Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I understand all that, indiegirl. I can't control Amy's behavior with regard to her boyfriend. I asked her not to introduce them so quickly but she ignored my request. In fact she blamed it on me because she says the kids heard me talking about her "boyfriend" and started asking questions, so "they" decided to be honest about it. And of course she wants to share her wonderful man with them and start blending their families as soon as possible. In fact, my oldest daughter asked if John could come to her school play on Friday. So I choked out an "of course honey".

It disgusts me that they are witnessing what is going on, and it disgusts me that it is all a result of my SSL.

I can only control my behavior, which I am doing. Yes it is ridiculous that I'm controlling it now versus 2 months ago (or 6 months ago or 2 years ago for that matter.) But it's all I can do at this point. Try to mitigate the impact on them as much as I can. Make them feel as safe as I can through this.

My point about all the duties isn't that I'm a good dad. It's that I can't leave because I'm doing everything. Like I said, Amy could leave if someone needed to but I doubt she will unless I harass her about her affair.

ETA: Also, I thank everyone for their time and input even if you think I'm the lowest scum on the planet. I appreciate every comment even if it cuts me to the core. especially if it cuts me to the core.

Last edited by Schlag; 03/11/15 04:25 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
My post to you at the very end of your last thread says it all. There's no need for me to repeat it for you, I think. If you won't expend the effort to go find that post, read it, and do what it says, nobody here can help you in any way.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by Schlag
I appreciate every comment even if it cuts me to the core. especially if it cuts me to the core.

Actually the comments are serving as useless distractions for you. Instead of posting on an internet forum you could be becoming educated.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
Schlag Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by Schlag
I appreciate every comment even if it cuts me to the core. especially if it cuts me to the core.

Actually the comments are serving as useless distractions for you. Instead of posting on an internet forum you could be becoming educated.
I'm reading stuff on the site right now, my friend. wink

I started with "what children learn from infidelity"

Last edited by Schlag; 03/11/15 04:40 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation