones) are pretty low early on, and this is what an EPT utilises. So it wouldn't work on diluted urine, I'm guessing. No way I know of detecting early pregnancy for absolute, other than urine or blood test.<P>How about just asking her? I know it would be difficult, but if you need to know ... by the way, a woman's cycle can be thrown out a lot by stess, so maybe this might be the case?

S
S
Must have been posting at the same time as Sally! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you for your prompt response. Asking her directly would be a bigger love buster than finding out on my own. Trust me I know this. Every time I have gone directly to her, she has blown up into a major fit.<P>No, at this point, if I can determine that she is pregnant, our marriage is over. I have been extremely patient and forgiving. But I am not willing to bring up another man's child. Particularly when the mother is my wife and has not shown any loyalty to her marriage with me and has not broken it off with another man.<P>I wish it could be different.

K
K Offline
K
John,<P>Given your response to finding out that she is pregnant, I'd suggest that you just wait a couple months. Pregnancy tests won't work on dilute urine. If you can't ask this question directly, then bide your time. It's not like she's going to be able to hide it for a couple years...

O
O
john,<P>You need the date of the first day of her last period. If she is preggo, 14 days after that is the optimum date for conception. Give your self one day on either side of this to still be in the ball park. <P>Where where you on that date?<P>Other points of note:<BR>Sperm can live for three days in a women's fallopian tubes, before actually fertilizing an egg. So, think hard about what was going on between you two during that six day window.<P>just my .02 cents

C
C
John, the other thing is that if she is late something else could be going on. I would ask her how her health is and if she asks why you ask then just tell her your suspicions. Tell her you didn't want to make a big deal about it but were concerned. Maybe she won't blow this way. There has got to be a good way to communicate your suspicions without blowing up into a love bust! Either way, God Bless!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 439 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation