Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Roughrock18 #2845028 02/26/15 01:34 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Roughrock18
So my wife and I had another fight last night, because she had to meet a girl after work, that used to be an enabler of her workplace EA.

She actually discussed this with me beforehand. The girl is leaving that job, and will not be returning to work, and asked my wife if she would get some stuff out of her work locker. I was fine with it.

No you weren't fine with it, it caused a fight. Don't agree to ideas from your Giver that don't make your Taker happy. If you mistakenly thought you would be fine with this, now you know that was a big mistake; don't make this kind of mistake again.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
SusieQ #2845030 02/26/15 01:37 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by SusieQ
RR, this is a no brainer. She should not have gone out with a supporter of the EA. It DID trigger you and DID lead to a FIGHT about the OM.

I have absolutely NO IDEA why you would agree to such a thing when you are already describe yourself as having PTSD symptoms, being triggered etc, and the recovery is extremely rocky at best. Good grief!

What am I missing here??

Like I said SusieQ, It is not like they were getting together as friends. She just asked a favor of my wife to pick up some of her stuff from work since she got another job. They met at a grocery store parking lot, and my wife gave her the stuff from her work locker.

It would have been a whole different situation if it was to go get together as friends.

Roughrock18 #2845031 02/26/15 01:42 PM
S
S
RR, this is a no brainer. She should not have gone out with a supporter of the EA. It DID trigger you and DID lead to a FIGHT about the OM.

I have absolutely NO IDEA why you would agree to such a thing when you are already describe yourself as having PTSD symptoms, being triggered etc, and the recovery is extremely rocky at best. Good grief!

What am I missing here??

Like I said SusieQ, It is not like they were getting together as friends. She just asked a favor of my wife to pick up some of her stuff from work since she got another job. They met at a grocery store parking lot, and my wife gave her the stuff from her work locker.

It would have been a whole different situation if it was to go get together as friends.

I am going to step aside and let the others help you. Good luck.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Roughrock18 #2845032 02/26/15 01:44 PM
P
P
Not really.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2845033 02/26/15 01:51 PM
P
P
I just want to know for myself if it was physical. Then from there it would be my decision to recover. The truth does matter to me. I want to know.
But you have already decided to recover, and you have decided that even if the affair was physical you would still want to recover.

So the outcome of any polygraph will not determine if you want to recover or not. It will not give you any information that you need in order to recover.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Roughrock18 #2845034 02/26/15 01:53 PM
M
M

What am I missing here??

It still bothered you, though, and you had a fight with her about it! It triggered you. Stop agreeing to this stuff.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Prisca #2845036 02/26/15 01:55 PM
U
U
I would not have been able to recover without the full truth.

I would have filed for divorce if my H had refused the poly.

I needed to know the truth and I think for my H to invest emotionally he needed to not have any more secrets. So the poly ultimately for us was a critical step in cleaning the slate and being able to focus on the here and now.

What you are saying here is that you will not be able to recover without the truth, but you do not want to file for divorce. But you may not have the luxury of getting the truth so then what? I guess that is what you need to decide.

Your wife does not seem to care much about healing you, or be on board with EP's and POJA at all. I am not at all surprised that she finds a poly 'insulting.' Your decision is whether you are willing to live like this, or not.

markos #2845038 02/26/15 01:56 PM
P
P
I have been doing an amazing plan A. I have become such a good husband.
But you still fight with her. How is that an amazing Plan A?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

unwritten #2845043 02/26/15 02:12 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by unwritten
I would not have been able to recover without the full truth.

I would have filed for divorce if my H had refused the poly.
You are also a woman. Men can recover without the full truth, and sometimes have to.

RR has said that he would want to recover regardless of what the truth is. He's already decided. He would like to have the truth, but he has decided on recovery regardless of what it is.

He cannot force his wife to take a polygraph. She doesn't want to. There is no real reason to, other than he'd like to know some things, but they have no bearing on recovery.

This is not the hill to die on.

RR, did you relisten to those radio shows? Your wife is going to be a tough nut to crack, and you're going to have to be very careful how you handle her. Those shows are going to be vital for you to listen to on a regular basis to keep it up.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2845045 02/26/15 02:15 PM
P
P
Will you get back on ADs?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2845058 02/26/15 02:38 PM
R
OP Offline
R

Originally Posted by Prisca
RR, did you relisten to those radio shows? Your wife is going to be a tough nut to crack, and you're going to have to be very careful how you handle her. Those shows are going to be vital for you to listen to on a regular basis to keep it up.

I just got an email from Joyce that said they addressed my Polygraph issue on this morning�s show. I am going to try to listen to is ASAP.

Prisca, I have listened to them, but I agree that I need to go back and listen to them again.

Roughrock18 #2845060 02/26/15 02:39 PM
P
P
RR,

And I will give this advice to you, again.

Why not write into the radio show and TALK to Dr Harley yourself? It honestly baffles me when people are struggling with such a HUGE decision like separation/ Plan D without using this FREE resource?

I have personally spoken to Dr Harley many times about many different issues (one being whether going into Plan B was a good decision even though I knew that it was...I just wanted his reassurance) and I can honestly say EVERY time, even the times when I had a very good idea of what his advice would be, just chatting with him made me feel better.

Not an email with him reading the response on the air - but actually have a discussion with him.

I would love to talk to him. I just don�t know how to go about doing that???

Write Dr. Harley and ask to be on the show.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2845061 02/26/15 02:39 PM
R
OP Offline
R

That is to be determined. I like the way I feel without them. I feel more conscious and aware of my surroundings. On the AD's I feel more numb and disconnected.

Roughrock18 #2845062 02/26/15 02:43 PM
M
M

That is to be determined. I like the way I feel without them. I feel more conscious and aware of my surroundings. On the AD's I feel more numb and disconnected.

Numb and well-behaved is a lot better for your long term happiness right now than feeling bad and acting out.

markos #2845066 02/26/15 02:56 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by markos

Numb and well-behaved is a lot better for your long term happiness right now than feeling bad and acting out.

True!

Roughrock18 #2845074 02/26/15 03:41 PM
G
G
RR

This thread interests me as I have a similar dilemma, my W is unlikely to confess, has given me only very fragmentary disclosure, stated she would not tell sexual details, but yet because of MB my W is now happy with the way I treat her.

I can tolerate this until my kids are out of college, I don�t know if I can stay after that without a polygraph or voluntary confession.

God Bless
Gamma

Gamma #2845086 02/26/15 04:32 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Gamma
RR

This thread interests me as I have a similar dilemma, my W is unlikely to confess, has given me only very fragmentary disclosure, stated she would not tell sexual details, but yet because of MB my W is now happy with the way I treat her.

I can tolerate this until my kids are out of college, I don�t know if I can stay after that without a polygraph or voluntary confession.

God Bless
Gamma

So I just listened to the show, and Dr. Harley�s advice was pretty spot on to what has been discussed within this thread. He says that I can�t force her to do anything, so I can let her know that it would help me heal, but ultimately it is up to her. He says that things like this have a way of coming out in the future, which can bring you right back to Dday, so it would be very beneficial for her to tell me now.

This goes right along with what Gamma just said. I am willing to dig deep, and move on for my family and for the kids, but once the kids move out, I may still want answers.

It was also mentioned on the show whether or not PA vs. EA would make a difference on whether I decided to stay on the path of recovery. My answer to that is I would still work towards recovery, but It definitely would make a difference to me. One of the reasons, is that I am supposedly the only man she has ever been with, and I feel like I, as her husband deserve to know if that has changed. I would still love her regardless, but it would at least give me the whole story. I don't like feeling like I am in the dark. I want truth, even if the truth is painful. Mentally I already suffered through the worst, because for the first month I assumed it was a PA, and went through the mental anguish that any man would go through.

Roughrock18 #2845088 02/26/15 04:46 PM
M
M
It was also mentioned on the show whether or not PA vs. EA would make a difference on whether I decided to stay on the path of recovery. My answer to that is I would still work towards recovery, but It definitely would make a difference to me.

Would it change your answer from "Yes" to "no"?

markos #2845089 02/26/15 04:47 PM
M
M
How about I just save you the trouble and assure you that it was a physical affair?

markos #2845092 02/26/15 05:01 PM
P
P
You can spend the next 20 years driving yourself crazy wanting her to admit to the truth (and then finally divorcing her), or you can just accept now that it was a physical affair without her acknowledging it and spend the next 20 years building a happy marriage.

I suggest you go with the latter. No one will debate that you DESERVE the truth. But she's not going to give that to you right now. Dwelling on it for years on end is not going to do you any good. You'd be better off divorcing her now.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 489 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation