Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
M
M
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
Yes I sent it twice.

They already answered your email on the air. What did you think of the response?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Unfortunately I missed it

S
OP Offline
S
I will have to go back and try to find it after the holidays.

S
OP Offline
S
So anyway the new guy suddenly posted on Facebook that he is in a long distance relationship with a girl from the state he moved from and my DD got so mad it was ridiculous.

I don�t know and she may be a lot of things but she is not a liar and she said that he had been telling her that they could work towards being more than friends and then all of the sudden she saw this post and went a little crazy on him.

She blocked him from all social media and all of her friends have posted nasty messages to him on all social media, some of them opened accounts just to do that, I feel like she is in High School again but I am actually glad things did not work out with this guy.

I kept telling her she needed to date around anyway and she was worried about meeting guys, well heck because of social media everyone knows she is single now and the guys have been contacting her so she has been dating and I am glad.

B
B
Has she ever been married?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
No

B
B
I think this might be the day it was on. This is the whole show and it might be the last segment. Please tell us if it is.

Radio Clip of 12-09-14's Show

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes that was mine. I did not get to finish listening to it but I will finish it. I should have explained more to them and I do not know why they were saying divorced daughter.

I did notice he said not to make her leave though so at least my thought for that was ok.

I will post more when I can finish listening to the end of what was said.

B
B
Yes that was mine. I did not get to finish listening to it but I will finish it. I should have explained more to them and I do not know why they were saying divorced daughter.

I did notice he said not to make her leave though so at least my thought for that was ok.

I will post more when I can finish listening to the end of what was said.
Here's just your segment.
Radio Clip of Still_Crazy's Question

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
OP Offline
S
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill

I
I
Wow that's another really excellent quote. I'm half minded to steal that one for my signature as it sums up MB values perfectly.

You seem happier about things, I'm glad.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Wow that's another really excellent quote. I'm half minded to steal that one for my signature as it sums up MB values perfectly.

That's funny because I keep posting quotes about being a giver because I catch so much grief for it but all of these quotes are how I think about giving.

I don�t know if happier is the right word because I wasn�t sad before but things are definitely a lot less stressful and tense with the exBF gone from the house and I actually like that the other guy is not hanging out either.

L
L
That's funny because I keep posting quotes about being a giver because I catch so much grief for it but all of these quotes are how I think about giving.

I listened to your segment and loved what Dr Harley said about being selfish. He said that being selfish is fine as long as it does not negatively impact others. By way of example, he said that marrying Joyce was the most selfish thing he could have done; he did it so that he could have her all to himself.

Did that reassure you about your daughter?

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
S
OP Offline
S
I would rather wait until I listen to the rest of it this evening.

I
I

The quote talks about the importance of both! It's very, very good indeed to be a giver. Taking is the basic requirement of looking after ourselves or 'earning a living' (before we can look after others) but obviously the next step is to give and share. MB does support giving so long as it's not harmful to the self. A bit like spending money on art but only once you've paid the rent. I thought your quote summed up that beautifully.

I'm really glad things are settling for you.

Last edited by indiegirl; 12/18/14 03:54 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
Well I just finished listening and oh my goodness, it was really my fault for not explaining better, however once they figured it out it was perfect a advice.

I did not think that I needed to throw her out but she has to figure it out on her own. I will get what book did he suggest, I think his needs her needs, I will have to listen again crazy for her. I will take any help I can get.

Thanks for pushing me to ask. smile

S
OP Offline
S

The quote talks about the importance of both! It's very, very good indeed to be a giver. Taking is the basic requirement of looking after ourselves or 'earning a living' (before we can look after others) but obviously the next step is to give and share. MB does support giving so long as it's not harmful to the self. A bit like spending money on art but only once you've paid the rent. I thought your quote summed up that beautifully.

I'm really glad things are settling for you.

When I say that I am all giver that is my feeling so I get quotes every day in e-mail and the ones that seem fitting I have been posting.

S
OP Offline
S
happynewyr

S
OP Offline
S
My goodness, I can finally say that she is doing something positive. She is now taking anti-depressants and I can tell a difference in her attitude.

Maybe she will come around eventually.

S
OP Offline
S
We need to be willing to give ourselves, and there will be new life for us in this New Year and in every year. If we give our joy to others, it will come back to us.

. . . . Norman Vincent Peale

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,198 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation