Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Interesting article about an online dating website that targets married women specifically getting sued by a Catholic organization in France.

I actually sat around discussing this with some lawyer friends of mine awhile back wondering if, for nothing else, discovery during a similar lawsuit here in the US could survive Summary Judgement and could we use discovery to get the names and send interrogatories and subpoenas to every single registered member of a US website like AshleyMadison.com. It's probably possible in the right jurisdiction (like my state Michigan where adultery is still on the books as a felony) and the people using those websites have no idea that they are vulnerable to having their use of the website exposed.

It's probably a safer alternative to legally attack those websites versus the secret Christian organization that is teaching motivated individuals and couples to covertly register fake accounts on infidelity websites, chatting and setting up fake meetings with cheaters, filming it and discreetly exposing them to their spouses and families.

Anyway...here's the French story. Some classic quotes.

BBC - Online Dating Site Sued for Targeting Married Persons

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
B
And we sit here and fight infidelity everyday and there are millions registered (according to them) looking for infidelity. So sad.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
I agree this is sad.

However, it did give me an idea.

In a sense, this is aggregating the waywards to a single place, and it should making snooping easier to do. In a healthy marriage, there is no reason to visit a site like this or ashleymadison.

Even if the wayward is deleting browser history it would be easy to use an internet traffic-logging tool to check for visits to sites like this. It's probably not good if they're actively seeking these sites out, but it would give BS more advanced warning.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
P
P
I find these cheating websites absolutely deplorable. My WW had a second affair with someone on ashleymadison. If I could have that website shut down I would do it in a heartbeat.

DDay - July 25, 2013
DDay #2 - January 27, 2014
DDay #3 - June 29, 2014
BS - Me, 39
WW - Her, 36
5 kids
Married 17 yrs.
S
S
Originally Posted by Pius
I find these cheating websites absolutely deplorable. My WW had a second affair with someone on ashleymadison. If I could have that website shut down I would do it in a heartbeat.
What are you doing about your marriage, Pius? You simply stopped posting about it after you revealed this second affair. Are you attempting Recovery? Is your wife cooperating with a transparent marriage?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Yes, Pius. Stay with us and work a plan to make things better, or it will only get worse. The people who just show up to give us updates and make conversation always end up in terrible situations and extremely miserable. Get immersed in Marriage Builders and you can make your situation far, far better.

Marriage Builders is not just a hate adultery site, although we all certainly hate adultery!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I never heard of ashleymadison until recently; I have read about it twice now in recent weeks in articles discussing how bad it was. If the articles had not been written, I would still be unaware that it existed.

My needs are actually few; mainly respect, with a little domestic support thrown in. If those needs are met, I am not looking in other places to have them met.

S
S
Originally Posted by MosesY
I never heard of ashleymadison until recently; I have read about it twice now in recent weeks in articles discussing how bad it was. If the articles had not been written, I would still be unaware that it existed.

My needs are actually few; mainly respect, with a little domestic support thrown in. If those needs are met, I am not looking in other places to have them met.
What, no romance?

No sex?

No affection?

No fun activities - otherwise known as recreational companionship?

You don't need any of those things from a wife in order to feel happy and in love?

You can get respect and "a little domestic support" from a servant! Why not hire a housekeeper? Your description does not sound a like a marriage!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation