Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
M
M
Originally Posted by Texan44
Originally Posted by markos
I don't want to snoop on my wife

Don't expect success if you skip the parts of the plan you don't want to do.

I don't think my wife is having an affair, though. Why should the "dealing with an affair" parts be relevant to my situation? I am not trying to skip anything, sincerely.

It turns out that what people to do deal with an affair successfully is ALSO what people do to have a good marriage. So, if you want to turn your marriage around, get after it.

Dr. Harley and his wife Joyce follow ALL of the "dealing with an affair" parts of Marriage Builders, and neither one of them has ever had an affair, and they have a great marriage.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Prisca
I don't want to snoop on my wife.
I am plenty snoopy, believe me.
Both cannot be true.

I am always around. When she is on the phone I know who she is talking to, I check the call logs. I check the outgoing text logs if I think something seems wrong. The distinction I was making was about having someone physically follow her or hiring a PI.

P
P
But you won't always be around if she's at the gym and you are not.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Should I insist that we go to the same gym and work out together? What do I do when she says no?
Go with her anyway!

She is planning on going when I am at work. My office is too far from the gym to make leaving, working out, coming back a reality and keep my job. I am also the only one working at the moment. She tried hard to get another job but because she only had a 2 year degree lots of doors were closed, which is why she is in online classes to finish her undergrad.

M
M
Should I insist that we go to the same gym and work out together? What do I do when she says no?
Go with her anyway!

She is planning on going when I am at work. My office is too far from the gym to make leaving, working out, coming back a reality and keep my job. I am also the only one working at the moment. She tried hard to get another job but because she only had a 2 year degree lots of doors were closed, which is why she is in online classes to finish her undergrad.

Marriage > Job

Go anyway, at least a time or two. Show up unannounced to surprise her. Cheerfully. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
She is planning on going when I am at work.
Hence the very wise suggestion to have either a friend follow her or a PI.

I know if I were planning such a thing, markos would take off work and randomly show up to see me. He was always annoying that way.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T

I know this. It makes me feel sick inside from even the potential, but I cannot see how to get around it right now. I don't know how. I have sent her another text reiterating my desire to work out together as it used to be something we enjoyed. I told her I do not want to let it pass simply because of money. Will see how she responds. I am not asking for permission, but coordination. I could get a membership right now, but I can't be certain when she'll go or that she'll not intentionally go when she knows I can't be there. I just don't have open options here.

P
P
Even if she's not planning anything, gyms are very dangerous places for married women to go alone. The few times I went without markos, I always had at least one man hit on me.

Your wife is going to get a lot of attention from males that she WILL enjoy.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Good to know you are snooping.

My call is that she is testing you. Bit like a girl with a new boyfriend who has a bad rep.

I sincerely hope that is the case. I can usually read her like a book because we've been together so long but she can also be very cold when she wants to. When she's like that I find it much harder to figure her out.

P
P

I know this. It makes me feel sick inside from even the potential, but I cannot see how to get around it right now. I don't know how. I have sent her another text reiterating my desire to work out together as it used to be something we enjoyed. I told her I do not want to let it pass simply because of money. Will see how she responds. I am not asking for permission, but coordination. I could get a membership right now, but I can't be certain when she'll go or that she'll not intentionally go when she knows I can't be there. I just don't have open options here.

Options have been suggested. You've just put your hands over your ears while you continue to whistle.

If your marriage is your priority, you will find a way to keep an eye on her.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Good to know you are snooping.

My call is that she is testing you. Bit like a girl with a new boyfriend who has a bad rep.

I sincerely hope that is the case. I can usually read her like a book because we've been together so long but she can also be very cold when she wants to. When she's like that I find it much harder to figure her out.

Hope is not a plan.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
I know if I were planning such a thing, markos would take off work and randomly show up to see me. He was always annoying that way.

laugh

T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I sent her another message. I asked if she would be willing to work out at night with me instead, if I found a way to make the money work. She said, "maybe." Will see what happens.

B
B

Once you find out what the price is you can better approach her with that info vs not knowing how much it will cost and speculating. If your son is interested in the gym, he could maybe go with his mom when you can't. You could also go as a family; do they have a family rate?

For those who have not seen a Lifetime Fitness, they are MASSIVE...rock climbing walls, spa services, a salon, cafe, etc. Even if your wife went during the day you could still try to persuade her to go a second time with you...she could go relax in the sauna. Or you can rock climb together. My point is you sell it to her so that it would be difficult for her to say no to you going together. Plus you have the added benefit of showing your face around the club and letting men/staff know that yes that's MY WIFE just by your presence.

Look for where you can cut costs to afford this and make it happen.

As for the concert...why not all three of you go? Since she is already trying to shoot it down as a date, sell it as family time. At least she will be there. Then you can look for a more intimate event for just the two of you.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am more than willing to pay whatever at this point thanks raven. I am going to take the initiative and make it happen one way or another.
Even if I have to take money out of retirement account to do it.

I think we are all on board for Saturday concert. We will make it a family outing and have a great time. I know my wife likes to see me doing "dad things" and of course I absolutely love spending time with my boys.

EDIT: My older son definitely doesn't want to spend the money to go to Lifetime. His roommate goes to another much cheaper gym and he'll likely join there.

Last edited by Texan44; 02/26/15 02:20 PM.
I
I
Originally Posted by black_raven
My point is you sell it to her so that it would be difficult for her to say no to you going together. Plus you have the added benefit of showing your face around the club and letting men/staff know that yes that's MY WIFE just by your presence.

Excellent idea. You could also show up to haggle a deal with the staff. 'My wife loves it here but we don't know whether it's affordable as a couple?'

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

T
Texan44 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am completely devastated. I hacked my wife's iMessage and routed it to my iPad and she has indeed been having a long distance EA. Some guy she met on a plane last time she went to visit her mom. 10 years younger. Nothing physical has happened because he is 2000 miles away. I told her she didn't have to leave the house but if she stayed she had to break it off right now in front of me, delete his info, and block the number from the phone. She complied but then told me she was going to shut down so we will both be miserable and depressed. She is downstairs crying. I don't even know what to feel. I still want to save our marriage but I don't think she even cares at this point. I feel empty. She says she doesn't think she is meant to be married. Everything I saw as hope was an absolute lie to keep me in the dark on her part.

Last edited by Texan44; 02/27/15 02:01 AM.
I
I
I'm so sorry, Texan, I know how that feels

You need to get an exposure plan together. Who is this weasel?

It's actually good news. You've diagnosed the real problem and can bust it up. You had no chance to make lovebank deposits during an EA. The weeping and wailing right now is just the fog - which exposure takes care of.

Last edited by indiegirl; 02/27/15 02:39 AM.

I
I
She says she doesn't think she is meant to be married. .

You will hear her say a lot of dumb stuff.

B
B
I am completely devastated. I hacked my wife's iMessage and routed it to my iPad and she has indeed been having a long distance EA. Some guy she met on a plane last time she went to visit her mom. 10 years younger. Nothing physical has happened because he is 2000 miles away. I told her she didn't have to leave the house but if she stayed she had to break it off right now in front of me, delete his info, and block the number from the phone. She complied but then told me she was going to shut down so we will both be miserable and depressed. She is downstairs crying. I don't even know what to feel. I still want to save our marriage but I don't think she even cares at this point. I feel empty. She says she doesn't think she is meant to be married. Everything I saw as hope was an absolute lie to keep me in the dark on her part.

Sorry Texan but this fantasy EA is going nowhere...some guy on a plane who lives 2k miles away isn't going to hang around. When did she meet him?

I would confront this man by phone. Call him and tell him you are XXX's husband, Texan44...that you have been married for xx years and your oldest son also won't appreciate someone messing with his mom...that if he has any sense at all he will leave your wife alone unless he wants a whole lot of trouble. Don't threaten or yell but very firmly tell him to get lost and lose your wife's number permanently. If he tries to respond, tell him shut up and don't EVER contact your wife again...click.

Most OM are scared off if they think some "crazed" husband may hunt them down.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation