Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
B
B
Originally Posted by markos
Yep, if you want to do that, do it right: get a divorce. You can get one quickly most of the time. It will be much less traumatic for all concerned.

BUT, truly, if you are letting someone make deposits, then you are not thinking straight and can't make a good decision on this. Your children need you to be thinking straight - their mother has already gotten herself a heroin addiction (affair). It is best if their father also does not become addicted to someone else right now.
Yup and having a RA will come back and haunt you.

Also, after you come out of your own fog you're going to regret it.

Moving out is a way to have another EA. Let's call it like it is. You had an EA. You enjoyed someone else meeting your ENs and you want to "check out your options" and rationalize it because of your WW's affair.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Yep, if you want to do that, do it right: get a divorce. You can get one quickly most of the time. It will be much less traumatic for all concerned.

BUT, truly, if you are letting someone make deposits, then you are not thinking straight and can't make a good decision on this. Your children need you to be thinking straight - their mother has already gotten herself a heroin addiction (affair). It is best if their father also does not become addicted to someone else right now.
Yup and having a RA will come back and haunt you.

Also, after you come out of your own fog you're going to regret it.

Moving out is a way to have another EA. Let's call it like it is. You had an EA. You enjoyed someone else meeting your ENs and you want to "check out your options" and rationalize it because of your WW's affair.

I didn't start speaking to someone until I moved out the second time. I made every decision regarding my marriage while I was trying to work it out. I even moved back to make sure I didn't make a mistake because I was questioning my initial decision. I believe I have made the correct decision for myself as far as not wanting to work the marriage out. I have no plans for reconciliation unless it's just unbearable being without my wife which I highly doubt is going to be the case.

I know my actions seem selfish and I have mentioned that I feel awkward/wrong walking out and breaking up my family but I also don't feel like keeping an empty marriage in tact is the answer. I have no clue if I will regret my decision honestly but I do know that my decision wasn't a quick/rash one. It has been 2 1/2 months since I found out about the A and I feel that I am thinking very clear right now. I am moving into my own place, I am in no relationship with any other woman/not even a friendship (the one person I did have a friendship with I cutoff all communication because she was in a relationship. The only thing I am going to focus on is getting a home built for my children when they are with me. WW and I have agreed that we will share custody a week at a time and since I am better off financially I am leaving her all belongings.

About the marriage, I can't even stand any physical contact with WW anymore and I know this is not the basis for a healthy relationship.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
Originally Posted by MrAlias
Then don't. You are an adult and as such should be able to focus your attention and drive to eliminate the wandering eye. Giving your WW a chance to provide you JC and actions that will hopefully bring about intimate feelings will help her avoid experiencing any pain ... as well as the pain you have to be feeling today.

Isn't your wife worth it TX? Do you want to be able to face your children knowing you did everything you could? Do you want to be on your death bed wondering "What if?"

Honestly this was what I wrestled with for about a month. As bad as it sounds I just don't feel like my WW is worth living unhappily the rest of my life. Ever since I found out I haven't been happy when I'm around her, I haven't been able to be there for my kids as I should be because I am just full of resentment and negative feelings when I'm around her. I don't know how to explain it but her trickle truth and lack of remorsefulness when she was going through her withdrawal just was too much to handle and I guess I flipped a switch and checked out. I have felt better since then, I've been a better parent and I've even been nicer to WW. I honestly think its best for everybody in the long run to simply move on

M
M
I would strongly encourage you to end contact with all other women, and then get a divorce.

Ending contact with other women will help to keep your thinking straight.

If you don't want to reconcile, then fast track the divorce.

Will your wife post here?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by txstunnedman
As bad as it sounds I just don't feel like my WW is worth living unhappily the rest of my life.

We all agree. Who in the world is advocating that you live unhappily with your wife the rest of your life?

Ever since I found out I haven't been happy when I'm around her,

Oh, I see, you stopped at the "fight the affair" step and never learned there was a marriage recovery program here?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
Are you protecting your LB from others making deposits?

Honestly, no. I did have a person I spoke to alot for like 2 1/2 weeks. I found out she was engaged and I told her it was best for us not to speak because I would not do that to another man. I think he found out right around the same time and we have cut off all communication.

That is one of the problems, I don't know that I want to cutoff my LB from other people anymore. I did that for 10 1/2 years and as much as other women tried I never let them in and WW did it emotionally once about 5 years ago and then did it again this year but this time it was EA that led to physical and everything imaginable.
Who is this OW? How did you meet her? Does she work with you?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
As bad as it sounds I just don't feel like my WW is worth living unhappily the rest of my life.

We all agree. Who in the world is advocating that you live unhappily with your wife the rest of your life?

Oh, I see, you stopped at the "fight the affair" step and never learned there was a marriage recovery program here?

I was trying to work things out initially. I tried to get WW to read "Surviving an Affair", read the articles on this website, complete the EN questionairre and LB survey but she did neither. The book is still where I put it in her bedroom, the EN Q has 1 page filled out, the LB's one is blank and she didn't ever agree to Dr. Harley's program. The resentment built up that instead of slowly feeling better about the A, I started feeling worse and worse until it was just too much and it sent me over the cliff.

I wanted to work things out but the insult added to the injury was too much for me to put aside. After all the pain, embarrassment, shame, etc; I then had to put up with her entitlement, attitude and her attempting to dictate terms? No, it became too much.

T
OP Offline
T
Are you protecting your LB from others making deposits?

Honestly, no. I did have a person I spoke to alot for like 2 1/2 weeks. I found out she was engaged and I told her it was best for us not to speak because I would not do that to another man. I think he found out right around the same time and we have cut off all communication.

That is one of the problems, I don't know that I want to cutoff my LB from other people anymore. I did that for 10 1/2 years and as much as other women tried I never let them in and WW did it emotionally once about 5 years ago and then did it again this year but this time it was EA that led to physical and everything imaginable.
Who is this OW? How did you meet her? Does she work with you?

She did work at my company (a different campus, we have 3 in town) but does not work here anymore. IDK if her fiance made her leave her job or if they are working on their relationship. I haven't had any contact with her in 2 weeks.

M
M
I hear ya TX.

I'll make one last effort to have you reconsider and then I'll leave you be.

I'd like to have you speak with Dr. Harley. He may confirm what you're feeling and agree in your case separation and divorce is the right choice. Would you consider emailing him or being a caller on his show?

Here is an article that is geared towards you ... if you haven't seen it or read it ...
Overcoming Resentment

Me: 57 Her: 54
M: 31 years
Kids(DS23, DD20, DS18)
J
J

I was trying to work things out initially. I tried to get WW to read "Surviving an Affair", read the articles on this website, complete the EN questionairre and LB survey but she did neither. The book is still where I put it in her bedroom, the EN Q has 1 page filled out, the LB's one is blank and she didn't ever agree to Dr. Harley's program. The resentment built up that instead of slowly feeling better about the A, I started feeling worse and worse until it was just too much and it sent me over the cliff.

I wanted to work things out but the insult added to the injury was too much for me to put aside. After all the pain, embarrassment, shame, etc; I then had to put up with her entitlement, attitude and her attempting to dictate terms? No, it became too much.

Tx,
I never wanted my old wife back either. She was a woman with weak boundaries that allowed herself to have a disgusting affair that humiliated and hurt me. The things she did shook me to my core. One who accused me of abusing my children. Her name was Kris

Thank God that woman is gone. Good riddance.

I have a new wife. One with strong boundaries. One who loves me and honors me as she should. One who strives to meet my EN's even when I sometimes don't deserve it. A woman I love with all my heart. One I trust and who has my back.

Her name is Kris.

I'm so glad I gave my wife a chance to be reborn. I needed it also. If I would have given up I would have missed on an incredible woman and 25 years of marriage and 3 beautiful girls.

Isn't she worth 6 months Tx?

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
N
N
I'll make one last effort to have you reconsider and then I'll leave you be.

I'm not giving up so easily.....and it's because I want you to get the full benefit of your investment.

You exposed, you weathered the storm, you went through her withdrawal and disorientation....and NOW you decide to pack it in?

Would you follow our advice if we could offer you the distinct possibility of your NEXT marriage being significantly more rewarding than your recent one? That your next wife was entirely devoted to you, your ENs and your marital comfort?

Then do what I did - intellectually "end" your current union, and commence another one with the same woman!

That is precisely what I did. I knew myself well enough to comprehend that without that "break" I'd never get past the "yeah, buts...." that would pop up indefinitely. So after a month or so, I arranged for a new "wedding" with my once-and-future Bride. I would not recognize our original anniversary, in May, but only the recovery anniversary in August. Bride never really enjoyed this dichotomy, but realizing that this construct gave us the best shot convinced her to cooperate.

I did this despite NOT having the one factor active in our marriage that you most certainly do in yours - children. At the time, our "baby" was twenty-six years old. And as far as "denying" myself the opportunity of playing the field following a marital termination, dude, I had been with Bride (dating and married) for thirty-seven years! I had NO belief that any subsequent Mrs NG could approach the qualities that the current one had. You, unfortunately, sipped from the poisoned spring!

T
T
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
Well I found out the first week of June so its almost been 3 months but I understand its a relatively short period in the grand scheme of things. The problem is I don't feel the spark, after I found out of the affair we have been intimate and cuddled and hugged but it doesn't feel the same. I don't feel the way I used to, I know deep down I don't. At this point, I don't know if it would do any good and I really don't know if I even want to try. The embarrassment and humiliation for me I think would be too much. I have a real problem accepting that I have to be that guy whose wife cheated on him, made him look like a fool and he kept her. It is a hard pill for me to ever see myself swallowing.

Hi TX,
Be careful here. What you just said is normal BH fogbabble for someone looking for a reason to cat around.

You were married for 13 years. Isn't your wife worth 1 year to see if something new can rise from the ashes?

I understand I did post I met someone else and spoke to them but then cutoff all communication. Thats the problem is I am at the point that I don't want the relationship anymore. I don't want to sneak around, I don't want to lie and I haven't. I have been totally honest with WW about my actions, communication with other women and my intentions. I don't feel the connection or love for a partner as I did before. I don't know how to fix it and I don't think its possible to fix at this point anymore; I just don't feel the same.

What else can I do? I don't want to be in a relationship and have a wandering eye and I don't want to bring the pain I felt to WW. Everybody knows themselves and I know at this point I can't move on in a relationship, its hurt my feelings, pride and me too much. I can't justify what WW did after all we've been through (if you're not familiar with my entire story please read opening posts), the trust will never be there again and the commitment to her will never be there again.

Sneaking or out in the open you starting relationships with women is wrong. You are married.

Being involved with other women will not let you redevelop feelings for your WW.

One of the first things learnt on MB when I started reading here, and that was years before I started posting. Was that no important life changing decisions should be made for 6 months after dday. THe reason is that the BS's mind is still processing dday.

Would your kids being raised in their home by both of their parents be in the best interests of the family?

The answer is yes. No 1 motivation for you to stop dating and see if WW can follow MB.

T
OP Offline
T
So I need some help.

An quick update on what has happened in my situation. My WW ended all communication with OM and the A is over. She closed all social media with the exception of instagram and pinterest. She has GPS on her phone so I can track her location at all times and I have access to her work email.

The issue at hand is I still don't trust her. She has an iphone and if she turns on iMessage the text messages do not show up on the cell phone bill. I have asked it be turned off and she complied and only turns it on when she is around me so she can text her family. The problem is I am not 100% sure she doesn't turn it on other times and after everything that has happened the doubt is a huge LB for me. 2 weeks ago we went on vacation to visit her sister 26 hours away. We drove so we could take our kids because flights would be too expensive. I have built up the habit of checking her text logs to make sure nothing stands out to me. I noticed a number I did not recognize so I investigated and the messages were not in her phone. There were about 40 messages total (20 from each party).

I asked my wife about it and she said she didn't delete and didn't know who the number was. She lied about this and confessed to lying. She told me who the message was and it was a person she dated over 10 years ago. She said he text her on the road as we were driving back from vacation and she said she was texting small things back and forth just making conversation because she didn't know who it was and was just making conversation to not be rude. She then asked who it was and he identified himself and she claims she stopped texting.

She claims she didn't want to fight and was afraid to fight and she panicked and deleted the messages. She claims she was trying to figure out how to tell me so we didn't fight. Now, I have huge resentment issues. My wife is the only person I've ever had sex with and the A has been impossible for me to let go of resentment over. I have never cheated on wife during our relationship and I can't get over the fact that she is the only person I've ever been with and will only ever be with if I continue this marriage. I also am fed up with her making mistakes and me constantly staying in the marriage despite them. I feel like a complete moron and I have lost all my self respect and I don't know how to let it go.

First of all, my WW doesn't seem to have any common sense and is very nieve. I guess my question is when do I finally move and give up because she doesn't seem to learn to think about consequences of her actions. I have been miserable since DDay back in may of last year and my resentment has taken over. I would cheat on my wife just to spite her honestly and I don't want to be this person or feel this way any more. I have no clue what to do.

WW now says she is willing to do everything, give cell up phone all together, cancel the instagram, pinterest but I just feel zero love as a wife. I care for her well being dearly as she has been my best friend for the last decade but I don't want to be in the marriage any more becuase I feel like such a fool. I don't feel respected and I have completely lost any/all enjoyment. I hate constantly checking on her and keeping tabs, I hate the feeling when something triggers me and I completely feel totally overtaken and consumed with the mistrust and alienation.

Last edited by txstunnedman; 03/27/14 01:08 PM.
D
D
So I need some help.

An quick update on what has happened in my situation. My WW ended all communication with OM and the A is over. She closed all social media with the exception of instagram and pinterest. She has GPS on her phone so I can track her location at all times and I have access to her work email.

The issue at hand is I still don't trust her. She has an iphone and if she turns on iMessage the text messages do not show up on the cell phone bill. I have asked it be turned off and she complied and only turns it on when she is around me so she can text her family. The problem is I am not 100% sure she doesn't turn it on other times and after everything that has happened the doubt is a huge LB for me. 2 weeks ago we went on vacation to visit her sister 26 hours away. We drove so we could take our kids because flights would be too expensive. I have built up the habit of checking her text logs to make sure nothing stands out to me. I noticed a number I did not recognize so I investigated and the messages were not in her phone. There were about 40 messages total (20 from each party).

I asked my wife about it and she said she didn't delete and didn't know who the number was. She lied about this and confessed to lying. She told me who the message was and it was a person she dated over 10 years ago. She said he text her on the road as we were driving back from vacation and she said she was texting small things back and forth just making conversation because she didn't know who it was and was just making conversation to not be rude. She then asked who it was and he identified himself and she claims she stopped texting.

She claims she didn't want to fight and was afraid to fight and she panicked and deleted the messages. She claims she was trying to figure out how to tell me so we didn't fight. Now, I have huge resentment issues. My wife is the only person I've ever had sex with and the A has been impossible for me to let go of resentment over. I have never cheated on wife during our relationship and I can't get over the fact that she is the only person I've ever been with and will only ever be with if I continue this marriage. I also am fed up with her making mistakes and me constantly staying in the marriage despite them. I feel like a complete moron and I have lost all my self respect and I don't know how to let it go.

First of all, my WW doesn't seem to have any common sense and is very nieve. I guess my question is when do I finally move and give up because she doesn't seem to learn to think about consequences of her actions. I have been miserable since DDay back in may of last year and my resentment has taken over. I would cheat on my wife just to spite her honestly and I don't want to be this person or feel this way any more. I have no clue what to do.

WW now says she is willing to do everything, give cell up phone all together, cancel the instagram, pinterest but I just feel zero love as a wife. I care for her well being dearly as she has been my best friend for the last decade but I don't want to be in the marriage any more becuase I feel like such a fool. I don't feel respected and I have completely lost any/all enjoyment. I hate constantly checking on her and keeping tabs, I hate the feeling when something triggers me and I completely feel totally overtaken and consumed with the mistrust and alienation.

This would be a good question for the radio show. I'm no where near this part in my own situation but if it were me I would be happy that she is willing to do what it takes. Would she come here and post?

A
A
Can you have her come here and post? Read other threads? My h is reading kiss's thread, it has been very eye opening.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
T
OP Offline
T
I will suggest it to her. She is just now showing interest in actually learning about the MB principles.

I really need help with my emotions. I have alot of anger and resentment built up and have been having a hard time controlling my outbursts. I need to figure out what will help me get rid of some of the resentment and bitterness.

M
M
I will suggest it to her. She is just now showing interest in actually learning about the MB principles.

I really need help with my emotions. I have alot of anger and resentment built up and have been having a hard time controlling my outbursts. I need to figure out what will help me get rid of some of the resentment and bitterness.

You are in luck, because that is one of Dr. Harley's specialties:

Anger Management 101

D
D
I knew their was AOs didn't want to over reach. Your anger doesn't foster a radical honest environment. Have you read Surviving the Affair? In it talks about liars. I think your wife is a stay out of trouble liar because of your angry reactions to her honesty when she is honest. Prisca has a nice link about angry husbands maybe you should read those too.

T
OP Offline
T
So I emailed the radio show yesterday and am awaiting to hear back. Here is the email I sent that tells my whole story so you don't have to read through the thread.

A couple of updates from yesterday: Wife spent the night last night and advised she didnt want any physical contact but in the middle of the night allowed me to hug her to the morning. She said in the morning she doesn't want a relationship and won't stay over again (she said this last time she stayed over about 2-3 weeks ago).

I found out she's texting/snap chatting another guy that she knew from high school 10-11 years ago. This probably has been going on less than a week but he is already a top friend on her snap chat so it has to have been several messages. Last week she was totally wrapped up in the guy she was seeing so I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking to other guys.

She has been pushing me away for the last 3-4 weeks after saying she loved me and staying at my house 4-5 days a week the previous 3-4 weeks.

You can read the letter I sent to Dr Harley and it lays everything out from beginning to now. I realized I love her and will not be happy with anyone else and have realized the infidelity and even the current situation is something that is not worth the next 40-50 years. She's worth it to me and I want my family back together and I want to see it through. I just need some advice or encouragement or something. I'm hurting pretty bad right now. Sorry so long...

My name is TSM, I live in TX. I became a member of your MB message board last year in June when I discovered my wife had an affair. I am currently on the brink of divorce. Both my wife and I have contributed to the state of our marriage problems and I would probably say to an equal extent if I am being honest. I have a couple of questions and would like some guidance and advice. I want to know if it is possible to save our marriage in your expert opinion and if so what actions and plan I need to follow to give my marriage the best opportunity. I will provide you the background below and will try to be as honest and open as possible.

My wife and I have been together for 11 � years and married for 3 of those in August. We began dating in February of 2003 (my senior year of high school and her sophomore year). I was 17 at the time and she was 16. When we began our relationship I had never been with another woman sexually (nor have I to this day), she was more experienced and had been with other men (or boys at that time). My wife got pregnant in about May of 2003, we found out in about June or July. I decided to not go away to college but instead attend a local college upon graduation to stay near her and our child and to continue our relationship. We have 4 children ages 10, 9, 7 and 5 (our oldest passed away in 2009 from brain cancer).

I believe our first problems started here and were my fault. When I was younger I think I felt like I was not in love, I thought I wanted a different person (not anyone specific just thought I could do better, I had a child�s mentality) and was not 100% committed to our relationship. When we first started dating I was in the infatuation stage and even though I don�t think I was in love I was completely consumed by our relationship. I was a kid in his teens and early 20�s, in college around all my friends who had no children and so I partied a lot and was not a good partner at all and frankly was immature. My wife holds a lot of resentment regarding this up to this day.

We moved out of town (about an hour and a half) away from our families in May of 2006. Her family was very outspoken and were very intrusive to our marriage and I felt the best thing for us if we were going to make our relationship work was to move away. I was our primary provider and she stayed home. She was very immature at this point and would not work on the household and wasn�t a very good wife at this time. I built up resentment and really demeaned her a lot during this time. I know this is not the right approach but at the time I didn�t know any better, I just wanted more from her but didn�t know how to effectively handle it or communicate. In the fall/winter of 2007 she had an emotional affair and met up with the gentleman and kissed him once (according to her this was all that happened). I was upset about this and honestly we really never recovered from it properly. I didn�t find out about the meeting until 2009. In August of 2008 we found out our daughter had brain cancer and everything else was put on hold. Our total focus was on her treatment and her fight lasted 6 months before she passed away on Valentine�s day of 2009, 3 days after her 5th birthday.

I went directly back to work 2 weeks after her funeral and resumed my responsibilities as the provider. My wife suffered from depression and anxiety directly following my daughter�s death. I was so shell shocked and determined to provide that I was not hit with depression immediately. I also didn�t provide the emotional support she needed, I don�t really know why honestly and it was totally my fault. I know this and I know I fell short of what she needed during this time. She got through it and moved on, I however had a lot of guilt regarding my daughter�s death and depression slowly took me over. After a few years the depression really got to me and broke me. I was unhappy with everything (not even my children brought me joy). I was not there for my wife emotionally nor physically. I don�t think she realized it was depression nor did I. She thought I was seeing someone else or interested in finding someone else. Our relationship got very bad (all because of me). She tried to do things differently but I was so overtaken by depression without medication or counseling that I got deeper and deeper. I became dependent/addicted to pornography during this time to get my physical needs met and was not there for my wife emotionally or physically. Honestly, I was on such a destructive path I would have had an affair given the opportunity. It wasn�t for lack of love of my wife, I was just so lost.

This led to my wife having an affair. Her needs were not being met and someone stepped in and said all the right things and she had an emotional affair that turned physical. The affair lasted about 3-4 months. She was wrapped up in it as you know and was ready to leave me but her affair partner didn�t want the commitment. This has been the last year and a half of our life. I found out in June of 2013 and we spent about 2 weeks apart initially. We tried to reconcile, mainly using the MB principles. I felt like just compensation was never provided as a NC letter was never sent, the remorse and accountability from her never came. After about 3-4 months of trying to institute the MB principles in our marriage my wife started complaining about our lifestyle, the boundaries that were established and this caused a lot of resentment on my part. In May of 2014 I had enough and told her I wanted a separation and divorce. We both started seeing other people at this time, even before I moved out of the house. I think I said it to try and scare her more than anything but I couldn�t deal with her seeing other people. She was living a very destructive lifestyle speaking to any and everybody, sexting, ect.

In August I finally moved out and honestly was so fed up I didn�t want the marriage anymore. My resentment had run its course. I started dating women and reaching out to any woman possible. After about a month and a half I had turned down a couple of women who wanted to further a relationship but I was not looking for a relationship. My wife also started staying over at my apartment during this time and I think having her there really sparked my love to start coming back for her and my anger had subsided. It made me realize I didn�t want anyone else and I started falling in love with her again. I was very guarded of my feelings and was afraid to open up too fast and honestly I didn�t open up at all to her even though my feelings were slowly returning. This went on for about 3 weeks. My wife would say she loved me and would seek the companionship but I couldn�t give it to her. I did give her the time and allowed myself to spend 5 � 6 days a week for about 3 weeks with her. All of a sudden she stopped coming over and this was about 3 � 3 1/2 weeks ago. I found out on Halloween that she spent the night with someone else (about a week after she stopped spending time with me) and when I asked about it she said she no longer wanted to work on us and she wanted to pursue a relationship with this man.

This brings us to today, she has been seeing him for about 3-5 weeks (not 100% sure on the timeline). She was totally enamored with him and I understand how it works. I know the newness of the relationship and the excitement is what has her in her present state but she has closed her LB to me. She is treating me as someone engaging in an affair would (I know based on the MB principles this is considered an Affair but we were not in a relationship and had lived apart for about 3 months at this point). I believe over the weekend she and her partner had a fight or maybe she was convinced to take time away from him to get her life straight (get a divorce) from her family. They were upset with her because she is running to the relationship and isn�t taking the time to develop it. She has told me she wants a divorce and that she is done trying to fix our marriage. She has said she quit, she is tired of getting hurt and she doesn�t believe she can be happy with me and doesn�t believe I can change. I know she is angry right now with me (because I did any and everything to try and cause problems in her relationship � not the typical plan A I know). I was just so affected and hurt and honestly didn�t believe I would be that I couldn�t stop from trying to end the relationship. I did not have angry outbursts but tried discussing emotional topics and she was completely checked out and not interested.

I know I have made many mistakes along the way but I know I love my wife. I don�t know what else to do, we are already living separately, everybody knows about her relationship (I exposed this weekend to family) but she maintains she wants a divorce (our conversation yesterday). I feel like she is angry but it is so hard when she is so cold to me and acts like she wants nothing to do with me. I have text her and not fought for the last 2-3 days in an attempt to Plan A but I just need some reassurance more than anything that there is some hope.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

N
N
why do you want your cheating unremorsful STBXW back ? do you even realise that you are her plan B ?

non
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation