Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
markos #2838002 01/08/15 06:00 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by HeartBrokenlost
I know myself better than anyone and moving is absolutely the wrong thing for me. I will not live with hate in my heart.

I don't see what "hate in your heart" has to do with moving.

I also don't believe you can read minds and tell what is in people's hearts.
It's not the hate in you heart that is concerning to me. It is your head that is in the sand.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
F
F
HBL is under the impression that if she does not agree to move she will get no further help from this forum. If that the black and white of it?

I don't personally think she will ever agree to moving at this point. And that's pretty much all she hears. It's kind of frustrating for me because the deeper issue is she doesn't seem to see the reason why that's even being advised. At least I don't think she does. Even if she stands firm on her position not to move away it concerns me even more that she doesn't see the extreme importance of no contact at all. After all, even her own counselor has advised it.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
M
M
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
HBL is under the impression that if she does not agree to move she will get no further help from this forum. If that the black and white of it?

WE will help her, but it will all be focused on persuading her to move. The reason is because she can't move onto step two until she does does step one. Recovery is impossible unless she moves.

We can continue to discuss the reasons she has to move, though. That is not going to change. When the Titanic is sinking, you don't talk about the price of tea in China.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I

I don't personally think she will ever agree to moving at this point. And that's pretty much all she hears. It's kind of frustrating for me because the deeper issue is she doesn't seem to see the reason why that's even being advised. At least I don't think she does. Even if she stands firm on her position not to move away it concerns me even more that she doesn't see the extreme importance of no contact at all. After all, even her own counselor has advised it.

Anything we advise is futile when resumption of the A is likely and her own triggers on hearing about OWs latest adventures are likely to keep her resentment alive.

Since she's done everything but move she shouldn't have any more problems unless living near OW causes problems....which of course it will.

If she thinks she's done everything necessary to create happiness then what else does she needs help with? All should be ticketyboo.

TBH, who among us accepted every part of the plan first go around? We all failed to follow one part and some of us paid dearly but learned truly.

She can come back whenever she sees a problem with Plan HBL. If she's truly fortunate the next sickening discovery will fall short of OW becoming the kids stepmother and a nasty, expensive divorce.

I don't see how she is to avoid another Dday though. Perhaps if her own betrayal triggers inspire her to move first.

I've always felt they are a survival mechanism.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
How do you save someone who refuses to leave a sinking ship? There is no future for the marriage if there in even the slightest contact between the affair partners. The decision to move was already made by her husband when he started his affair. Making a choice between her marriage and her home might not seem fair to her, but that is reality. How can we advise differently?

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
F
F
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Anything we advise is futile when resumption of the A is likely and her own triggers on hearing about OWs latest adventures are likely to keep her resentment alive.

Since she's done everything but move she shouldn't have any more problems unless living near OW causes problems....which of course it will.

If she thinks she's done everything necessary to create happiness then what else does she needs help with? All should be ticketyboo.

TBH, who among us accepted every part of the plan first go around? We all failed to follow one part and some of us paid dearly but learned truly.

She can come back whenever she sees a problem with Plan HBL. If she's truly fortunate the next sickening discovery will fall short of OW becoming the kids stepmother and a nasty, expensive divorce.

I don't see how she is to avoid another Dday though. Perhaps if her own betrayal triggers inspire her to move first.

I always like your posts indiegirl.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
F
F
I'll just make one more reply to this thread. It's a quote from another thread actually but it kind of sums up my thoughts. I took the liberty of changing one word.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
CV, what you mis-perceive as posters reliving something anger/hate is actually the reaction one would have watching a person sit on the railroad tracks while the train is coming at him. Would it be realistic to sit by quietly and say some cute, calm words while a fellow human being sits on the RR tracks completely unaware that a train is headed his way?

Because that is usually the case with most BS's when they show up here. Most are being gaslighted by their WS's and they WANT to believe that everything really is ok. When we tell them "no, no, it is not ok!!! it is a trick!!" They sometimes get mad. They just don't believe what is headed their way. [at first - they almost always get it soon enough, but sometimes soon is too late] They are in shock and don't WANT to believe it. But, their survival depends on them WAKING UP AND GETTING OFF THE TRAIN TRACKS.

Now, when some poor deluded BS gets angry because we point out the train headed towards them does a caring person stop yelling at them to GET OFF THE TRACK or does a caring person ply them with some cute, enabling words?

I am not forthright because I am reliving anything, I am forthright and urgent because I SEE WHAT IS COMING IF THEY DON'T GET UP. The longer you are around here, the more apparent the signs will be and the less willing you are to sit by quietly while the train comes for that person.

My issue is that my human decency will not allow me to sit there when I see a train headed for my fellow human being. Now, if they refuse to listen after I have warned them, that is another thing. I cannot force someone to listen to me. But when someone doesn't listen, I will tell you honestly that I GRIEVE INSIDE FOR THEM. It is painful to watch someone sit there while the train rolls over them.

Lack of grace? Maybe. I have been accused of much worse. But be assured it has nothing to do with reliving something anger/hate, it has everything to do with simple human decency.

Me (42)

DS(11)
DD(7)

Recovered
I
I
Originally Posted by indiegirl

I always like your posts indiegirl.

I like your willingness to help others too.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
Originally Posted by HeartBrokenlost
I called her a whore in the beginning I no longer have that feeling and I call her by name now. I am sorry if you guys still have the hate in your heart because that dosent do anything but hurt you not the other person. You can not go on thinking because this path you chose to take helped you, so it will help everyone else.

Nobody told you that in order to follow MB that you needed to call the OW a whore and hate her. That is simply a manipulation on your part to dismiss the advice you are getting here by implying such a thing.

This isn't rocket science. The OW poses a threat to your M. Your WH cannot be around her ever again without endangering your M. The OW being a neighbor means that you do not have "NO CONTACT" implemented.

Not only does Dr Harley stress the importance of this, but those of us who have read and posted here on the forums for any length of time know without a doubt this is true. We see folks come back over and over again saying "You were right".

Nobody is going to pat you on the back and tell you what you want to hear - when we know what the end result is going to be. A marriage that does not recover.

You can ignore the advice and that is fine but please do not attack posters by telling them they have "hate" in their heart. That is pretty rude after all the time and effort people put into trying to help you!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2838151 01/09/15 03:52 PM
B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation